Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2002, 06:44 PM   #1
Cerbrathan

Default Raising Kael Faction

Is anyone working on Raising Kael faction? Looking for a group to kill dorfs and farm heads. I have some boots to turn in for TOV quest armor but not the faction to do it. Preferably 6am-10am PST or so.. lemme know either here or in game.

Also, any suggestions for quickly raising the faction would be appreciated.

Seems like nobody is killing dragons these days.. If there was a couple groups of people that wanted to meet every day and just farm armor off dragons I'd be down with that. Lemme know maybe it's something we want to look into. Get fully equipped
Cerbrathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:59 AM   #2
Adom Wraithbane

Default Im looking for faction

Cerb, I am on every morning from 9am pst to about 2pm. I have, for last couple days, been working on faction in Kael. If you want to hook up any time that would be cool. I usually play for a couple hours before I go to sleep. I work nights so mornings are my only times I can play right now. I camp at the zone to WL when I log off. See you on sometime..

Adom
59 War
Adom Wraithbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 07:13 AM   #3
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I killed dwarfs and their dogs in GD for two weeks. The first thing you do is turn in heads to the recruiter in Kael until you are non-kos to Kromzek.

To turn in heads while you are KOS: have someone invis you each time before you click the trade button. The recruiter will give you positive faction with `zek and `riff I believe.

Once you are non-kos to `zek, make your way down to Capt. Bvellos in the bank. All the giants there are `zek. Give him the heads...he gives you positive `zek, `riff, and KT faction. Give the paws from Velks to this guy as well.

Kill Skyshrine and WW dragons/drakes. Get a faction hit while someone is killing Yelinak or Dain. Dain would work.

Kill guards in Icewell. Kill Royals for KT faction (I think).

I am ally to all Kael factions except `riff (warmly now because i helped with the ring quest).

If anybody needs a CoTH to the quest room, just give me a tell in game.

Anyway, I'd love to go kill some dwarfs and/or dragons with some folks. WW is always fun.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:13 PM   #4
Parum

Are the faction hits in WW so great that their slowness (hit for 500+ AE etc etc) is balanced with the fact one can soloAE the entire front of the dorf city?

Parum
Parum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #5
Kogur
Phatty!

While I don't know about the soloing of the dorf city munchkins...I can tell you that in 2 days casual play time(4 or so hours a day) I went from max kos to max ally with Kromzek by killing in WW. =)
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 06:05 PM   #6
The Earth Keeper

Send a message via ICQ to The Earth Keeper Send a message via AIM to The Earth Keeper Send a message via MSN to The Earth Keeper Send a message via Yahoo to The Earth Keeper
Whats your class ?

As a paladin I can solo some of the dragons in WW like yeldema.

However its alot easier with a druid or enchanter along to team up with.

She is something like a 30 min spawn.
The Earth Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 09:23 PM   #7
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Do the nest dragons along the coast, Southwest of DN. They are the easiest. Also, one of them gates...forgot his name. If he gates, your group is usually toast as he'll summon you all one at a time. Bravatar might have been his name.

As for soloing them...only seen one guy solo a nest dragon and that was Moongaiden. It's probably an easy thing for some classes.

My suggestion if you are going to be killing in WW is to kill scar dragons. They give better loot, including a better talisman than the nest dragons. With the right classes, you could do them with one group.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 09:18 PM   #8
Gonada

Send a message via ICQ to Gonada
Look me up if raising faction if you need a cleric as i need faction as well for keal.
I play most days /mornings especially
Gonada
58 Cleric of Marr
Ring of Destiny
Gonada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 11:44 PM   #9
Jabener

the best way ive found to get Kael faction is to circle amongst the four coldain camps in East Wastes, killing all the dwarves you can. They *seem* to drop heads a lot more often than the GD dorfs, plus the one quest mob, Garadain(sp?) gives a HUGE faction boost.
Jabener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:40 PM   #10
Cerbrathan

Default Thanks for the tips

Gonna start working on my faction hardcore here in the next couple days. Will probably be doublefisting a war and my 59 cler... but could use a tank and a bard or a tank and a chanter to deal some damage as a cleric doesn't seem to be able to do that very efficiently /cackle

-Cerbrathan
-59 CLer

Gimme a tell anyone that wants to get faction and kill dorfs.

Also, if you have a group that could get exp, I just want the faction hit, I'd heal you outta group for the faction hits and heads
Cerbrathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 07:25 PM   #11
Gloriana

Count me in, killed a ton of dwarfs today and turned in 20 heads, still KOS! Those giants are SO touchy, so I participated in a dozen ring wars, killed Vindi countless times, can't we just let bygones be bygones?

Gloriana
62 Shaman
Affliction
Gloriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 04:30 AM   #12
Ojuillean

You're a shaman Glori! Just go solo a couple WW dragons and be done with it! :eek:
Old 12-09-2002, 04:52 AM   #13
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
*holds Gloriana back from a Sontalak solo attempt*

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 12:16 PM   #14
Frekkels

Default oh noooo!

Gloriana is switching to the other side? /cry

Have fun collecting those Wuoshi scales dear. And enjoy Western Wastes.

Take care,
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 01:35 PM   #15
Laoke

Default !

The fastest way I found to get my Tormax faction up (as opposed to the Kromrif / Kromzek factions) was to turn in Dorf heads to Bvellos. As a monk I can hand them in while KoS if I have to. It takes roughly 200 heads to go from Max KoS to high Amiable, and I found the best place to get heads was from the Velium Miners in GD. You get roughly 10 heads an hour there. Also, people often sell them (I used to buy them for between 50 - 100pp per head) and that can be a huge shortcut as well.

Killing things in GD works if you JUST want the giant factions for Kael armor: if you need Tormax faction, then you're going to need to harvest dorf heads.
Laoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:16 AM   #16
Gloriana

Yeah, I tried that Laoke. I was full KOS with all three factions. I hunted the miners in GD, turned in 60 heads to the Kromrif recruiter near the zone, now I'm ally Rif and still KOS with zek I'm still KOS with Bvellos, so I can't turn in heads with him to raise Tormax faction yet.

I've killed Dain 3 times since the last time I killed Tormax, but I can't find a Tormax mob up to check my faction!

I guess it's WW nest dragon hunting or Ice Well Keep...
Gloriana is offline   Reply With Quote