Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 02:23 AM   #1
Kerryn Darkwater

Default Plane of Air help.

Thanks to a very good friend of mine, I am sitting at the point of attaining my Fiery Avenger with little work actually done on my part.

I now have the soulfire, the ghoulbane and the robe and head of Myragul. My faction with the Deepwater Knights is well on the way to it's needed level.

The only issue I have now is getting to Pegasus Isle in the Plane of Air. I don't want to have to drag my guild up there just for me and I was wondering what the best way to do this is.

Go up with a guild who is raiding there and camp out on Pegasus Isle till I can get someone that can port up and spawn my mob for me?

Is there another way that gets me up there? I know some mobs are non-kos for example. If you have any ideas please let me know.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:18 AM   #2
Gloriana Frostglitter

Surely some necro in your guild needs that cloak off the Keeper of Sky, no way to kill two birds with one stone?
Old 09-30-2002, 05:43 AM   #3
Kerryn Darkwater

Possibly, in fact I think Kumadr has to get that piece. However for the time being Anam Kara are working on getting it's core working well together and as such are not a raiding guild at the moment. I'll have a look see if we can pull the numbers for it.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:35 AM   #4
Igota

You prolly have a monk in your guild that needs the part for their epic, and if you dont... I need it

I would love to go along with my 48 monk, I can dual box a 60 Shaman and maybe a 60 warrior too if that would help.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:45 AM   #5
Islington

Does no good for the Monk part though. The Monk fight goes in the opposite direction of the rest of the zone and it's a PITA to get everyone going in the proper direction after that. Going to the Djini Lord isle is, for all intents and purposes, a one way trip since there is no way to get back to the Fairy Island or the Imp Island without doing some form of jumping, dying, and/or paying out the ass for a boatload of Stones and Keys.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:05 AM   #6
Kerryn Darkwater

As far as I was aware the quickest route was to go straight from isle 1 to Azarack isle bypassing Noble Dojorn island however doesnt killing the faeries on isle 1 provide you with keys to get to both? and cant the keys to isle 3 be used from isle 2 also.

This may have the negative effect of needing to clear island 2 unnecessarily when you only need to do the turn in on that isle and probably for expedience sake is better skipping.

However, I've been to Isle 2 with a group to kill this guy and it took us no more then 20 minutes. I did have a death though as nobody told me not to speak. Should be fairly easy to get your piece Igota. If you need me give me a tell.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:56 AM   #7
Islington

As far as I was aware the quickest route was to go straight from isle 1 to Azarack isle bypassing Noble Dojorn island however doesnt killing the faeries on isle 1 provide you with keys to get to both? and cant the keys to isle 3 be used from isle 2 also.
Let me try to explain this. POA is confusing as hell so if I miss something or am not clear on something, speak up and I'll see if I can correct it. (P.S. HATE this place).

On the 1st island you kill the Fairies and each one drops 2 pieces, a sword and a rabbit foot. After killing the Princess, Sirran spawns. You hand the sword and/or rabbit foot in for a Key to Dojorn Isle and/or Azzarack Isle (normally referred to as Isle 2). In numbering terms, Dojorn isle is usually left out.

Now, from Isle 1 you can use a key to go to EITHER Dojorn Isle or Azzarack Isle. However, once you get on either island, you cannot go back to Isle 1 using a key. Furthermore, Dojorn Isle is, for all intents and purposes, a dead end. There is no way off of the Isle unless you jump. Azzarack Isle is different though. Once you clear the Isle, you get pieces to spawn Sirran again and receive new keys which will let you get to Isle 3.

This is why the Monk part is a pain in the ass if your goal is to work Sky. After finishing the Monk fight, you need to either Jump off the island which will delete your keys, or you need to do some form of corpse summon + resses to get back to Isle 1. The Fairies that you killed on Island 1 won't respawn for several hours (I want to say so the keys are a pain to get again.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:41 AM   #8
Vaalken Palejustice

small correction - there is now a teleport pad on Djorn island that takes you to Azurak island if you got both sets of keys on the first Island
Old 09-30-2002, 11:54 AM   #9
cezero

Aye, you can go directly from Noble Isle to Isle 2 (Azarak Isle) as long as you got both keys from Sirren.

Noble Isle is non-agro, and the mobs there will not assist Gwan, so if you have a monk who needs him, taking a side trip to Noble Isle is only a 20 minute (or less) detour.

The fairies on Isle One respawn very quickly compared to the rest of the Plane. I haven't timed it exactly, but I believe it is around 2 hours.

Most people do skip Noble Isle, which is why it is un-numbered in most guides.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:32 PM   #10
KernaSanders

Ker, this is what I used when I led my two back in the day.

members.cohesive.net/~rtaylor/EQ/skyguide/

Kerna Sanders
Retired Crusader of Emarr
Old 10-01-2002, 01:50 PM   #11
Alethia or Celoria

Kerryn, if you have a friend who is willing to camp out an alt at Isle one, or the quest room, while your raid party makes it's way to Isle 4 that would be your best bet. It's not overly difficult to get to Isle 4 if you have a well rounded and well working group of people with you.

Yes, there is indeed a warp pad to Isle 2(Azarack) from 1b(Noble) so you AREN'T stuck there if you bring a Monk who wishes to get his epic part done.

Air is a very time consuming raid plane, even moreso than Hate/Fear/Growth because you can't clear the entire zone with most raid parties in one day. This is especially true if you have a fair few first timers there.

When I lead the raid to get Patric's FA I camped out Alethia on Isle one with his 500pp(? I think that's the right amount) to spawn his mob from quest room while Celoria went on the actual raid and we killed to isle 3.. We never got to actually kill anything on isle 4 because it was late and pulling the last few mobs on 3 was too frustrating for our tired crew. We did it with less than 18 people by the time we got to Isle 3 and we managed, in our attempts to pull the mobs in the building, to get Gorgalusk seperated and single from the rest(pulled the mobs and had someone who hadn't gotten agro yet "Hail" her to no end while the other ones went away) so we just killed her so Patric could get his key to 4 and he went up there alone, while I camped to Alethia and spawned the mob, to do his turn in then used DA to jump back down to 3.

If you actually want to get to 4 and kill stuff on 4 then of course be sure to get enough keys for everyone from the mobs on 3. Make sure NO EVILS come up to 4 with you before you do your turn in because your quest mob WILL agro and kill them. Try and bring 2 or 3 Rangers needing their sphere's from 4 as well as a Necro who needs his cloak so that those that drop can go to people that need them. If you know of other Paladin's who also need to do their turn in for their FAs snatch them up as well. I mean if your going to go up might as well bring as many people that will benefit from the drops as you can seeing you don't seem like you want this raid to be all about you. Of course Warriors are going to press for going to Isle 5(Spiroc) but that is something your raid party will want to decide on once you're all done with 4. Depending on how late it is, how many people you have left, how many people will need to leave, etc your party may not be up for Isle 5. Like I said it is a time consuming raid Plane.

Dunno if that helps any but at any rate I hope it does. Also hope I didn't make it sound like your raid should be a pulbic service raid because that wasn't my intent.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:04 PM   #12
Sir CromBattleAxe

Getting to 4th isle is cake.

If any necros need the cloak from 4th isle we have 2 in guild bank for sale.

Can be done in a few hours with 12 to 18 people.

Isle 3 and 4 are non agro so pulling is pretty easy. We use monk and paladin tagging for 3rd isle and any level 60 can single pull isle 4. Pretty sure once your on 3rd isle you can go up solo and have someone spawn your quest mob. Make sure no evil races or classes are on the isle with you as your little buddy will kill them before leting you talk to him.

If they are on the isle have them camp to alts.

We might be going up the next couple of weeks again headed to 5th isle.