Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2002, 07:50 PM   #1
Barrymore Yorke

Default EverQuest Online Adventures

This Beta is blowing my mind . . . it's the best thing I've played since original EQ was new. I feel like a true newbie and yet the world still has echoes of what's to come in a thousand years, so I don't feel like everything is completely strange to me. Two big thumbs up. The adventure is BACK!!!

Now . . . does anyone have links to maps for this thing yet? Considering the Desert of Ro is at least six "zones" big, I'm finding that maps would be a very good idea. . . .
Barrymore Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 10:53 PM   #2
Aamrie

I cant get mine to work damn it!!

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 09:42 AM   #3
Vidden
Banned User

The areas in this game are HUGE! And the world is very different also. No more runs from Freeport to Qeynos at level 1. hell I could barley do it at level 6. As for maps, I dont think anyone has any yet
Vidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 06:11 AM   #4
Barrymore Yorke

Well, considering you get from level 1 to level 2 by doing the very first thing your guildleader asks you to do, you don't really do much of ANYTHING at level 1 anymore.

You can get from Klik'Anon to Fayspires at level 2, though; easiest run in the game.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:56 AM   #5
Lodor

EQOA has very little character depth.

No tradeskills, no crowd control is planned (ie stun, mez, etc.), there are no direct heals (everything is a HoT), sow breaks on any kind of offensive act, no feign death, everything plays like a caster in a sense, and the game has very little strategy.

If you can stay interested in a super watered down mmorpg with a few eq themes to it than you may like eqoa, but for gamers that like depth and indavidualality to a point you will skip this game.

Oh yeah if it matters to anyone ive been in the beta since day 1 and have also leveled the highest in the beta so i know what im speaking about.
Lodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 03:34 PM   #6
Pankeleonn

Send a message via AIM to Pankeleonn
what are your names on eqoa... maybe we can get together and form a guild or just do stuff as a group so its easier and faster!

mine is ... Pankeleonn.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:05 PM   #7
Parum

hmmm... is EQOA for PC or for PS2 or what?
Parum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:45 PM   #8
Aamrie

PS2

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 06:04 AM   #9
Barrymore Yorke

Whaddya know, Lodor . . . those are some of the reasons I like EQOA.

I like the new simplicity. Screw character depth . . . as others have pointed out eloquently in other threads, EQ was never a "true" RPG anyway. Character depth comes out of how you PLAY YOUR CHARACTER.

No tradeskills . . . more time to actually PLAY AND EXPLORE. No crowd control . . . LESS ANGRY ENCHANTERS who have MORE TIME TO DO OTHER STUFF.

It all seems great to me.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:52 AM   #10
Lodor

Simplistic games get boring very fast for alot of people though.

And my p3 guys are Lodor, Diese, Longuro, Felen.

But nearly all my time ingame is doing tests for the devs now days.

EQOA is a fine game for beginners to the genre and i can see why verant decided to dumb it down since the ps2 has many limitations and due to being the first mmo on a console you kinda have to break people in since they are shooting for console players not pc players.
Lodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #11
Barrymore Yorke

Yeah, that no zone loading thing is a drawback.

I'll agree a lot of stuff has been simplified . . . but the majority of it is stuff that should have been simpler in the first place.

After playing regular EQ for nearly four years, a *simpler* game was what I needed to keep me interested at all. That, and the opportunity to explore Norrath again for the first time . . . words simply can't express how cool it was to walk into the Temple of Light, walk in about forty feet, think, "Hey, I know this corridor," walk around the next bend and discover I was inside [no spoilers for j00].