Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2002, 12:50 PM   #1
Elan Cendran

Send a message via MSN to Elan Cendran
Unhappy Lag trouble:

Ok, the last time I was in EQ, 3 days ago, I was in for like an hour and had no trouble whatsoever staying connected. I log in today in KC, ding 50 (yay me), then start going LD, I get booted, wait a few minutes, then come back in only to go LD again several minutes later.

I re-boot my computer, go back in, and manage to stay in for like 20 minutes before going LD again and again upon going back in right away. Now, I have a cable modem, provider is AT&T, am on a network at home with my brother and another person who are all EQ players. My bro was in today at the same time and had NO problems at all with lag today while I was going LD over and over.

My OS is Win98, modem is cable, and have not had this much trouble staying in game ever before. The other EQ player in the house has had similar problems with random bootings, and he has Win98 too. Might be that, but like I said I had no problems in EQ until today so something changed in the last 3 days to do this. Any ideas?
Elan Cendran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 01:24 PM   #2
Parum

If the LD is your screen locking up... it may be an incompatible video card. This happened to me when I installed a new one. I just took it out and plugged back into the origional one.
Parum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 01:43 PM   #3
Elan Cendran

Send a message via MSN to Elan Cendran
I've had my video card for a year now, got it last XMas. Nvidia GeForce 2 MX 400. Been a while since I got new drivers, about 3 or 4 months ago. I'll look for new ones again. I hope this is the problem and not a Win98 thing.

EDIT: Problem is gone, thanks for the suggestion Parum. It was the video card drivers.

Last edited by Elan Cendran; 12-14-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Elan Cendran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 08:24 PM   #4
Gonada

Send a message via ICQ to Gonada
/serverfilter is not fixed yet, and this is a saturday.

these are most likely your problems, but id also do a thorough file check , change datarate to 9 and set options to the simplest config that is within your memory allowances.
Gonada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
Qanadan
Supporter

I had that same problem recently Elan. Kept going LD every other minute after 6 months of not one LD
Qanadan is offline   Reply With Quote