Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
Abneo

Default Disconnects

I keep getting disconnected right after I choose a character. Anyone else having this problem?

Abneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:52 AM   #2
Miral Soul

Have you been using a new UI? I download the haven UI skin for my character then after some patch... they took down the skin and it would not let me play the character kept disconnecting me right when i tried to. So check your UI... just a suggestion
Miral Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:03 PM   #3
Sashia Soulslayer

Send a message via AIM to Sashia Soulslayer
Default this is arrgoth, not sashia

this is happening to me on my laptop as well. i cant figure out why this is happening, however it works when i connect through DLS but when i connect through 56k it doesnt. it does the problem your descirbing. if anyone knows how to fix this it would help alot.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:07 PM   #4
Abneo

Well last night I was able to get on and not get disconnected. What I found out was that I had a nasty virus. Some w32.opaserv.worm virus that spreads thru out a network. All 5 of the comps on my network were hit besides the one that runs XP pro. I went to norton.com and downloaded the removal tool for it . After I did that I installed System works on them all and rescanned everything. Once that was all done I got on EQ and didn't get disconnected. I am going to try it again tonight after work to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Just something you might want to look for. This virus usually only attakcs machines that are on a network and running Windows ME and below.

Abneo is offline   Reply With Quote