Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2003, 01:39 AM   #1
Terad

Exclamation Log Parsers

Hey,
Does anyone have a link for a good log parser they're willing to share? I don't really know where to look and I want to find an acurate answer on my dps.

Terad/Tairre/Bulder
Terad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:01 AM   #2
Keldarn

For whatever reason, Google is disabled here at work. Just go to www.google.com and search for "Yalp". There's another that I think is named EQCompanion. I use Yalp, and think it does a fair job.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:05 AM   #3
Andredien

I use one called EQwatcher Advanced (http://www.eqwatcher.com), that reads your log file while you're playing. If you're on XP or have the Microsnot Speech SDK installed, it will give you all sorts of voice feedback while you play: DPS after combat, kills per hour, warnings when a mob gets slowed or slow stops, etc.

You can also set waypoints for each zone, and then retrieve them in-game. EQWA will tell you things like "Waypoint is at 11 o'clock" or "Waypoint is South-East". It will also read you /tells you receive out loud, tell you how long you take to zone, tell you about lev or invis about to fade, and so on and so forth.

You can also use it to set timers on things (e.g. Grimling Runner spawn in Tenebrous Mountains is on a 90-minute spawn. Set yourself a timer for 85 minutes, and EQWA will let you know when the runner is about to be ready again).

There's a whole --load of features, and you can create your own scripts, even. Really cool.

The program only reads your eqlog.txt and notes.txt files, and does not look at packets, or modify anything, hence does NOT violate the EULA. The author has a whole great big section in the manual explaining why EQWA doesn't violate the EULA.

Plus hey, coolness, it's free! I've found it an invaluable add-on that saves me having to *look* at everything on the screen - I can use my ears too, now! Very handy for a Bard with InfiniSpam on the screen...

"Nobody notices what I do - until I stop doing it." -- Ancient Bard Motto
Andredien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:42 PM   #4
Dragoonslair

Sounds pretty cool =)

I took this quote form the home page for this program.

"What makes this program so wonderful is that it gives audio responses, in the form of CD player, .WAV's, MP3's (using WinAMP), and even Text-to-Speech (using Microsoft SAPI)."

What I am wondering is if I am using the built in mp3 player will I still be able to get the sound from this?

And will it be over the music or cut out the music or no music at all while I use this?

Just checking before I take the time to download and install when I get home from work tonight. Personally music is better =P I can read what zone i zoned into and watch to see if mob starts casting if it means keeping my music =)

BUT if i can run them both at the same time I'm all for this =)

Please let me know.

Dragoonslair 55th Pally
Officer of <The Raenore>
Dragoonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:04 AM   #5
Andredien

Your mileage may vary, of course, but I tested it with the built-in MP3 player (which I hardly ever use - being a bard, my songs are enough to keep me entertained ) and it mixes both the speech sound and the regular MP3 sound together no problem. I'm running a 1.3GHz P4 and didn't notice any slowdowns.

"Nobody notices what I do - until I stop doing it." -- Ancient Bard Motto
Andredien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:33 PM   #6
Dragoonslair

Woot! Glad to hear it... will look into downloading and getting this running in the next few days...

Whenever I remember when I get home and am not on EQ =P

Dragoonslair 55th Pally
Officer of <The Raenore>
Dragoonslair is offline   Reply With Quote