Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2002, 04:35 AM   #1
cnjmorris

Default Where oh where.....

Anyone know of a company that will ship strange items?

While I was in school in Lubbock, Texas my wife and I were on a tight budget, but there were 2 things we treated ourselves to.

1 was a little mexican place called Leal's that gave you free Queso and chips while you waited... so we would order chicken quesadillas and then eat the chips and queso till full and then take home our meals. I swear we would get 2 meals out of it and walk out for under $10.

When we told my parents, who had set aside quite a bit of money, that we wanted our wedding rehersal dinner there they were a tad surprised. Our wedding party and guests, 30 people, almost filled the whole place... and people thought we must be worse off than they knew. We all left full, and I know 28 people learned that budget doesn't always mean low quality. I was sad to hear they closed down... they could have raised their prices... I would have paid double.. if I ever ended up back in Lubbock..

ANYWAY.... the other item was Chili Cheese Fritos. We would get hot dogs, chili, and these chips and sit around watching basic television. My father goes to Lubbock yearly but the last few times he hasn't had space in his suitcase to return with our chips.

So... if anyone knows a place that would ship a case, I would gladly pay... they are always almost as good as we remember them, but to us they are a bag full of pleasant memories.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
Arnwolf Magnuson

While you're collecting items from Lubbock, TX. Stop by Rosita's and get me 4 Carne Guisada Burrito's...k, thx

Arnwolf
Old 10-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #3
Dunwut Speeritnite

This is a longshot but try dropping a note to Frito Lay with that story. They won't send you a case but you never know they might send you out a few bags.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #4
Tovectris

Default Fritos

You might try calling some of the stores in Lubbock. Maybe an online supermarket woul help out as well. Google can find them.

If all else fails I can UPS you a case. If our Sams here doesn't have them in cases I can pick one up next time I'm in Lubbock (Nov. 4th).

The one thing I miss in Lubbock is the bratwurst and sauerkraut club alongside a pitcher of stout from Hub City Brewery. So far as I could tell everything else in that godforsaken city was dipped in @#%$ and rolled in ass lint.