Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2002, 02:23 PM   #1
cnjmorris

Default Neverending Story

Okay, same ol me, brand new issue.

This weekend my USB printer and Parallel printer both stopped working. I shipped them over to another pc on the network and they work fine.

The issue now is that no USB or parallel devices will work on my main system that I use. Can anyone think of anything that would cause this? Neither the USB on my motherboard OR the USB card plugged into the board will support USB devices now.

No clue what is up, but everything else is workig fine. Only change I have made is that last week I upgraded from 512mb to 1024mb of ram.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:57 PM   #2
Arnwolf Magnuson

Do your USB controller and USB root hub in device manager look ok? What OS are you using?
Old 09-17-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
cnjmorris

I am using Windows XP Pro.

It says that there is no problem with the Root Hub or the USB controller.

The thing that most concerns me is the fact that my wacom drawing tablet doesn't even show a green power light on it (steals power from MB)

Old 09-17-2002, 03:43 PM   #4
Arnwolf Magnuson

Try running a system restore to a date before the problem was occurring.

Start, All programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. Choose a recent date in bold that is before this problem began and follow the prompts to system restore.

You won't lose data, but if you have installed or uninstalled any software those changes will be reversed.

If that doesn't work, delete both USB controllers and both Root Hubs from device manager and restart the computer. They are native to xp and will be reloaded.

Other then that, your USB may be screwed...the fact that your PCI card USB ports and your built in USB ports neither one works tells me it may be software related though.

Arnwolf Magnuson
Old 09-17-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
cnjmorris

Thanks man, didn't want to do a system restore so I tried the delete usb thing that I should know to do. I have done it in the past, just stupid today I guess.

Anyway, just clicked over here using USB mouse and tablet, all working. Thanks again.