Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2002, 04:34 AM   #1
Dauragon CMikado

Default PS2 Tech Help~! *Screech*

OMG OMG OMG I CANT PLAY MY KINGDOM HEARTS (granted that might be the problem right there) but on a serious note...

PS2 for me has been acting kinda crazy lately.. It wont read discs... It may be still under warranty but besides that.. anyone else know a solution to this problem? It wont, for the life of me.. read a game..

"Disc Read Error" is the phrase that will be on my tombstone.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:31 AM   #2
Suicidal Slayne

Sounds like the lens reader is dirty. Try a basic cd/dvd cleaning kit, then call up sony if it doesnt work.

From what I understand there havent been any compatibility issues with KH(mine works fine) and I havent heard of any either.

Though if its having problems reading the disk, either the lens reader was jolted out of the incorrect position or its dirty.

~Slayne
Old 09-24-2002, 09:09 AM   #3
Baidieneriy Chizad

Default TEACH YOU!

Teach you to leave me here in school and sit at home fiddling with PS2!

So all I have to say is "MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA"

End Transmission.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:14 AM   #4
Elnots Sadnes

Default Re: TEACH YOU!

What age group is that Disney game aimed at?

I saw the cover of the game for a minute, and saw a screen shot or two, what type of disney game is it really?
Old 09-24-2002, 10:44 AM   #5
Suicidal Slayne

Default Re: TEACH YOU!

13+

It has some cute moments and reprises the roles of a large many Disney characters, however it changes their stories.

While the interaction with one another is similar, no longer does Aladdin use his wishes too become a prince, Alice playin that...stick game, with the queen. Things were changed, while the characters themselves are the same.

The only real annoying thing about it is the camera. Its a PoS. Just plain and simple. It is hands down the worst camera system I have ever experienced in an RPG. It simply does whatever it wants. While there are ways to tweak it too be handled a bit easier, it will time and again fail too support you. Your find yourself jumping onto a ledge 3-4 times sometimes due too the camera suddenly shifting views, thus causing your course to shift with it.

I'm not anti Disney like some. They have good movies, they have bad. They have some I know are good, but just cant really stand watchin more then once. However I'm enjoying this quite a bit. I like seeing the FF cameo's and the voices given too them, though wakka's just plain sucks(he's a kid now...so a new VA for him). Most of the voices were choosen rather well, some being the original VA for that toon, ala Jack Skeleton or Jafar.

I think you should rent it first. It has the combat system similar too say, Threads of Fate, where the monsters pop up, you kill, move on. You dont see them until they pop up on ya, though you dont have to stay around to fight. The stats/xp system is basic and decent. You dont gain a bazillion hps anymore, simply isnt necessary in this game, though the bosses still get up there. Think Sora(main guy) has like 48 hps for me right now, Sephiroth(special boss) has 1800. Just to give you a perspective.

I've seen a large number of folks that have liked it, but its not for everyone. Rent it if you can, take it from there.

/rummages around for money too see if he can get his robotech and starfox games that came out today...

~Slayne
Old 09-24-2002, 11:54 AM   #6
Dauragon CMikado

Default Well

Got frustrated earlier so I popped in Devil May Cry.. had never played it before but had nothing else to do.. work perfectly fine.. just beat it... put Kingdom Hearts back in... woosh.. Disc Read Error..

what the hell =/
Old 09-24-2002, 12:17 PM   #7
Lurikeen MaliKyre

Default Re: Well

Bad Disk. You might try cleaning off the disk.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:47 PM   #8
Zarney Emarr

its a sign

jump out the window with your right hand in your ear and a light blue glove on your left hand, and maybe a peanut shell to cover your private's that will cure your problem
Old 09-24-2002, 08:51 PM   #9
Barrymore Yorke

There was apparently a bad batch of Kingdom Hearts made. I've had some returned to my store with the same error, Take it back to where you purchased it and swap it for another copy.