Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2002, 04:41 PM   #1
Jexielia

Default Passwords resetting?

I, personally, change my passwords quite often... but has anyone else had it where you change it successfully and log on/out several times then have it reset to some past/previous password?

Had changed my PW a few days ago and used my new password this weekend to log on 3-4 times total I think... when I tried to log on tonight it was reset to the last password I had used, and after about a 20 minute panic attack I tried old ones and it worked.

Not that "I" would ever do such a thing... but if you give your password to someone to use your account temporarily and then change it after they are done... be a little bit more cautious just in case there's some bug or something.

EDIT: It was reset by someone successfully accessing my account with an older password... so it wasnt just randomly set back to an old one, just still kinda freaky, imho :P
Old 09-22-2002, 11:52 PM   #2
Mr Bodie

Default Well...

Everquest Caster's Realm news is your friend. Read it often. They posted this a few days ago. Might well be the source of your problem:

This Saturday morning, September 21, Station.com will come down for maintenance and updates at 12AM PST. During this time our free games will not be accessible; however, Station Pass games (Tanarus, Infantry, Cosmic Rift) and EverQuest will still be playable through their dedicated launchers. We should be back online Sunday afternoon.
In preparation, we will be backing up our member data late Thursday night. Any changes to your member information made on Friday (September 20), such as email address or password changes will not be saved. Please wait to make these changes until Sunday afternoon when we are back online.

This means that no password changes, billing changes etc made to your station account (which you use to login to EverQuest) will work from Friday until Sunday afternoon.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:35 AM   #3
Jexielia

Default Re: Well...

Either way, it still was just something I figured i'd point out if anyone else had a problem and didnt know what was going on... or whatever.

Still seems kinda whacky that wed/thur/fri/sat the new password was fine and that on sunday it was changed back. Either way I figured out the problem for me... god knows Im not the only one who doesnt religiously check casters realm for updates and such.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:38 AM   #4
Ice Weasel X

Default Tanarus?

Wow, that old tank game is still alive?  I remember my old buddies in SubSpace were trying that out and saying it was a lot of fun.  I never bothered.

I still miss that horribly marketed 32-bit Asteroids knockoff, though.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:21 AM   #5
Aackie

Default Re: Tanarus?

I went LD zoning and could not get back on when my password reset. Shocking to say the least. No one had my info. Thank you Verant.