Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2002, 03:50 PM   #1
kalveron

Default morrowind vs neverwinter nights?

i need some opinions here, i accidently screwed up my neverwtiner nights cd, recently morrowind elder scrolls III came out
I am debating wether or not to buy neverwtiner again or marrowind , marrowind i heard has a great storyline decent graphics, but it does require quite a bit of time, but neverwinter nights is dnd enough said,
any opinions on these games or if you can suggest another great recent cpu rpg i would appreciate it, as long as the game is not completely online and has a fee like eq, they tend to be to addicting , thanks for the help all!

gillwen
p.s anyone know a way other then ebay to get a cheap ps2?

Old 09-07-2002, 06:55 PM   #2
cnjmorris

if you still have NWN installed you can find a no cd crack pretty easy.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:57 PM   #3
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Never played NWN, but I played Morrowind a helluva lot.

Things I liked about Morrowind; jaw-dropping visuals, depth of in-game and background story, intriguing main quest and the ability to create stuff with the TES.

It's not perfect. Those flying vulture things attacking you get old real fast as do the fish. There's a lot of "Fedex" type quests as well. If you do things out of order, it can hose certain storylines, and the main quest, in some places. If you don't like reading in a CRPG, you probably won't like Morrowind. There's a ton of literature in the game as well as dialogue text. I found it all to be cool, as it makes the world per se, and adds to the depth that Tamriel had from the previous games.

Also, the game has lots of "zones". You'll find the game pausing nearly all the time while it loads up a new zone (or cell as the TES calls it). I've heard there's a patch that alleviates this, but I haven't tried it.

Summary: The game rocks, but it could've been ironed out a little more.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:25 PM   #4
Lulen The Bard

I haven't played Morrowind. If your just going to be playing single player I would probaly say get morrowind since you haven't played it yet. If you play a lot of multiplayer or want replayablity go with Neverwinter. Between the GM client for really cool Multiplayer(if you play with friends, pick up games can be pretty lame,) and the tons of player made campaings that have already been released there is a ton of replay value in Neverwinter.

Hope that helps.

Lulen
Old 09-08-2002, 02:38 AM   #5
darkforest bushwick

I'm not sure how you screwed up your cd for nwn,but they said on their web page there was a problem with the plant that was pressing them.I like nwn a lot but im waiting for my cd to get shipped back to me because my disc was flawed and cracked inside my cd player.Heres the link http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...08326&forum=49
Old 09-08-2002, 10:03 AM   #6
Bulvyne

I own both, and have played both quite a lot.

Morrowind is the better 1-player game.

NWN is the better multi-player game.

That about sums it up.

Morrowind has incredible graphics. It has a pretty darned good storyline. Lots of neat stuff you can do in-game (Make your own spells, make your own items, etc, etc). Character creation is quite detailed (not as much as Daggerfall, but still a lot of detail). Morrowind does come with a construction set which allows you to create your own lands, items, dungeons, even monsters, etc.

However, Morrowind has NO multiplayer capability, and though the graphics are VERY nice, it's been known to run a little choppy even on "uber" systems. Also, many people have issues with crashes and stuff like that (even though I had it crash on me twice the entire time I played it.)

NWN uses the D&D 3rd edition rules (which I really like). NWN seems to be incredibly stable. The graphics are nice, but not Morrowind-nice. You can gain extra computer-controlled party members and give them limited commands. The construction set to design your own dungeons is awesome, and much simpler to use than Morrowind's.

However, the storyline for NWN single-player is incredibly lame and boring. Magic items are found in almost every container (reminds me of Diablo, pretty much). Many of the 3rd edition rules are left out. Some classes are incredibly unbalanced.
=====

I have both games, and am glad that I have both games, but for different reasons.

I play Morrowind for the single-player experience.
I play NWN for multi-player groups.

Just my 2 copper's,
Bul
Old 09-08-2002, 03:49 PM   #7
kalveron

can anyone provide me with a link for a no cd hack for never winter? google search engine isnt hellping to much
gillwen
Old 09-08-2002, 03:55 PM   #8
Tuan00Dorf

www.gamecopyworld.com for all your no-cd needs.

Also, I believe NWN v1.23 changed it so you don't need the CD anymore to play, even without the crack.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:51 AM   #9
Kerryn Darkwater

Morrowind has the ugliest characters you'll ever see in any game anywhere, ever. And as Ulujain says there's a high percentage of quests that are basically "take this to blah blah blah" but it's still worth looking at. Haven't noticed any glitching though on my machine but I'm waiting for the X Box version to come out before I actually buy it but only because there is sod all else to buy for the X Box.

Neverwinter Nights has a horribly boring storyline that made me give up halfway through the second chapter and the world builder which was the bit I was waiting for seems to have outfoxed most people. Despite what people say it's incredibly complicated to get a half decent module built and most of the player built ones are quite frankly drivel. It's glitchy as hell, full of endless bugs, crashes, and general smeg ups. I'm still of the opinion that NWN should never have been released, because it's a 25% finished game.

Then again I bought Warcraft 3 last week and I was bored after an hours play.

Personally I think I'm in a good game glut right at the moment, just waiting for the new Baldurs Gate game on the PS2.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:36 AM   #10
Kamakasi Battlemaster

Default morrowind vs neverwinter nights?

You can get a replacement CD for NWN. I have contacted gaming companys before if I accidently broke a CD and they gladly sent me a new one. Its worth a try.

Kama
:rollin:
Old 09-09-2002, 12:55 PM   #11
Raedwulf

I enjoyed both games. Morrowind was a deeper world and certainly darker, but NWN was more "fun."
Old 09-09-2002, 02:11 PM   #12
solistar

Morrowind graphics suck... BAD

I still don't know what people are thinking when they say they "rock"

Think of Morrowind as a really complicated and BIG version of heritic with questing (I think that was the games name) I still think morrowind was a good game, but graphics weren't one of the reasons

I still like NWN, that game owns, played several games of chess with friends too
Old 09-09-2002, 09:55 PM   #13
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Morrowind a bigger version of Heretic? LOL, I once got flamed for comparing EQ to multiplayer Hexen 2.

I'll stand by my assertion that Morrowind's graphics rock. Easily the best water effects I've seen in any game. Character animations aren't so hot; still craps all over EQ's alleged animation.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:19 AM   #14
solistar

The water animations are nice, I was actually referring to the basic enviroment... Like the people in Morrow, they really loook like sh1t

For the most part all monsters and buildings look like crap as well
Old 09-10-2002, 05:41 AM   #15
Kerryn Darkwater

-Cathos
Doc of LeFay
I gotta ask but....

"sitting on the doc of LeFay, watching the tide roll away, sitting on the Doc of LeFay wasting time, wasting time!!"

/whistles
Old 09-10-2002, 07:27 AM   #16
solistar

I dun get it :/
Old 09-10-2002, 09:08 AM   #17
Ironskin

"(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding and Steve Cropper

Old 09-10-2002, 04:28 PM   #18
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Later destroyed by Michael Bolton...
Old 09-11-2002, 05:31 AM   #19
Kerryn Darkwater

later saved by Pearl Jam on a rare vinyl.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:19 AM   #20
Barrymore Yorke

/me pokes head back in

I gotta say, I've never seen the point in comparing graphics between a first person view 3D game (Morrowind) and an isometric overhead view pseudo 3D game (Neverwinter Nights). They're completely different viewing experiences, so it's apples and oranges. It would make more sense to compare Morrowind's graphics to EQ and Neverwinter Nights' graphics to Baldur's Gate II.