Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2002, 12:50 PM   #26
The Earth Keeper

Send a message via ICQ to The Earth Keeper Send a message via AIM to The Earth Keeper Send a message via MSN to The Earth Keeper Send a message via Yahoo to The Earth Keeper
Inmountains

I know the four corners area very well I grew up in Bayfield Pagosa Springs area.

Durango currently has ATT broadband internet services and the company is expanding services in that area.

If you can get cable TV internet isnt far behind.

Crombattleaxe@clanbattleaxe.com

I can more then likly get you better info then that will look into it.

Crom
The Earth Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 04:36 AM   #27
Ozzin T'Arc

Send a message via ICQ to Ozzin T'Arc Send a message via Yahoo to Ozzin T'Arc
Inmountains...

I suggest you to give it a shot in Clan Autumnwood, this is a small guild who having fun to do great things with a small amount of people.
They all are skilled players, as far as i remember.

BL

A Proud (Erudite) Necro

"Too many of us are spending money we haven't earned, to buy things we don't need to impress people we don't like"
Ozzin T'Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #28
Inmountains

Default ping time

I find it funny that someone said the "ping time" would be around 1000 with a Satellite Modem. About 90 percent of the time I am playing, my ping time is OVER 1000, and has been for 3 years now. Maybe EQ plays differently if I had a better connection?
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:45 PM   #29
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
I always did the same shit with 56k and with cable...only difference for me(for EQ anyway) was I went LD every hour or so raiding with 56k.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:22 AM   #30
Treage

You could check into satelite modems Inm, but I think you'll find that they are kinda pricy for hardware and monthly fees. If it didn't work, which I've read alot stating it doesn't from people who have tryed it, you'd be right back where you are now on the dial-up but with less plat in the bank.
Treage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:39 PM   #31
Syke Auttic

As a former satellite user I can offer this:

Price: ballpark $150-200 for the hardware, around $50-60/month for service. (may have change in the last 15 months, but unlikely)

Quality: It is actually quite good except in the following situations, clerics in CH rotations (latency can cause a bad break in the chain), monks pulling (latency can impact feigning), and basically anything other situation that critical action is needed (had very little lag in most instances, even with 70+ people close by). I do not have specific numbers to offer as I was very happy with my satellite until DSL showed up out here. Hell dish is still on the house after canceling it 15 months ago.

PS: Inmountains is good people...grouped with the guy quite a ways back...always fun...always interesting. I would suggest my guild, but lately we've been sitting around with our thumbs in our asses...
Syke Auttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:51 PM   #32
Athion

Have you thought about ISDN?

Its usually availible any where phones are... I live in kind of a "Land that time forgot" only 20 miles froma HUGE metropolis, but water wells/septic systems abound, TV Cable isnt availible, etc. So ISDN was my ONLY option.

I pay about $50 a month for the 2 phone lines (which also make great fax lines, and if you have to dial up via one, I get around 46k ) and $10 a month for an ISP.

This gives you a 128k connection. Not spectacular, but head and shoulders above Dailup

Oh, the ISDN modem can be a bit pricey, but you can usually pick up a used one on EBay