Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2002, 10:34 AM   #1
Kamakasi Battlemaster

Default HDTV and your Cable Provider

Im looking to take advantage of my TV's HD and was wondering if anyone else has this set up and what kind of luck you were having. I currently have Cable through a local company and do not have any complaints from there service, but they do not, and my not offer a HDTV signal for well over a year.

I am thinking about Satellite TV like Dish Network. Are there alot of good channels that broadcast in HD? I know Discovery does now and maybe some of the movie channels.

Any info would be great,

Thanks =D

Kama
:rollin:
Old 09-24-2002, 11:30 AM   #2
bralan blacke

DIshnet has 3 or 4 channels. Discovory, an HBO, a Showtime and maybe Cinemax. Right now the benefits of an HDTV 16:9 aspect ratio TV is on DVD. It will be a few years before you will enjoy it to it's fullest extent. I think the year is between 2005 and 2007 when everything is supposed to be switched to an HD stream. In that time they will slowly all get changed.

A Dishnet Reciever is right at 400 bucks I think. Gotta decide whether or not it's worth it to you now for so few channels. My advice would be to wait a year or so to see what happens. THey may scrap the current reciever for a newer, better one. unless of course you have the cash to spend now and then again maybe in a year or two. Either way I have a 65" HDTV 16:9 TV and love it for what it makes DVDs look like alone. I will be waiting for more programming myself before I buy a HD reciever.

B
Old 09-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #3
Rekcim

There are very few HD channels right now. Satellite offers just a few channels(look awesome), but still can't get monday night football etc. in HD yet. I would say to wait for a year and go for it, unless you have some extra cash and want a new toy. It really shows off your HD tv, but you need to make sure you adjust your T.V.. I see so many people with factory settings lol. Buy a good adjustment DVD like video essentials and adjust your t.v. right, its night and day. Some t.v.s you need to adjust EACH input(svhs, component etc) seperatly.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:52 PM   #4
MirwenMelore

I know that Discovery HD is a pretty good channel and has very few commercial interruptions. There's usually about 20+ mins between every block of commercials. If you are into Discovery type shows, you'll enjoy it. My RL job has me working on that channel a LOT, so I am very intimate with the programming. hehe The picture quality is fantastic!

Mirwen