Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2003, 03:41 AM   #1
Davek
Squawk Box

Default patch message for Jan 9th, 2003

January 9, 2003 3:00 am
------------------------------
** Demise of the Classic/Velious Interface **

Over the last six months we have been keeping the Classic EverQuest interface as well as the Velious interface working through all of the features that we have added (built-in MP3 player, item links, compass, enhanced /bug reporting tool, and others). However, with the release of some of the new features in this patch, such as running EQ in a window, we must now say goodbye to the older interfaces. They have been disabled as of today.

They served us well.

** EQ in a Window **

EverQuest can now be run in a window. To place EverQuest in a window, simply press Alt-Enter. You can also switch out of EverQuest to another program by using the familiar Alt-Tab. It is important that you do not do this until you are in-game, do not do this during the login process.

It is important to note a few things. Running the game in a window may reduce game performance a bit. And, as always, the more programs you have running at the same time the more resources they use.

At this time, due to some changes that need to be made on the front end, it is not possible to run two instances of EverQuest. We will be working to make the necessary changes over the next few weeks.

** Songs Window **

We have added a new window to the interface along with new game functionality. The Songs window is a new buff window that holds up to 6 bard song buffs. This increases the potential maximum effects that a character can have to 21 (15 standard and the 6 new ones). The new window only holds certain bard songs (generally the 3-tick songs). Only beneficial songs will qualify for the new buff box, and not all of those. Any buff in the new Songs window is considered temporary and will not be saved when you zone.

Songs that qualify to go into the new window will go into that window first. Any qualifying songs over six will be rerouted to the main Effects window. Cancel Magic effects will see these new buff slots as buff slots #16-21.

Note for User Interface skin creators: The Label EQTypes 80-85 are the Songs window song names.

- Some magical effects on Planar class armor have been altered. In most cases the effects were upgraded, but a few items were given weaker effects that were more in line with the difficulty of obtaining them.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a few Planes of Power NPCs to take too long to respawn.
- Wu's Attack should now work correctly.
- Incoming damage now interacts with Wrath of the Wild and other rune-type spells in their proper order.
- Pact of Shadow and Shadow Compact will once again heal player characters.
- Charmed Pets will no longer remain charmed after the owner dies.
- Sending special characters (such as < and ") via EQIM will no longer freeze the game.
- Hitting Autoattack when in explore mode at Character Select will no longer cause the game to crash.
- The Loadskin window will now load skins other than the default properly.
- Fixed and issue that caused some NPC's text to be cut short.
- Fixed (but did not rename) the Broken Golem. He should no longer be hated in Fear, just feared...
-Lowered the duration of calm-type spells that effect creatures level 50 and over.

** User Interface File Changes **

ShortDurationBuffwnd.xml - NEW
EQUI.xml
BugReportwnd.xml
Lootwnd.xml
Selectorwnd.xml
PetInfownd.xml
Window_ Pieces04.tga

December 19, 2002 3:00 am
------------------------------

** Zones **

- Spectral Parchments, Ethereal Parchments, and Glyphed Rune word drops have been increased significantly in the third tier Planes of Power zones.
- The trials within the Halls of Honor have been changed slightly. Please proceed with caution.
- Several Planes of Power NPCs are no longer angered quite as badly when they notice a healing spell being cast on a player they are angry with.
- Made improvements to the Planes of Power quest armors.
- Assorted quest, item, and dialogue fixes.

** Planes of Power Zone Progression **

As most know, progressing through Planes of Power zones requires that certain tasks be performed. In many cases, one of the tasks required involves being on a raid that defeats a particularly powerful foe.

One side effect of this progress is that if the tasks were not accomplished in a particular order, a person on a raid may not gain the flag for completing the event, as they did not complete the prerequisite tasks.

The majority of "zone boss" style encounters in the first three tiers of Planes of Power zones have been changed to alleviate this problem of completing tasks out of order.

As of today, if you defeat one of these foes and do not have all of the prerequisites completed to receive the flag at the end of the event, you will be able to go back and complete the tasks that you have not yet performed.

Once you've done that, you may speak with the Seer in the Plane of Knowledge who will make sure that you are then able to progress as if you had performed the tasks in their proper order.

- The EverQuest Team

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:56 AM   #2
Dunwut DaMojoOgre

Lucy's also reflects several new spells going live.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:08 AM   #3
kalrie
Priestess of Pie

Send a message via AIM to kalrie Send a message via Yahoo to kalrie
Temperance - CLR 44 - mini aego?
Slot Description
1: Stacking1 v2 203: Max Hitpoints(1100)
2: Increase Max Hitpoints by 800
3: Increase HP when cast by 800
4: Increase AC by 48
5: Stacking2 v2 203: Max Hitpoints(1100)

Max Resolution +naltron + armor of faith used to be 40 ac/775 hp I think

They also added a clr/dru/shm cure poison/disease combo

and

01-09 11:57 Aria of Innocence BRD/52 New
01-09 11:57 Aria of Asceticism BRD/45 New
01-09 11:57 Ethereal Cleansing PAL/44 New
01-09 11:57 Light of Life PAL/52 New
01-09 11:57 Comatose SHD/52 NEC/52 New
01-09 11:57 Blood of Pain SHD/44 New
01-09 11:57 Swarm of Pain RNG/44 New
01-09 11:57 Icewind RNG/52 New
01-09 11:57 Malaria BST/44 New
01-09 11:57 Bond of the Wild BST/44 New
01-09 11:57 Bond of the Wild R. None New
01-09 11:57 Temperance CLR/44 New
01-09 11:57 Pure Blood CLR/51 DRU/52 SHM/52 New
Yay Lucy!
heads we win, tails we try again
kalrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:05 AM   #4
gonades

Send a message via AIM to gonades
Comatose , a new FD .....recast time of 8 seconds.......niiiiiiiiiice
Old 01-09-2003, 07:07 AM   #5
Behomara

Send a message via Yahoo to Behomara
About time they fixed the broken Broken Golem

--Currently playing WoW--
Behomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:47 AM   #6
Kogur
Phatty!

Originally posted by gonades
Comatose , a new FD .....recast time of 8 seconds.......niiiiiiiiiice
Looks as though this might be a possible no fail FD spell?? otherwise 8 seconds recast EVERY time you fail you die.
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:21 AM   #7
Kemora

Send a message via AIM to Kemora
Glad I sold my BE legs :P

Lull changes seem kinda lame, dunno... 42 seconds is a big reduction from 7 minutes :P

AIM: Kemorakementari
Kemora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:25 AM   #8
Reddoak

From Lucy...
01-09 11:57 Stoicism SHM/44 New
- Increase Hitpoints v2 by 160 per tick
- Decrease Movement by 100%
- Decrease Attack Speed by 30%

Mana: 180
Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 6
Recast Time: 0
Fizzle Time: 2.5
Range: 100
Time of Day: Any
Vendor Sold: No
Interruptable: Yes
Short Buff Box: No
Target Type: Single
Spell Type: Beneficial
Source: Live 01/09

Duration: 4 ticks
Mini-Torpor? :eek:

WoW:
-----------------
Nanaki
60 Tauren Shaman
<For Sale By Owner>
Skywall Server
Reddoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #9
Shadon

Unhappy Possible problems with patch

Anyone else apprehensive about the new bard window? What about raids that take on dispelling mobs... bard songs were great for slots 1-4 when crap buffs go... that way mob dispells bard song and song restarts etc. Now with em 16-21 they'll practically never get dispelled and good buffs will go first!

And the reduction of lull type spells is crap... at least they didn't touch harmony (as far as I know).

EQ in a window... great give me something I've had for the past year... oh wait did I admit using EQW??? Well according to EQUA it's legit now so just try and ban me :P

I must say tho... go wizards! Epic is back in effect
Shadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:28 AM   #10
Kogur
Phatty!

Default Re: Possible problems with patch

Originally posted by Shadon
Anyone else apprehensive about the new bard window? What about raids that take on dispelling mobs... bard songs were great for slots 1-4 when crap buffs go... that way mob dispells bard song and song restarts etc. Now with em 16-21 they'll practically never get dispelled and good buffs will go first!

And the reduction of lull type spells is crap... at least they didn't touch harmony (as far as I know).

EQ in a window... great give me something I've had for the past year... oh wait did I admit using EQW??? Well according to EQUA it's legit now so just try and ban me :P

I must say tho... go wizards! Epic is back in effect
You been hiding under a rock? NEVER rely on bard songs to fill in your dispelled buff slots...insta-clickers.

Sorry if I might sound a bit harsh, it's just that insta-clickers have been preached about for at least 2 years...there's a lot of em and relatively cheap, then YOU control what buffs get dispelled. =)
Old 01-09-2003, 11:54 AM   #11
Behomara

Send a message via Yahoo to Behomara
Default /mourn bards

Anyone else afraid of what will happen to bards directly after this patch? with the new buff window changes, it wouldn't surprise me if bards got screwed AGAIN by their songs not workin right :eek: .

Only time will tell, i guess .

--Currently playing WoW--
Behomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:01 PM   #12
Shadon

Thanks for the vote of confidence Kogur... I've got at least two clickies per char... just a pain in the ass. Bard songs are so much easier. At least epic can take top slot (both clicky and bard song and it would be retarded if that wound up in bard window). Gobbie ear doesn't stack with epic and bracer o hidden has to be equipped how gay, Jboots only work outdoors... ok I know i'm missing several goodies but not all work on monks

And you're right can't rely on bards.. sometimes they don't even show up to raids.. but that's a guild issue

And yeah I'll wager at least a few bard songs got fooked in patch.

Last edited by Shadon; 01-09-2003 at 12:07 PM.
Shadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 01:46 PM   #13
Kogur
Phatty!

LoL wasn't meaning to be harsh really...was just suprised, cuz it seemed like you relied on bards to fill in those spots, good to know ya don't.

Yea, ANY TIME they screw with bards no matter how small the changes, they screw up something...usually a stacking issue of some kind or some songs just don't work at all. I wouldn't expect any different this time, especially considering how major the change is. =)
Old 01-09-2003, 02:32 PM   #14
Festivus

You been hiding under a rock? NEVER rely on bard songs to fill in your dispelled buff slots...insta-clickers.
... unless you are the bard yourself of course. I usually buff with stuff and then fill the slots with twisted songs after dispells.

I haven't logged on yet, but I am taking bets bards are broken somehow.

no images!
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #15
Submina Dominatri

anyone found mini-aego or mini-torpor for sale yet?

if so, where?
Submina Dominatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:15 PM   #16
darue_ivywood

SweeT..A Druid Res! About TIME!

darue_ivywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #17
Nollid
Supporter

SweeT..A Druid Res! About TIME!
Hunh? Which spell is that?
Nollid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:03 PM   #18
Cokoanutt Munkey

Lull nerf...sucks

Bombastic bellow bard aa nerf...FUCK YOU VERANT! at least give us the aa points back you motherfucking assmunchers FUCK F UCK FUCK!
Cokoanutt Munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:00 PM   #19
Dragoonslair

LoL why they nerfed the lull line I'll never know?

As a pally I loved to use it for single pulls etc. And found that very few pallys/clerics use this? could be wrong here mabey they know and just never pull or somehting who knows?

O well guess it will still serve a short term purpose but it sucks me of mana already! now I'll have to cast twice as often to prevent a train!

Dragoonslair 54th Pally
Proud Officer of The Raenore
Dragoonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:11 AM   #20
Andredien

Cokoanutt - where did it say that they nerfed Bombastic Bellow AA? Or is this yet another of Verant's "Hey let's nerf the Bards and see if they notice" tricks like they do after just about every --ing patch?

Anyone notice that if you sing something like Elemental, and twist it with Verses of Victory and Ervaj, you never get all 3 icons up anymore? Or is that on purpose?

Haven't had a chance to really play since the patch, but I'm dreading to find out what else they fucked up with the Bards this time...

/sighs

"Nobody notices what I do - until I stop doing it." -- Ancient Bard Motto
Andredien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:00 AM   #21
Davek
Squawk Box

Woah, what's to really bitch about the Lull line? All I see is:

-Lowered the duration of calm-type spells that effect creatures level 50 and over.
That's not a reduction in effectiveness...just how long it lasts.

They actually boosted the chances of the Lull lines of sticking when they nerfed the Druid/Ranger Harmony line. For this I am happy since now I have another use to a group as a Cleric.

I don't think I've had my Pacify resisted yet since that change, whereas before it had a high chance to get resisted and have the MOBS swarm me.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:40 AM   #22
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Originally posted by Dragoonslair
LoL why they nerfed the lull line I'll never know?

As a pally I loved to use it for single pulls etc. And found that very few pallys/clerics use this? could be wrong here mabey they know and just never pull or somehting who knows?

O well guess it will still serve a short term purpose but it sucks me of mana already! now I'll have to cast twice as often to prevent a train!

Dragoonslair 54th Pally
Proud Officer of The Raenore
The apparent reason they nerfed it was people using it to pass entire content to get to a boss mob, for instance. Instead of being used for single type pulls, people were lulling all the way down to say Emp in Seb.

Or so I've been given to understand.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 07:27 AM   #23
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
yep, one of the PoP trials was completely bypassed (not sure which one.. all I remember was watching him run by a bunch of pairs of golems/statues as a paladin lulled them all so he could turn something in to the guy at the end of the hallway..) by a friend of mine while I was watching him play.. the line was a bit TOO useful sometimes

Steelslinger - 51 Dark Elf Mage - Emarr
Gurglespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 07:56 AM   #24
Frekkels

Default Re: Lull nerf

I believe you are talking about the flag received from Mauvin in the Plane of Justice.

I was pre-flagged in just that manner with a Paladin while we were camping part of Death Row. No way the two of us could have cleared all the mobs in our way in time before repops.
I was a bit nervous running back through a dozen of those guys after talking to Mauvin, but the (pre-patch) Paladin pacify spell worked perfectly...maybe too perfectly and was one reason for the change.

Now it will take at least one (or two?) groups to clear to Mauvin to get the pre-flag. Death Row is a popular camp, so it might not be too bad to get to him still during peak hours.

The upside now is that you don't HAVE to have the pre-flags before trying to attempt a trial anymore it seems. So if you luck into a killer Executioner trial group (as an example), you don't have to worry about not having made the little detour to Mauvin beforehand anymore.

Take care,
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #25
Festivus

This is what Coaconutt is referring to FYI:

http://pub147.ezboard.com/ftheconcer...ID=16246.topic

Basically, aa bellow now has way to short of a range and line of sight requirements, making it pretty much useless.

no images!
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote