Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #1
Gilgamel Avamar

Default Problems post patch.

Ok, I log on in Seru. Fight 2 minutes, lose connection. Repeat. My internet connection isn't disconnecting, and noone else in the zone is having the problem. Anyone else having a problem or have a suggestion?
Old 09-26-2002, 11:54 AM   #2
Ghie

Are you crashing to Desktop or lagging out to 'you have been disconnected'?
Old 09-26-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
Gilgamel Avamar

Default !

Lagging to disconnect.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:18 PM   #4
Kamakasi Battlemaster

Default ehhh

Im flat out crashing. EQ just freezez, have to CTRL ALT Delete to get out of it. I didn't change anything with my UI, I just use the default new one.

PLEASE HELP!!

Kama
Old 09-26-2002, 12:41 PM   #5
Laao

try /loadskin default. they changed some of the xml files your files my not work now.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:56 PM   #6
Snaz the Snaptail

Default Hmm

I'm locking up also, both comps and one is on default skins. I'll try the load deal tho.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:31 PM   #7
Kidin

Default Re: Hmm

Hail

Freezing on both my machines too.

Turned off particle effects altogether, still crashes.
No idea why.

The Bazaar is extremely bad.
I feedbacked it before giving up for a few hours.
Take care,
Old 09-26-2002, 07:41 PM   #8
Jethal Silverwing

Crashing to desktop with dbhelp errors while trying to type anything.. did the same thing after a patch last month.. they fixed it the next day.. i hope they're as fast this time.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:31 PM   #9
Razer

this will fix your problems...

as soon as you log in next time, type /filter badword off

There is a bug after todays patch that will lock up EQ on a machine that has the badword filter turned on when someone posts an item link.

We were fighting down to Trakanon today, and a warrior kept on going LD, and he didn't know why cause it hasn't happened to him before. Finally, after a crapload of time, someone mentioned something about the badword filter and item links. It then clicked in that I had heard someone mention it as well. Soon as he got on next he couldn't type it in fast enough and someone in guild chat linked and item and he went LD again.

Someone else in guild turned her badword filter on just to test, and as soon as I put an item link to guild chat she went LD too. I warned UP about it later, and someone said "Do it" so I posted a link and 2 or 3 people went LD :P

I did a bug report and petitioned it, and a guide said she was gonna do a bug report too. Maybe it'll be fixed in the patch that started a half hour ago.

Lots of people thought there was a huge bazaar bug cause they would go LD as soon as they zoned in, and I guess this was the problem.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:37 AM   #10
Gilgamel Avamar

Default !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My problem got fixed last night about 5 PM. Dunno how, it just stopped crashing on me.