Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2003, 05:16 PM   #1
Medion Palemoon
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Medion Palemoon
Default Question regarding Vindi Drops...who gets?

Our guild is debating this now, as it is something we are looking into doing at some point in the coming months (we hope).

Boots of the Vindicator
NODROP
AC: +30 Str: +5 Sta: +5 Wis: +5 Int: +5 Disease Resist: +13 HP: +50
Weight: 15.0
Classes: Shaman Cleric Paladin Shadowknight Bard Warrior

Chestplate of Vindication
NODROP
AC: +45 Sta: +15 Magic Resist: +15 Fire Resist: +15 Cold Resist: +15 Poison Resist: +15 Disease Resist: +15 HP: +100
Weight: 25.0
Classes: Shaman Cleric Paladin Shadowknight Bard Warrior
Effect: Aura of Battle (Increase Hitpoints by 2 per tick, Increase ATK by 10)

Ok, if your guild is just getting to this point, who do you fefault/random these to? All classes listed? Meles first? Shaman first?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Medion Palemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 05:22 PM   #2
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I still say they should either kick the Shaman tag off those Vindicator items, or add Rogue and Ranger to them. Durn plate wearing chain class that Shamans are.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 05:25 PM   #3
Medion Palemoon
Supporter

Jealousy aside, these items are useable for Shamans, and would be damn good for them (as in any class listed for them).
Old 01-06-2003, 05:36 PM   #4
Tormarc

depends on what gear your people have, and how your guild awards loot. the gear is great for most/all that can use it.

in my old guild vindi bp was going to go to shaman first and did when we finally killed vindi.

in my current guild we use a point system and you earn your gear that way. i would say if your guilds regular MA (if you have one who is mostly your ma all the time) doesnt have a BP with compareable hp on it, would be a good idea to give it to him/her to up their hp.

i was after a bard and a shaman but only recently did one go to a warrior. he needs to drop some boots and stop dropping that damn earring.

on the plus side the BP is his common drop.

good luck.
Tormarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:09 PM   #5
Kogur
Phatty!

Theres hardly ANY BP's out there as good as Vindi for Shamans.

That said, if your MA's aren't getting the HP of Vindi BP from anywhere...MA first, can't kill bigger shit if yer tank dies too fast or yer clerics run OOM because they have to heal on too quick of a rotation. =)
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:21 PM   #6
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
It should goto all classes listed, but try and put them on people that rank in your priority range. ie, tank low hp = bp.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:30 PM   #7
Tuan00Dorf

It's good for everyone. Point systems own.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:42 PM   #8
Medion Palemoon
Supporter

Aye Tuan, I agree on point systems. But my guild is tough to accept change.

We typiclal have to have a BIG mistake happen to get a point across (IE, hindsight is 20/20). It's the best way that we, as a guild, mature and grow together. I suppose I wouldn't have it any other way, becuase this is the finest bunch of people I've been with since my Sylvan Guard days.

With all things condiered, since we are not moving to a points system yet, I'd say melee and shaman would get a crack at it. I'm not sure on clerics for the BP, but possibly the boots.

Either way, I appreciate all the input you guys gave.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:27 PM   #9
Parum

We typiclal have to have a BIG mistake happen to get a point across
Oh shit Lord Yelinak GFlux's? Fukin'a, is anyone NOT in the water?

or

Oh shit falling of this KILLS you? AND no coth or corpse summon? AND the mobs push you off the edge?

Parum
Parum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:31 PM   #10
Kemora

Send a message via AIM to Kemora
Oh n/m. Too tired to form a coherent thought.

AIM: Kemorakementari

Last edited by Kemora; 01-06-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Kemora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:58 PM   #11
Abrucx

Point systems are teh sux.

I would say equip your tanks first, as they will be tanking and having tanks with more hps and atk = good. Then give to shaman, since it is a nice shaman bp, then to the rest of the classes. Boots are same deal, cept shaman don't need second dibs on em.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:59 PM   #12
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I remember being in a couple guilds who started to raid a bunch. Loot became complicated and blame of loot whoring went around. So the some of the officers tried suggesting moving into a point based system. But what held us back were all the whiney people who were like "But so and so plays all day and all night, and I don't have near that much play time! If we do a point system that just won't be fair with my play time, and we should all deserve an equal chance at a random if we want an item with /random!!" and also people who were like "Fine, screw you guys! I put so much time and work into helping this guild, I've raided every time there's a raid, and I've gotten nothing at all from any raids! So and so over there has gotten ten new things over the last week. Boo hoo!" and also "Well you defaulted all of the first gear that dropped onto so and so's warrior. So I think its fair that I just ninja loot all of the next batch of equipment for myself since I put more effort into the guild than HE does." Then I moved into a guild that already had a point based system set up, and now I'm happy. O.o

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.

Last edited by Zelgadis; 01-06-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 04:51 AM   #13
Islington

If you're just starting out on Vindi, get your reliable Warriors into a Vindi BP first (you know? The ones who are at 90% of your raids). It's a great BP for them and will allow you to repeat that Vindi kill a lot easier in the future. After your primary warriors have one it gets a bit trickier.

It's one of the better Shaman BPs out there but it's also one of the best Paladin / Shadow Knight BPs. If you're using a Points system, I'd say let the points decide after getting a Warrior or two into the BP. If you're using officer decision on granting loot, I honestly can't say who should be next.

As far as Clerics go, I know that some used to like the BP back when the WIS was capped at 200 and 255. Personally though, I never did care for it since there is 0 WIS and 0 Mana on it.

One of the more common things to do is say that whoever gets a Vindi BP is no longer eligible for a TOV BP and vice versa. Warriors, Shaman and the Hybrids will, most likely, still go for the Vindi BP but the TOV BPs for Clerics are hard to beat. As a Cleric, I would hold out for a TOV BP and let the other classes have the Vindi BPs.

As far as Bards go? /shrug. I assume that this is a good BP for them due to the regen and Hitpoints. I just don't know how they prioritize their gear.
Islington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 06:18 AM   #14
Kerryn

Vindi BP is still widely accepted as the best Paladin BP that exists though Medion.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote