Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2002, 10:39 AM   #1
Ailiene

Default Ailiene's Block Party in PoD

Well it all started as a small pick up raid in PoS doing named giants go get some people their keys. We had about 20 people and somebody suggested we go take down Grummus in PoD. I can't exactly explain how it happened but from going from the one zone to the other, our raid exploded to 79 people lol We ended up maxing out our raid window and had to set up some side groups to go along with us for the rest.

Unfortunately with that many players, the lag was so bad that the clerics couldn't heal, nukers couldn't nuke, and the tanks well....couldn't hit stuff. On the plus side we got him down to 57% without being able to heal anybody Anyways, back to the point....I had more fun with this raid than I have with anything else in this game. I've been getting burned out with EQ and this reminded me what the game is supposed to be like.

I was very impressed at how the people in the raid handled themselves also. We had over 10 different guilds combined together, some of them at odds with other guilds and yet they behaved perfectly. I was prepared for total warfare and honestly was shocked at how well that many people got along. There was never fighting, arguing, people leaving over loot, nothing. I'm really proud of everybody that showed up for this and I hope we can do something like that again sometime(just not with enough people to crash a zone lol)

Thank you guys!
Rhuine, Kaladina, Adarra, Caffino, Byork, Faeinu, Zile, Musesfamiliar, Daize, Spritle, Halpo, Kelven, Charisa, CYnsei, Thisosa, Thanoz, Leggolan, Sloric, Beneg, Sluger, Smokums, Wormtongue, Symphonic, Weary, Amia, Banish, Bevyr, Solemneyes, Valnirr, Chen, Zygorian, Gulerian, Harkyn, Coldmeat, Freies, Rutnek, Zakardis, Shothra, Tessot, Morrgana, Skycat, Imrik, Greer, Blackmoonx, Hadjii, Bumamgar, Sueyong, Fistaben, Chyraniecia, Thumpya, Hotplate, Weslley, Vaalken, Ramasu, Kilashamen, Comsteel, Kraid, Goldentoe, Oogy, Deuterium, Primail, Eckol, Gazgaz, Kurtuk, Ratbert, Kuride, Yppans, Akirrah

and to the rest who's names I missed who were ld and in the other groups at the time I took a ss of the raid list I apologize if I missed you.

Thank you for coming! I really had a blast and met all kinds of new friends. I hope to see all of you real soon

Ailiene Everglade
Storm Warden
Phoenix Crusaders
Ailiene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 03:06 PM   #2
Seredin

Daize and Solumneyes suck.

That is all.
Seredin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 03:28 PM   #3
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
Ailiene is so slut.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 11:58 AM   #4
caffino

I had a blast, Ailiene! Even with the LDs & lag. It was definitely an experience I won't forget.

Thanks so much for putting this together. =) Let me know if you want to try him again!

Midnight Fury
caffino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 07:48 PM   #5
Crystallio

Fun Raid

Think this was just before we moved into Grimmus' room.

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx/pat...mmus+Raid1.jpg
Crystallio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 08:02 PM   #6
Crystallio

and here's the big guy himself

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx/pat...mmus+Raid4.jpg
Crystallio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 08:22 PM   #7
Kogur
Phatty!

Originally posted by Crystallio
and here's the big guy himself
He's a sexah bitch!
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 06:29 AM   #8
ThanozdeTroll

Heck yeah that was a lot of fun. It was a blast and you did a great job getting everyone together, Ail.

I can honestly say I have NEVER seen lag that bad before. LOL

But it was fun enough to make me stay up until 90 minutes before the alarm clock went off!!
ThanozdeTroll is offline   Reply With Quote