Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2002, 12:39 PM   #1
BiggerbubbaBB

Default Who's will play EQ2 over EQ1? What are YOU willing to pay?

Looks like SOE wants to just let EQ1 die out after they release EQ2 and SWG. So these questions pop up in my mind...

Are you going to quit if the customer service in EQ1 diminishes to absolutely NOTHING?
(yes it's already bad but this is none whatsoever)

Do you plan on buying EQ2? and if so how much are you willing to pay?

IMO, If EQ is discontinued and EQ2 doesn't cost any more than $15 dollars a month I will probably keep playing. But I am going to play the original till the last second before discontinued permanently.

Stole this link from another post, check it out. pub95.ezboard.com/fbattle...=207.topic
Old 09-18-2002, 12:43 PM   #2
Ghie

Default Re: Who's will play EQ2 over EQ1? What are YOU willing to pa

I'll play the best game out there for me and my wife. If it happens to be EQ2, i'll play that.

Monthly fee is pretty standard no matter what game you play. It will probably be the same for AO2 as EQ2 as SWG as WoW.

Right now EQ is still the best for us, as long as it is, we will play it.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:02 PM   #3
Martigan

I may try EQ2, but probably not. I am looking a bit forward to EQOA.

I won't be playing SWG.

I don't think EQ1 will go away. If Sony decides they don't want it anymore, I'm sure someone would buy up the entire set. Also, if the player base diminishes to a certain point, I think they may consolidate servers. Example: If Brells and EMarr diminished to about 1000 players average peak...They could consolidate...though it would be a huge headache in regards to name changes and such.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:31 PM   #4
Langree

I will try SWG, before EQ2, I will most likely keep my EQ account active for 3 months after I start SWG and decide at the end of the 3 months which i will keep.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:25 PM   #5
Greell the druid

Default heh

for me--if it gets so bad and all my friends leave, i'll just quit and stop playing these online games... i don't want EQ2 or any others because i don't want to start that vicious cycle of losing my experiences in life because i'm to busy leveling in a video game---

i'd just have more time to write music and play guitar...and talk to friends and meet people...and live.

~Greell~
Old 09-18-2002, 05:40 PM   #6
Mr Bodie

There won't be an eq2. Yer playing it. If you compare Pre-Kunark EQ to post-Luclin EQ, they have already proven that they can upgrade the game in every aspect without ..ahem...seriously hampering game play.

What would they add to the game that would make it "Everquest 2" that they haven't already shown they could upgrade without releasing a whole new game?

Add that to the fact that EQ2 and SWG are a million years from being released, and I think everyone needs to stop getting their panties in a bunch and go kill some mobs.

Old 09-18-2002, 07:01 PM   #7
Zolmaz Zo Boto

Default ...just a thought

I am unsure about EQ2 with over 3 years played in EQ1.

Personally I would love to find a wife that Plays EQ and
will have sex on demand.. Said wife must enjoy Good
cooking though.. DQ and McD just dont cut it. I worked
my ass off learning how cook like a Chef !!

How many people do you know can Whip up an
AWESOME chinese dinner in 30-min flat ? Aye.

Oh um.. And About EQ2 well, I don't like the breaking and
wearing out of weapons and armor. I personally will not
buy the game..

Oh', And another thought, Gameplay.. How soon will
people grow old of the concept.. Really !!!

I say make a Mob type Game.. New and well, NEW !
Who better to call a Mob then a Mobster ??

Al Pachino Style !! Now that would freeking OWN..
Allthough it is wishfull thinking.

Zolmaz.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:22 PM   #8
Lulen The Bard

Default Re: ...just a thought

This killing EQ by not providing customer service is far fetched at best. Do they have problems with customer service? Yes. Does that mean they are doing it to kill EQ? Highly unlikely. First of all, you don't kill off something that brings in profits. Second, if you leave this game because of bad service, are you really going to play another SOE game? If they force people out of EQ they are going to be pissing off their current and potentialy future customers.

Everquest is actualy a very flexible game, and with server contractions they could eaisly keep this game going with as few as 30 or 40k customers if not less(based upon the fact they had only planed on sellling about that many copies in the first place.) Now if their customer base does get that low they will probaly stop investing as much as they do in expansions, but that doesn't mean people can't keep playing the game. The fact is that a large part of the game base has never seen the truly high end content(currently VT,) and with one more expansion on the way there is plenty left to do in the game to keep people intrested.

I don't really plan on playing EQ2. I might check it out to see whats it's like, but my heart is set upon SWG(another SOE game.) I'll probaly be keeping my EQ account as long as I still have friends playing the game. I'm one of those people that still has lots of high level content to still go through so there is plenty for me still to do in this game.

Lulen
Old 09-18-2002, 09:38 PM   #9
Bizzo

Default Re: ...just a thought

Who plays this game because it has phat customer service? Sony knows that pissed off addicts are still addicts. Something goes wrong and they'll piss&moan on their server board, act like a harda$$ (blah blah blah i'm done wasting my time on a game, live my life and i have friends and i drink and i work out etc) and proclaim to quit just to come back 4 days later. Woopdeedoo, Sony's out $13...probably not enough to cover one hour's worth of one day of ONE customer service rep's pay.

As long as they have data entry clerks to enter new weapon/armor stats, people will play. They could lose tens of thousands and still make money by getting rid of CS.

Old 09-18-2002, 10:28 PM   #10
Elnots Sadnes

I have read all the threads reguarding the CS disapearence.

It's startling, and has yet to make itself fully aware to me.

If I see more and more evidence that supports what they say, then I'm not going to play anything remotely related to EQ, but for LucasArts and StarWars I will try SWG, because I love the Star Wars universe.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:16 AM   #11
Zarney Emarr

Default hm ?

ill more than likely be playing eq till it dies and we will see where it goes from therre