Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
Warcast

Default Looking for Guild...

Hello, Im a lvl 21 Shaman...Ive been playing Eq since Retail release, Though on different servers. I know all of Old world, Kunark and Velious, took a break for school when luclin came out so not to upto date with that. dont have pop yet.

Im looking for a guild with alot of participation. When I log in I normally expect to see the screen filled with innane chatter from guildies to keep me occupied while leveling. Im hopeing to play untill collage starts(7 months) and depending on how easy it is through my new found learning.

My main goal is to meet people, talk to peaple and have people to raid/level/group with once im in the level range. Im relitivly new to this server though I have a pretty good set of equip Ive managed to buy/sell.

Please leave some posts here if your interested in a new member or to talk a bit ^^

Last edited by Warcast; 01-29-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Warcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:17 PM   #2
Warcast

=/
Old 01-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #3
korinn

I would suggest checking out the "Guild links" section of this board and looking at all the guilds. Find one that you think you will fit in with and post on their personal board.

Good luck to you,
Old 01-29-2003, 11:53 PM   #4
Warcast

Easier to post here where guilds that are acutally accepting people under 65 will look....99% of the guilds that sound good only accept uber 50-60+ char's.

Im looking for a family style guild. One where there is like 10-15 people on just talking or grouping together and doing the odd raid. Main goal is to find some new friends on server.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:34 AM   #5
Verno Soulkeeper

Please don't take this the wrong way, but although it may be easier for you to post here than trawl through the guild links, I really don't think you'll have much luck this way.

Guilds are unlikely to respond on this board saying 'Come join us' for a number of reasons.

First of all, it should be up to the individual to find the guild and approach them, not vice versa.

Secondly, for a guild to post a response on a thread such as this saying 'We'll have you!' smacks of desperation to some extent. No-one wants to be seen as being desperate for members, but grabbing new members who have made very little effort to find a suitable guild and have expressed no interest in their guild in particular gives just that impression (IMHO).

Also, relating to that point, many guilds have a strong sense of their own identity (the family). They would thefore be unlikely to even consider inviting somone unless that person believed their guild in particular was the right place for them to be; they had grouped/chatted with at least a few members a number of times; they had made some kind of an effort to show their committment; and the guild as a whole thought the person would fit in well.

This is getting a bit more in depth than I intended, but I've started now, so I might as well see it through!

It seems to me there are are two ways you can go about finding a guild for yourself.

You could take the time to do your research on the guild links pages. Find which guilds cater for your level/timezone etc. Then visit their sites if they have them. Read their charter/constitution/rules or whatever they have. Read any public area of their message boards. Find out if you think you could get along with these people, and if they get up to the sort of things you'd be interested in taking part in.
When you find one that seems to fit; either post an intrduction to yourself on their board and ask if they'd mind if you approached them in game with a view to joining (they may not be recruiting at all, in which case they can save you some time by telling you straight away); or approach one of the leaders/officers directly in game with a /tell and introduce yourself that way.

Or you could take the approach of doing everything in game.
Check who's in the zone you're hunting in. If there's a couple or more people from the same guild, chances are they're hunting together. Ask if you can join them. If you can, have a chat with them. Ask about their guild. If you all get along ask if they mind if you group with them again. If they like you, after a few hunting sessions they'll probably ask if you're interested in joining them. This way could take a while, but you'll get to meet a lot of people.

Anyway, I must be really bored at work to bore everyone with my ramblings (assuming anyone's still reading! ).

Best of luck to you in finding a home for yourself!

Verno Soulkeeper.
Paladin of Marr for 50 seasons.
Officer of Regia Antiquus.
Verno Soulkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:41 AM   #6
Warcast

Took a while but went through and out of all the links, I applyed to 5 guilds............4 of which are like 50+ but may make special requirements.....Guess Ill just have to wait a few months and try this again
Old 01-30-2003, 11:59 AM   #7
wundrfulthing

I have found the best way to find a guild is in game grouping with said guild.

Most guilds now have a probationary period in which they want you to group with as many guild members as possible to get a good feel for your play style and how well you mesh with existing members.

Just my 2 cents
Figured I would stop lurking on the board
Kizar
52 Beastlord
wundrfulthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:18 PM   #8
Finbarr

A nickle's worth of free advice;

Look for a guild that is: Has people around your level, that is active as a group, that is raiding things around your experience level - for instance if you have never done the old world planes, look for a guild that is capable and is doing them, not a guild wrapped up in the tier 4 planes. If you apply to a guild that you do not have the levels or experience to be a contributor then you are not doing them nor yourself a service.

And most importantly, find a guild with people you like.

Hope it helps.
Finbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
Warcast

Im tired =/

Last edited by Warcast; 01-31-2003 at 12:32 AM.