Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2002, 11:52 AM   #1
Kordail
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Kordail
Default Ac2

Eh, so anyone play/try/beta this?

Whats different from the first if you played it? Did they learn anything from EQ?

I liked AC for a while, but it just didn't have a high end game... there weren't really raids, and everything was pretty ghetto... so... has this changed?
Kordail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:12 PM   #2
TheClericBanton

Send a message via AIM to TheClericBanton Send a message via Yahoo to TheClericBanton
Default Re: Ac2

Originally posted by Kordail
Eh, so anyone play/try/beta this?

Whats different from the first if you played it? Did they learn anything from EQ?

I liked AC for a while, but it just didn't have a high end game... there weren't really raids, and everything was pretty ghetto... so... has this changed?
I was on the Beta, And you cant compare it to the First one AT ALL! This one is a work of art, from graphically to the progressing story. Yes the game will have an on going story, unlike EQ whos story is more of background rather then IN game.

Ihavent gotten to try the High End part of teh game due to only being in Beta but from what i was told theres not much at this point since not many have hit that mark yet, but there is still ALOT to uncover.

The learned ALOT from EQ, mainly on how to do quest system right and how to create a better community (first ones sucked).
[EGBT]|MaguS| - [EGBT]
Click Here for a FREE Ipod!
TheClericBanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:20 PM   #3
kanibaal
korpse

Default was in beta

game sucked badly. only thing I liked was being able to train in skills before going to the next level. when you got a kill you got exp points you could place in a Diablo type skill tree...one skill unlocks another skill(s). to make any skill more powerful you put more and more points into that same skill. also yo didnt have to goto a trainer to train, you just sat there after a kill and adjusted points.

Ac2 will be good for the casual gamer/soloer. if you are into co-op style games like EQ then you wont like it much. Like DAoC PvE is unrealistic, mobs dont act normal, AI is quirky, and classes lose value in a vast pot of skill tech tree BS.

first AC sucked, so does part two. just hold out for SWG then WoW.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:13 PM   #4
Felixican

Pooptacular~! Hrm, no NPCs.....rediculously bad AI........ its like playing..... shit.... its not like playing at all.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:03 AM   #5
Codsan
The Codfather

AC2 is a festering boil on the ass of the entire MMOG genre.
Codsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 07:16 PM   #6
Felixican

Tell us how ya really feel Cod...
I reserve the festering boil award for the release version of AO, so bad for soo long. I understand its better now tho.