Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2002, 11:41 AM   #1
bubu

Send a message via AIM to bubu Send a message via Yahoo to bubu
Default dvdxcopy

Yep, after screwing around with dvd ripping tools & questioning the usefullness of a dvdr for anything in general. I've finaly found a progie that makes copying dvd's on a dvdr drive brain dead easy. Without having to spend 10+ hours ripping & reincodding the stream.

dvdxcopy, check it out if you own a dvd burner . You can find a cracked beta on kazaa etc...file name DVDXCopy_v10_b625.exe along with a 5kb reg crack file.

it does not mess with the bit rate or anything of the sort (to make a double density 4.7gb+ disc fit onto a single density up to 4.7gb blank you had to chop down frame rate etc), only thing it modifies is the .ifo tables to make a dvd9 split between 2 dvd5's.

Oh ya, one pointer make sure to go to the install directory after you install it and run the setup under driver to install your DVDr driver for the prog.

enjoy,
-bubu
your very retired boogyman
Old 11-29-2002, 11:44 AM   #2
Nire

Send a message via AIM to Nire Send a message via MSN to Nire
cool!
Old 11-29-2002, 11:53 AM   #3
bubu

Default yeaaa...

yeah very cool...I'm bouncing up and down like a kid od'd on sugar!

the quality when you messed with the frame rate just dropped like a rock, it almost became better to decode the mpeg2 and re-encode into mpeg1 and make a vcd...saving a couple of bucks on the cost of a dvdr blank .
Old 12-01-2002, 09:43 PM   #4
fnord

Default dvd media

dvd blanks have come down a ton in price. how long does it take to burn a 4.7GB disc at 2x speed?
fnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 10:41 PM   #5
bubu

Default dvd-r blanks

depends...the Dvd-r's are under a buck per disc the DVD+r's are still in the 2 dollar range unfortunetly. For RW's add about a buck to those prices. I personaly went with a +R drive because of playstation 2. I play my dvds on the ps2 and since sony is in the +R camp the new playstation 2's have no issues reading the discs vs. -R.

Takes me roughly 30min per 4.7gb on a 2.4x burner (retarded speed due to rw's). If I use a regular blank its about 15 to 18 minutes per disc + whatever crunching time your PC needs to do a stream decode & create the disk image/vob's on your HD.

Might actualy be worthwhile to join netflix & buy a spindle of 100dvdr's hehe.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:33 AM   #6
Festivus

Please see my soapbox post about copyrights, and I won't say anything more about it

I have been working on getting VCD to encode correctly so that I could play them on my DVD player but I never get the quality I want. Tons of those blocky things show up when I play it on friends dvd player, and won't play at all on my dvd player.

Anyone have any pointers to good articles on VCD? I have a ton of old TV shows that I love to watch saved in digital format (DIVX), and my only solution right now is to output from the pc onto the TV set. While that is nice and everything, the fan noise is a bit too much to fully enjoy the show.

no images!
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote