Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2002, 06:00 PM   #1
Suicidal Slayne

Default looking for fantasy/medieval bridge references...

For my next maya project, I need too create a bridge.

I have a general theme I want to use, however I'm still tinkering with the bridge design and I'm having poor luck in locating good references that will fit into this realm.

Mostly prolly be between 15th-18th century if you look for those more realistic, prolly European, but I'd like something more fantasy "ish".

Anything you've seen that you thought, Wow, thats cool would be cool. Just need some cool stuff too get some ideas down.

Thanks.

~Slayne
Old 10-05-2002, 06:41 PM   #2
Alethia or Celoria

Okie before I start scouring the internet what exactly is this "maya project" and what are you actually doing?

Anyhow, if you just wanting pictures of various bridges then I'll go ahead and look and see what I can dig up. Also, you might want to concider using the spiral staircase covering arches from LotR when they were going to see Galadrielle(sp?). I believe there is even a bridge in Rivendale shown with the same design of arches but not metallic looking.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:04 PM   #3
bumblefumble

Default Bridges

There are many sweeping stone bridges with gigantic, stout pilllars located in the northern Italian region (read: Tuscany and Tirolien region) that are centuries old and would have fantastic backdrops too.

/em shrug
Old 10-06-2002, 04:32 AM   #4
Alethia or Celoria

Default Re: Bridges

Welp I looked a bit and ended up finding an awesome site on Prague which housed many pics of castles, ruins and such but a few also had some bridges pictured.. It's all about 14th Century construction so it's in the timeline you want/need. Only thing is, and I sorta suspected this to begin with, bridges back in that era and area weren't exactly elaborate. Not a lot of them had very much asthetic aspects added to them. They were primarily utilitary and that's it. You'll see what I mean if you go to this site.

Prague and surrounding areas

Maybe if you take some of the architectural aspects from the various castles pictured on this site you could come up with something on your own? /shrug Hope it helps if only a little.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:59 AM   #5
Suicidal Slayne

Default Re: Bridges

Thanks much ^_^

And maya project, as in, maya the 3d software that is used for modeling. Gotta create a 3d model of a bridge/scene with it, color it, etc.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:33 PM   #6
panidwenthedruid

Default hmm

I went to Italy a few years ago. I will look through some photos to see if I have any bridge pictures. I know I have a picture of the Bridge of Sighs(sp?). Thats in venice but the story behind it is kinda dreadful might not be what you want. Was basically a bridge the prisoners walked over before they were executed or imprisoned .

~panidwen