Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
Smashgnome

Question Need Advice from lvl 61+ Wizards

Hello people. I'm looking from advice from level 61+ wizards. I started a wizard right as POP was released and he dinged 60 last night. My question has to do with AA, and soloing. Specifically, is it true that a wizard can no longer solo past level 60? And should I proceed to level 65 with no AA, or get AA at lvl 60?

I'm kinda at a dilemma as to whether or not I should rack of AA points at level 60 before proceding level wise. Ability to solo has to be taken into account as wizards are not a necessary class for groups (and consequently I may not get one). Thanks for any advice you can offer.

-Meconan 60 War (retired)
-Blubbie 54 War/trader
-Afterburn 60 Wizard
Smashgnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:03 PM   #2
Kogur
Phatty!

The one rule that shall never change...levels over AA, ALWAYS! =)
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 10:48 PM   #3
Camien Ta`Mire

Send a message via AIM to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via MSN to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via Yahoo to Camien Ta`Mire
Wait a second.....

/rereads the original post.

You started a wizzy when PoP was released, and he's already 60?!?!?!?

:eek:
Camien Ta`Mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:23 AM   #4
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Camien, you know what needs to be done? Nerf the Crushbone Belts and Shoulderpads quest.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:31 AM   #5
Zarney

i know this guy, he just AE's when ever he is on, and gets mad levels, he was like 40 when i was 52, now im 56 and yea.. he's 60 =/

If your torn from something unjustly... something that you loved, and gave your heart to.... then what is left ?? ~ Zarney
Zarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:28 PM   #6
Roble

We have some post 60 wizards that are able to solo. But I think you need to have the mana pool and mana regen to go along with it for it to be effective. Gear and AA's help that.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:20 PM   #7
Atuari

Send a message via AIM to Atuari Send a message via Yahoo to Atuari
I am 65 and I quad for excellent experience on a regular basis. I have quadded mobs in pop in several zones. However, I am in part able to quad those mobs based on my mana pool, my gear, my AA etc.

I would suggest you max a good number of AA skills such as mental clarity, scm, SCF, SCFM

I quadded almost all my AAs before pop in katta

Last edited by Atuari; 12-06-2002 at 07:25 PM.
Atuari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 06:47 AM   #8
ragnerok

Default hero

atuari is mah hero enuff said

ragnerok
ragnerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:03 AM   #9
Khael

Er, what Atuari said. I can quad / kite fine in plenty of areas in PoP, but you'll need runspeed, SCM, and SCF maxed at the very least to do it; greater familiar and harvest of druzzil (this last AA needs level 62) wouldn't hurt either. FT items or MC AAs are also good. The best time to carm AA is probably 60, since you have the most areas available to you to hunt; once you hit 60+ levels, you'll find yourself rapidly limited to PoP zones. Imo it'd be best to stock up on AA until you want to level, then do 61-65 without breaking again for AA.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:26 PM   #10
Siznitch

There are a few AAs out there that will make your soloing life a heck of a lot easier. The most notable of these is Run Speed 3, Innate Regen 3, Spell Casting Mastery 3.

Spell Casting Fury is pretty useless for quadding although it has a moderate application in single kiting.

At 60 there's a lot of non-PoP areas, which are fairly vacant these days, that you can quad for great AAxp (ME - toilers and gorangas, GD - dwarves, AR - centis).

Unless you have very good gear, quadding in PoP will be very difficult for you at 60 because of resists and the silly number of hps that the mobs have. Solo kiting in the planes generally nets me about 2-3% of an aa per single so you might want to try that out rather than dealing with quadding in the non-planar zones.

Siznitch
Siznitch is offline   Reply With Quote