Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 08:26 AM   #1
Druid Stacy

Default Loot splitting, aka ML (Master Looter)

I know how to be a ML, but apparently quite a few people do not. I guess some of the younger players coming from DL or KC just dont understand how ML works. Here is my attempt to explain how this works. If I screw it up, please feel free to flame err.. correct me in my wrongness.

ML is a designated person in an exp group that will be the person to loot any and all corpses that the said group have killed. The person selected is required to be honest and trustworthy to the entire group. Some things to consider when doing loot management,

The first priority should go out to the cleric of the group. Why? you ask. This is to compensate the clerics for their component costs when they cast their symbols on the group. You figure that 1 peridot costs 12pp to a normal person. You have 6 people in a group and the cleric is level 54. The symbol that he casts at that level is Symbol of Marzin. The spell lasts 1 hour. The group ususally fights for about 4 hours minimum. This equals 288pp spent on one groups Symbols. So you see why its important to pay the clerics first. Now if that cleric is not casting symbols on your group, then dont pay them. If players would do this then I dont see why the clerics shouldnt cast symbols on all the group members all the time.

Once cleric has bee compensated, then rest of the items that drop should then be up for grabs to the group. Need before Greed on all cases. Me personally, I have 3 lists going in a normal group. First list is for spells. Second list for regular jewels that drop that run an average price of 100pp if sold to a vendor. Third list is the higher end jewels and armor drops such as Blue Diamonds and Donal's Vambraces.

When it is time for a member of the group to go, the ML should quickly do a split before the person disbands. Now doing a split of the platinum, the ML should be honest. I have seen on several occasions where the ML does a split after 4 or 6 hours of killing frogs in OS and I only receive a 10pp split. If you have not been killing in OS resently or ever, frogs on the average drop 3 to 6 pp per frog. As an example, Last night in OS I was the ML for a very nice group. During the 5.5 hours of group time we had, 2 members leave about 2.5 hours apart. I did a split of the pp when the first member left. Each member of the group received 36pp each. That split was 216pp divided 6 ways. The split did include 880gp being split up in 6 ways as well. After another 3 hours of playing, I had to go. Before I left I did another split where each member received another 52pp 126gp.

Well, this is how I do ML. I think it would be great if everyone did it this way to some extent.

Thank You for your time,

Stacy

"I am not a follower of the rules, I am an exception to the rules"
Old 09-14-2002, 09:21 AM   #2
Razer

nice post. let me reply to this and let everyone know, NEVER let Mmhan be ML in a group :P

Mmhan is a chanter who spends most of his time in OS. A few weeks ago he was at zone in, and I was sitting there. he came along and invited me, I joined group, and then left group. couple minutes later he came and invited me again, so I told him I didn't want to group with him.

"why don't you want to group with me?"

"I've heard bad stories about you."

"like what?"

"well, you ninja loot mobs and you don't share money with the group"

I expected a big denial about this, but instead I got...

"So what, gimme a break, I like money you know!"

"umm, you are supposed to share drops and money with your group when you are ML"

"I do share money with my groups sometime, but I slip myself gems"

This is pretty much where the conversation ended. I started asking guildies and friend what they've heard about him and it was mainly "he steals money in groups" and "he's a bad chanter" and everyone I know tries to avoid him.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:42 PM   #3
Fyrwalker

Sounds like a tool

While yer at it...

When you do gems, don't do a /random 1-6.. Alpha em.. Sucks ass when 'grats 1' 'grats 1' 'grats 1' 'grats 1'.. and nobody else wins diddly
Old 09-15-2002, 06:20 AM   #4
Druid Stacy

It is fine to do random 1 - 6. Just have to remember after each jewel is passed out that the person who received the jewel is out of the next round. So when next jewel drops you could do /random 1 - 5. I do however prefer your method of passing them out via alphabet order. I even sometimes do the giving of jewels in reverse alphabet order due to the fact by the time you get around to the latter people they have to go and never get a jewel, depending on the frequency of the drops. To add to my previous post, we were lucky enough to go 3 or 4 complete rounds of jewels. Everyone in the group got several jewels and spells.

Thanks

Stacy
Old 09-15-2002, 11:13 AM   #5
kanewilliam

Default ML

MLing is the only way to go at the higher end.

Clerics go through dots in Velks, they go through dots in Umbral.. one of the static places to earn cash for them in in Seb.

Pick a ML. If something drops (Cobalt Bracer) that's an -obvious upgrade) Ogre War is in group ya know.. it defaults to them NBG. Otherwise goes to ML.

All Item Loot, BD, Diamonds, Jacinths, Scrolls get
randomed at the end of the night. All gems go the cleric.

Then we usually /random 200 300 (it's just classic, few years ago, people were paranoid about randoming 1 100, due to hacking.. and it just stuck.. kinda just funny).

Highest picks loot, then next and so on until everyone has something. Then we roll again until there is no loot left.

This system has worked and kept MOST people rich for years now.

Ya people sometimes baulk at it, but they think clerics mke out like bandits in -every- zone.

This is simply not true.

They think every cleric has a guild that supplies them in endless dots.

This is not true.

erhm.. anyways.. that post got long. that's just one way it's done on another server. bleh, thanks for reading.

Old 09-15-2002, 11:18 AM   #6
kanewilliam

Default Razer

umm, you are supposed to share drops and money with your group when you are ML
I don't know you, but judging by yer sig, looks like you are a rogue like me.

I'm sure he wasn't referring to MLing. Sounds to me like something that happened to me once.

I normally don't pickpocket. Once, in seb, I wanted to see how i'd make out PPing. On about my third press, I got a BD. Talking later to rogues, I found this is pretty rare to get a gem like that, but they said they usually get star rubies, fire emeralds ALL the time.

Now, once I got the BD, I did something REALLY fvcking stupid.

I told them. I said, "Guys. I hit my PP button and got a BD, i'm giving it to the ML to split."

Suddenly rumors started flying, and no one wanted rogues for ANYTHING except PLA camp. (i think you guys call it Crypt).

/sigh.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:09 PM   #7
Parum n Silarik

Default Re: Razer

/shrug

I often ML and forget to split gems and crap like that.

Just pass the cash to the first guild cleric I meet.

Parum Papumpum, fine supplier of Sylendria's dots!
Old 09-15-2002, 01:30 PM   #8
Razer

I'm sure he wasn't referring to MLing.
actually from what I understand Mmhan or however you spell his name, ninja loots the mobs his group drops. ie. he loots it before it even falls over on the ground. he admits he does this, and he admits he likes money which is why he often doesn't split the money he loots. and then he admitted that SOMETIMES he splits money and gems with his group, but he likes to slip himself gems instead of being fair and doing it alpha.

Basically he does nothing that a normal exp group in OS likes to do, so that he can get more money/gems for himself.

On the topic of pick pocket. I used pick pocket often in DL to get my skill up when I was in my 40's. I'm a rogue, I have to do it sometime. Eventually I decided I would be better off finding mobs like guards in thurgadin near zone to raise my skill. stand facing zone so I could hightail it if I failed and aggroed them. that way I raise the skill and don't steal from my group. Once I got my skill high enough to loot my epic pieces I retired the skill :P

Last time I used pick pocket, I think, was when I was super bored in OS around lvl 52 and I decided to go pick pocket the golems and frogs at zone out. never got a single gem, just cash.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:03 PM   #9
Nogem

Suddenly rumors started flying, and no one wanted rogues for ANYTHING except PLA camp.(i think you guys call it Crypt).
I know I get turned down for groups all the time because I'm a rogue........but not really.

Crypte X`Y
Black Guard of A Twist of Fate

Old 09-15-2002, 07:34 PM   #10
The Lone Ranger

I know a good way to raise pp skill and or make cash all by yourself, and I know a few rogues might be unhappy about me telling the secret but...

Go to WFP. Every guard you see with a shield, give him 1 rusty sword. He will equip the sword and the shield is now pickable. Sells for good cash, I forget how much something like 8-10pp each.

There are tons of guards by zonelines in freeport that have plat and shields ripe for your picking. You don't need to upset the group or feel guilty about PPing.

Enjoy.
/duck
Old 09-16-2002, 11:58 AM   #11
Mayteira

Default Not all members

Clerics should NOT be single symboling ALL the people in the group. Secondary caster classes like mages, wizzies, and necros, should not be getting symboled. I yell at people for symboling me, I never get hit and if I am there is usually something seriuosly wrong if it's a normal group,hell even in an abnormal group if people know how too manage agro and use their spells properly. If I'm messer then I'll spend my own dot for my own shield.
Clerics who are symboling each and ever person in a normal exp group are wasting ALOT of money.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:05 PM   #12
Ghie

Default Re: Not all members

I master loot 90% of the xps groups I am in. Most of the time I remember to split everything and make sure everyone ends up with something to show for the night other than xps and coin.

The cleric ends up with about 200pp worth of gems each night. Not that they neccesarily used 19 dots, but hey, you can't over pay a good cleric. Especially when every bloody mob and their mother dispells Aego now.

FS weapons and other junk gets left on the ground for anyone who feels like weighing themselves down.