Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 07:28 PM   #1
Deviator

Default aa points

ok, i know they put a limit on how many aa you could have saved up at the time PoP was released, but does that limit still exist so you cannot obtain more then 30 saved up or was that only for the PoP release?
Deviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:09 AM   #2
Katty
Pain so close to Pleasure

i'd assume only for PoP release to prevent much AA harboring.

Then again i don't see why anyone would want to save up 30 AA's now, just spend em as you go.
Katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 05:07 AM   #3
Qris

Send a message via AIM to Qris
Why would you want to save 30 AA points???

Qris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 05:57 AM   #4
Aerich

Hit level 51, stay there a really long time to gain aa points, then continue to level to 65? Or do the same at level 60 because you can solo at that level and many things aren't light blue the way they are at level 65.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:17 AM   #5
Katty
Pain so close to Pleasure

Well, thing is a mob of a certain level will always give an x amount of XP. of course reduced if light blue and no xp if green.

And an AA will always take same amount of XP if you're level 51 or 65.

So at level 51 you're killing mobs at what level?, say 46-50 in Karnors Castle or somehting.
and at 65 you're killing mobs, lets say 57-64 in a plane.
(Sure there are places ppl xp with higher cons and lower, but for instance).

Now lets see which xp is faster and easier to come by?.

So the only reason to save up is if you have a REALLY nice xp spot which would be green/light blue at 65. But with all the new PoP zones and higher level mobs which give more xp...

oh well, your call.
Katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:57 AM   #6
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
A lot of people want to stay level 60 instead of moving on to level 65 because, well, they think levels above 60 are super hard and long (they aren't), or they aren't a very group-friendly class and can't find groups easily and would rather solo and stay 60 for a while and save up AA's before moving on. I know a lot of hybrid/melee type folks lost their bit of solo spots when they hit 61 and above, even if they dual boxed some odd character. But then again when I'm killing stuff at 65 I'm getting 2-3% AA exp from every mob in a group of six anyway.

Its just that some days you have good luck, some days bad, others you get great luck.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:26 PM   #7
hdanielh

some mobs give near a blue of exp each in PoV at level 62. if you can do better at lower level in a different zone please leat us know.
hdanielh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:51 AM   #8
Deviator

well here is the deal... i found a pretty good spot to duo my 60 shaman and 52 ranger where the exp and cash are decent and it's never camped. it's definately not the best spot in the game for either, but i hate sitting for hours trying to find groups, and actually i prefer to play my 2 chars by themselves anyway. what i wanted to do was keep my ranger at 52 and get him alot of aa saved up before i level him anymore. my shaman doesnt get exp there anymore and will eventually fall behind on the aa points but i can worry about that later, there isn't much more i want with my shaman anyway. i dont plan on going past 60 for awhile with either char so not going to the planes doesnt really bother me. besides im happy with using PoP just for the port stones hehe.
Deviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:26 PM   #9
Mirakle

One reason some ppl save up AA's is at lvl 52 when you wish to stay there for old world dragons. Pally's after thier books are a good example. I know many Paladins that stay 52 for quite a long time hoping to get their epic books, but save up AA's between dragon hits.

Another reason is that at 60 you can get decent exp in lots of non PoP zones, when at 65 almost everything outside of PoP is green/light blue, therefor you can ONLY hunt in PoP.

/shrug
Mirakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:10 AM   #10
Khael

some mobs give near a blue of exp each in PoV at level 62. if you can do better at lower level in a different zone please leat us know.
Quad kite the stuff in the permafrost bear pits with a manastone and a bot'd cleric. It's a lot like the wizards getting 39% per quad when PoP first came out, if a little slower (Quads in perma were less xp but they went a lot faster and downtime was about 35 seconds to go from 1-2 bubs to full mana)