Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2002, 02:47 PM   #1
Zolmaz Zo Boto

Default GREAT NEWS.. Yes !! DAMN this made my day.

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Iraq has consented to readmit U.N. weapons inspectors without conditions, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan announced on Monday.

"I can confirm to you that I have received a letter from the Iraqi authorities conveying their decision to allow the return of the inspectors without conditions," he told reporters.

abcnews.go.com/wire/World...6_587.html

All I can say is WOW.. WTG Iraq !

Looks like Bush got his wish. Well, Lets see how far this
goes and what may develop..

I am feeling really good about this decision by Iraq.
Allthough more information would be nice. As i am sure it will be coming.

Zolmaz.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:50 PM   #2
Martigan

I like the whole good cop / bad cop thing the US did with it's allies.

BTW, let's hope this works. Back in 1998, we ended up bombing Iraq because they kicked out inspectors. If they did the same thing again, we will probably do a little more than just drop a few bombs.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
cnjmorris

This sucks in my opinion.

Iraq has made its feelings on the US known, as well as its support of those who have acted against the US.

How many years has he now had to hide whatever he wants? Not to mention - do you really think "without condition" means without condition? I will believe it when I see it.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:35 PM   #4
Zolmaz Zo Boto

Default ..

Saddam gains status with his people over this.

By doing this he can have certain sanctions lifted and
through that, Feed his people back to health and make them
Temporally happy with his leadership. Gaining more control
over his Army and citizens. Can you say, Surrender to the Media ?

I know something is brewing with this major change and
can only guess what is going to happen.

Has anyone here ever read the Chinese book, Art of War ?

Bush still wants Saddams ass on the spit. Lets see in the
coming weeks how this plays..

I am betting there will be a Major attack on Isreal where
hundreds will die, If not in the 1k area, and I only say
that because of the way the Palestinians and Iraq has
been backing off. Mostly the Palestinians though.

There must be something brewing.

Zolmaz.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
ruler2

Default hmmm

Sounds like Monday night wrestling no?

Ruler - Retired
Old 09-16-2002, 04:19 PM   #6
Purifyre

Default re:

This concession by Iraq to allow unconditional inspections is nothing more than the same delaying tactics they have been using for the last 12 years - They may have agreed to admit inspectors but expect them to take months haggling over the membership of the teams, and take months if not years longer to decide when the inspectors actually get in-country. Don't forget that since Iraq has agreed to comply with the UN resolution ( as they have done repeatedly over the years before backing out at the last second ), the U.S and the U.N also have to abide by the regulations. This means that any appeals launched by Iraq thru the U.N have to be respected and followed to the letter, making the "unconditional" aspect moot. The Mossad needs to send in one of its kidon teams to take out Saddam for the best result to this whole mess. Of course getting rid of Saddam only means his son Uday will succeed him and he is even worse that his father...
Old 09-16-2002, 07:47 PM   #7
tylurderden

Default Re: re:

Ok, lets just say that Sadam or someone could read the handwriting on the wall.

Anyone remember about when the Gulf War started? Winter-ish US time. The reason is that our equipment is expensive and this is the time of year that would have the least where and tear. Same thing for the troups, the climate is less harsh and fewer sandstorms, other hazaards that may cause casualties.

Anyways, there are lots of reasons to start the war this time of the year, yadda, yadda. You'll notice that Bush was beginning a for ro against push that would result in the climactic launch of an attack around the same time as the Gulf War.

Trust me when I say that there has to be someone in Sadam's confidence who could figure this out and look at the easy to get intelligence reports and not think.. if we don't try something we are F'd.

So yes, they hurry up and try and hide and delay and say come on over.. now lets figure who is coming.. ok... now when... ok.. now who.. ok when.. your here.. just give me a sec to tidy up... come on in.. wait.. except you... hold on... ok come in now.. see isn't this nice.. well nice visit.. what.. no you can't go back there, that is my personal presidential space.. the tool shed out back giving of tons of rems... um.. presidential palace also.. well nice giving you guys the tour you have to leave now.

The story isn't done with, far from it.
/sigh
Mugsie

Old 09-17-2002, 01:47 AM   #8
flapflapflap

Default Re: re:

This is exactly what iraq did 12 years ago. Period.

If you notice the wording of the letter, it does not provide for total-open inspections without sanctions. There will be stipulations from Iraq (ie, no american inspectors... cant inspect palaces)when this all comes out, and Bush will do what his daddy didnt.

There WILL be a war, and it is NOT avoidable at this point.

Old 09-17-2002, 06:22 PM   #9
Azraelwrath

I'd have to admit that it is kinda fishy. After him being so anti weapons inspectors, he decides to let them in all of a sudden with no conditions? Somethings probably up his sleeve. I agree with most people on that.