Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2002, 02:56 AM   #1
Prospect1

Default Clerics Unite

To all Clerics on this server, use that /feedback and let Sony know that the new changes have not been so great. As many know, now we have a new bottleneck, Sol B. I thought a great idea was

1. Make Sol B turn in NPC Permanent.

2. Make him spawn like every 6 Hours or less

3. Lower the shard drop rate more, so it makes it not that easy to get epic. (and if h ave problems getting shards, well you got problems as most are getting all 4 in 5-6 hours)

I think this is a great idea to keep epic hard and still make it possible.

Some of the Problems with Sol B, u ask?

1. Need a few freinds to get there first of all.

2. Firegiants seem to just aggro at will and wipe the camp.

3. Who the hell wants to spend 72 hours or more camping this PoS turn in NPC.

Most all clerics have been real good and been waiting in line, lets continue to do this. Spread the word, the more WE ALL, ACROSS ALL SERVERS /feedback, this will get changed even faster.

Good Day !

Thanks , Prospect K'Rezz of The Nameless
Old 09-12-2002, 03:05 AM   #2
Jexielia

<font color=yellow>3. Who the hell wants to spend 72 hours or more camping this PoS turn in NPC.</font>

*cough* no offense but what island is the crown for the mage epic on?

how difficult are the spawns for lets say... the necro epic?

I think you get the picture.

I cant believe that with the changes made to the cleric epic (which was already simple *minus the players at eachothers throats type of difficultly level*) that people are still demanding it be changed...

The cleric epic has been changed, its for the better, Im sure... I havent read up on it... but the next thing Im going to see is a post saying that all clerics should /feedback "can clerics come equipt with their epic at level one plz k thx"

but... whatever... good luck... I wouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth. God forbid they get pissed at people demanding it be made easier and change it back to the way it was...

Old 09-12-2002, 03:11 AM   #3
Kerryn Darkwater

Unite for what? Another change of your epic?

People didnt like the first method, they complained. It was changed.

People didnt like the second method, they complained. It was changed.

Next change you guys are gonna get if you carry on is a new epic, a new quest and you can have a 120point DD on it instead, to bring it in line with some of the other epic weapons.

Several of the epics need dragons that spawn every 7 days if you're lucky. The drops of these are not guaranteed, you can kill dozens in a row before getting your piece. Try getting to the tops islands of Air because it's the least raided of all planes due to the time it takes.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:12 AM   #4
Zelious Duskstalker

sounds like he wants a cleric epic vending machine......get over it dude
Old 09-12-2002, 03:25 AM   #5
Trech Da ShadowKnight

Default .

Oh look, another cleric epic thread. I couldnt be more excited.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:08 AM   #6
Vendrix

Default Re: .

Fire Giants have a huge agro radius, always have.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:15 AM   #7
Daveena

Bah, the only thing that really upsets me about my cleric is that he always burns his bread when summoning it.

Old 09-12-2002, 04:17 AM   #8
Jexielia

if a cleric can get a group to clear the first two giants and move across the ledge to where Rage spawns they'll be alright from agro... sat there myself, saw others do it safely with no agro.

I dont think its that huge of an issue if a cleric is high enough to even worry about their epic they should be able to keep a few tanks up to clear *two* giants to get to where they need to be.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:49 AM   #9
Islington

Actually, if you're high enough level and know what you're doing, a Cleric can zone into Sol B and reach the Zordak camp solo. It's actually rather easy if you know how the lava tunnels work.

Also keep in mind that this "petition" does NOT represent the Cleric base as a whole. This other 99% of Clerics (which I refer to as the sane ones) are quite happy with the current changes and think that, if anything, the quest is now a bit too easy and trivial in some aspects. Personally, I think the only things that need changing yet are to, possibly, make the Perlescent Fragments a tad bit more rare still and to increase the respawn of the Warder from, the current, 30 minutes to around 2 hours (less than that and it becomes a massive Ragefire party, too much more than that and we return to the old way of Ragefire which NOBODY wants).
Old 09-12-2002, 05:01 AM   #10
Jexielia

I personally thought it was quite entertaining to read the other servers' responses to this "plead" to make the cleric epic easier. If I had been laughed at like this cleric I'd have gone back to playing Duck Hunt and Super Mario Brothers.

Im also suprised by how many clerics think that the epic is, now, way way too simple.

Its not supposed to be easy, if I wanted to play a game that I could accomplish anything with no effort or time whatsoever... I'd definatly not be playing this game with the hopes of getting an epic.

Old 09-12-2002, 05:44 AM   #11
Hoppkins

Default lol

The old rage camp in SOL B was quite fun in Naggys lair, try sitttnig there waiting for random giants to spawn on your HEEED. Then the server goes down and a dragon you cant kill spawns on your HEEEED.

Then X guild comes with random_newbiecleric_001 and kills rage and claims your camp. NIGHTMARE!!!

Takes a few people to get there? SO WHAT??? Jesus wept, fire giants can be killed with what 3 people?? Freaking mobs in umbral are tougher......

Cmon over the weekend when this was instigated I saw more epics gained in 2 days than in 2 months. get a clue...or be happy with hammer of judgment....or something.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:54 AM   #12
Dunkk

Default Re: lol

Can't I just find a lock to pick to steal my epic?

I think I should be able to just buy my epic, how about that?

kthx.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:06 AM   #13
TheClericBanton

This guy is an idiot... The recent changes has made the cleric epic easy as hell.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:17 AM   #14
Suicidal Slayne

Only 72 hours for a turn in? Gee, arent we spoiled.

How many clerics were forced to spend longer then that for the version 2.0 SolB Zordak that would spawn 24 hours too 5 days later.

Sorry, the cleric epic is a kickass utility item. To want it even easier then it already is I feel is delusional and greedy.

~Slayne
Old 09-12-2002, 10:08 AM   #15
Araya LeBon

edit: double posts can eat my ***
Old 09-12-2002, 10:10 AM   #16
Araya LeBon

Heh. Me and my wife zoned into Sol B the other morning, strolled down and wacked the first 2 fire giants and RF was up. She handed in her *whatever* and went to SF and got her epic.

Did we just got really lucky? Is this REALLY a bottleneck? I find it hard to believe that in the midst of this cleric epic rush we got a hold of a rare mob our first time down with no camping. I doubt it's a bottleneck.

Cleric epic is now probably as easy as the monk epic. I can't BELIEVE people are still complaining.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:19 AM   #17
Tormarc Truelight

You have to be kidding me, the cleric epic is rather simple now, ill agree that maybe the shard rate is a bit too common, but making sol b rage less than 24 hours? no thanks 1 cleric epic entering the world a day is plenty, considering it used to be what? 1 to 2 a week?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:39 AM   #18
Lulen The Bard

Slightly off topic, does anyone else miss the old ragefire camp in naggy's lair? People were usualy pretty civil on our server, with some clerics helping with the previous camp before taking it over after rage was dead. The fun fire giant clearings... getting to take those 4 hour naps between clearings. Sigh... those were some fun times. Moving ragefire to Skyfire sucked compared to the 72hr max camp in Sol B(unless a patch came in the middle of your camp.) I have to admit that the new spawnable version is for the best, but I do still miss the old school sol b version.

Lulen
Old 09-12-2002, 11:20 AM   #19
kanewilliam

/opinion on

if a couple of FG's wipe you out, perhaps it's a bit early to be gettin' that epic.

/opinion off
Old 09-12-2002, 11:35 AM   #20
Devl Deggs

how about this solution:

Cleric types /givemeepic and his epic appears in hand.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:58 AM   #21
Dreadwolfff

Whats next ... cleric epic in creation at level 1 ?

Cleric epic is the best it can possibly get .. you want another change ?

I duno about shard drop rate thou took us 4 days or so of
round the clock camping to get to get 8 shards.

You guys just lucky i guess

Dread
Old 09-12-2002, 12:15 PM   #22
hawaiihouse

Default Banton sig

hehe banton like your sig nothing like atching them dance to drowning pool!!!

Diwahabulin - 56 Shaman
Old 09-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #23
Dauragon N Sethius

Nothing demoralizes my hero Spiderman like your sig.

HE'S NOT GAY!
Old 09-12-2002, 02:57 PM   #24
Gamthor

I've done version One and version Two of the cleric epic and have just moved to this server to attempt Version 3 ... if you can't wait on Ragefire in Sol B, reguardless of how many others are there before you or how long his spawn time is, maybe you should re-roll your character.

Vdargam
High Priest

p.s. Offering my services in Chardok for a chance at the King, will stay for entire event.

Old 09-12-2002, 04:14 PM   #25
Manifex

. Who the hell wants to spend 72 hours or more camping this PoS turn in NPC.
I have been out of it a while... is the Ragefire merchant a 72 hour spawn time now?