Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
Default Just a little survey.

How many of you, prior to game cards, were to young to own a credit card or just didnt own one....and maybe someone paid it for you, and you paid them back?

Age isnt really an issue, just gimme a hollar here if you dont own the card that pays your account.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Xout

<--
Xout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
Metzen
Supporter

<--
Metzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
CrypteXY
Banned User

Good, good. Keep em coming.

PS: This acctualy has a very good point. Give it time.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:27 PM   #5
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Just didn't have one, so friends took care of the CC.

Problems with policies expecting you to supply the original card info?
Ice Weasel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #6
Netura

Send a message via AIM to Netura
<---On parents credit cards, because dad is too lazy to switch to mine now. I do pay him back monthly...but on his card.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
CrypteXY
Banned User

Well, I have the orignal card info and all that. My mother was the first one to ever pay for my account so it wasnt hard to get. Three different people have payed for my account, but its always been me behind the wheel.

Problem being the name listed as the owner(my name) wasnt on any of those cards. Quote time! This is taken from an e-mail I recieved.

You are not mentioned anywhere in the history of the account <nameremoved>. We cannot grant your request. Your request will not be processed or approved, and your account(s) will be subject to review and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
I got this e-mail while I was at work. So I dont have a good memory, as I've said a few times, and here I am thinking "shit....I wounder what the disciplinary action is. Fuck I cant remmber!" I later decided that it would most likely be banning. Quick actions were taken to reserve the vast fortunes I've aquired on two different servers.

Thing is, I'm not really upset. More....confused, for lack of a better word. I mean, I wasnt really playing any of the characters I had. All of them were stripped and melted into plat already. They were all retired. I was just killing time till I could be a froglok.

This all happend while I was attempting to move a character from veeshan to Emarr. They asked for all the past credit info, I was able to provide it all correctly along with cd-keys. All is well, I didnt lose anything worth mentioning except a few 63+ characters. I guess I just wanted this to be a public service announcement.

In all honesty when me and a friend were signing up for the transfer it never dawned on me that the past billing info would be a problem. It was just a normal saturday....

Last edited by CrypteXY; 01-29-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:13 PM   #8
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

sucks.
Lurkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 07:14 PM   #9
CrypteXY
Banned User

Yeah, but next week it'll be really funny....to me.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:16 PM   #10
Igota
Supporter

I always paid for my account, but I had two friends that paid me in cash to put their accounts on my credit card.

I had to resolve a simmiler issue, all you should need to do is get them in touch with the card holder and say that it is their account and they were just paying for it (that is all i had to do for a friend)
Igota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:57 PM   #11
Umbrae

< - - -

Still to this day pay some one else in $ to use thier credit card.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 04:29 AM   #12
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I went through like three or four different people's credit cards before I finally got my own. O.o

I had some problems with getting account change requests as well. Since I didn't actually buy my main account (I bought my second account and all, Valrus bought it and I adopted it through payments) the EQ Transfer guys were like "Uh, nope, we can't do anything for your two accounts. Your current information on both accounts may look the same, but the original information doesn't. No can do!" So I sent them a spam flood barrage of emails with a complete story of my EQ account history, and how I'm really, pretty much, the original owner (Our friend who bought it originally played through some of the trial month, then gave up on the game in 1999, and Valrus and I took it in on my dad's old credit card back in August 1999, which is no longer a valid credit card). They finally got the picture.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:56 AM   #13
CrypteXY
Banned User

I had to resolve a simmiler issue, all you should need to do is get them in touch with the card holder and say that it is their account and they were just paying for it (that is all i had to do for a friend)
Tell them to call the card holders or have the card holders call them?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:24 AM   #14
Frekkels

Crypte,

If you really want to make it happen you can.
But it will be a painful process dealing with their CSR's.

Took us about a dozen e-mails and two long distance phone calls to get a character transfer from one account to another awhile back.

The second account we had purchased for a family member, and took back control over when her system couldn't take one of the expansions. We had bought her the game, but the subscription was billed to a different CC. We took over the billing easily, but when the transfer was submitted, the different CC #'s from original billing and current billing caused problems.

Eventually it was all resolved, but it took some major hoop-jumping. If you have all the CC #'s, CD-Key info, and other information (even silly stuff like the original billing address for the first CC# account), you can eventually get it to go through.

Remember, their CSR reps don't make much. Treat them nicely or you won't get anywhere. Very easy for them to dismiss your request with one of those form e-mails and send it to the bottom of the queue.

We had to eventually get to the head of CSR for account transfers before it worked, and even then it took a few tries.

Perseverance will pay off.
Take care,
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:28 AM   #15
CrypteXY
Banned User

Damn it now I have to buy a phone card. I'm to cheap for long
distance service.

ps: You didnt say hail. :eek:

Last edited by CrypteXY; 01-30-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:45 AM   #16
CrypteXY
Banned User

Well, its fixed. Kinda. Problem was I was listing my name as the owner when my cousins name was listed as the owner. There were some other problems but I'm not getting banned or anything. I just cant do the servre transfer.

Guy I talked to really rocked too. He plays on Emarr, says he hates ToF and Torm too. We got along well.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:52 AM   #17
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

hahaha
Lurkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:55 AM   #18
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Rock on!

Old 01-30-2003, 09:57 AM   #19
CrypteXY
Banned User

I mean come on, this is hillarious. It's like strait out of seinfield. Complete coincidence. How bad are you when even the techies hate you.

His name was Joe. I like Joe.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:15 AM   #20
Nire

Send a message via AIM to Nire Send a message via MSN to Nire
When I first started playing years ago the account was on my parents CC. I got one shortly after....but I leeched off the parents til I was 19 or so.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:17 PM   #21
Zelgadis

What would really be interesting is if Crypte was really serious about this... err... are you serious?

Old 01-30-2003, 04:23 PM   #22
CrypteXY
Banned User

are you serious?
Yes, belive it or not this really happend. We didnt really have a long conversation or anything. Just after we were done working things out and stuff he asked about me being on Emarr. Said he never heard of me, now what kinda crazy shit is that?

Last edited by CrypteXY; 01-30-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:59 PM   #23
Zelgadis

You know those big GM customer service guys. Not allowed to talk on these community message boards.

Old 01-30-2003, 07:13 PM   #24
CrypteXY
Banned User

Dont think he was a GM, just a tech guy. Unless they're one and the same.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:01 PM   #25
jazimine

<----
jazimine is offline   Reply With Quote