Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 09:14 AM   #1
Bubu DwarfEater

Default Master of Orion 3

anyone else looking forward to moo3...I hope it lives up to it's name (considering its over a year late).

I heard that there was an early beta build floating around on news groups, but the only trace I've found was in polish
Old 10-09-2002, 10:36 AM   #2
Suicidal Slayne

Never heard of it ><
Old 10-09-2002, 10:42 AM   #3
Arnwolf Magnuson

hehe, I'm looking forward to it now. Didn't know it was coming out until I read your post.

Arnwolf
Old 10-09-2002, 11:41 AM   #4
Submina Dominatrix

Loved MOO2, long been anticipating MOO3 and hoping it lives up to the greatness of MOO2, loved that game soo much
Old 10-09-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
Snaz the Snaptail

Default Moo2

Moo2 was great, but even after it came out, Moo1 was still great.

Jerry Pournelle reportedly used to ration himself to one big game a month.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #6
Bulvyne

Default Re: Moo2

Spent farrrrrr too many hours at the old comp with MOO1 and MOO2... Will probably be picking up MOO3, too.

But "Masters of Magic" was the game that took up even more time. What a friggin' blast that one was!

Bul

Old 10-09-2002, 01:52 PM   #7
Kemora Kementari

MOO was great.. I had a hard time getting into MOO2. Looking forward to MOO3.

I really really wish they'd make MoM2 though. I still play MoM. AoW2 is pretty good.. but i'd like a closer cross with Civ like MoM.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:06 PM   #8
Ghie

I liked Moo2 and look forward to Moo3

Old 10-09-2002, 02:39 PM   #9
Ziktiny

MoO [1,2] amd MoM were some of my favorite games, and I still play them occasionally. I await MoO ]|[ eagerly!
Old 10-09-2002, 02:51 PM   #10
SileaEmarr

Default YEAH!

Moo was awesome, I played that game on a 386 with 8mg of Ram and on Huge galaxies had to wait FOREVER for the enemies turn.

Moo2 was also good, but dang you had to go slow or the comp kicked your booty.

Bubu!!!! ya slacker email me

silea@pendragons.org

Old 10-09-2002, 04:31 PM   #11
Tuan00Dorf

Default Re: YEAH!

Dear god!

I remember playing Masters of Orion 2 with my brother uh, years ago! It was an awsome game but the turn based was kind of lame so we could never get into it too much.. Although we had a few extremely long games as I remember!

I'll take a look at Masters of Orien 3 though
Old 10-09-2002, 05:55 PM   #12
Bubu DwarfEater

Well, I don't think moo3 is turn based anymore but I could be wrong.

Speaking of which, anyone able to run moo under windows XP? I get a funky "you need atleast 1024kb of XMS memory" error. I heard people playing it on xp and saying the dos support is much better than under 98 etc...but ya I've had no luck. I've tweaked with the runtime enviro settings on the .exe itself for a while...anyone out there that has goten it or something similar to run...what memory settings did you use?

My only alternative will be to boot of a windows 98 cd, get into a dos prompt...load some sorta flash card dos driver (do they even exist) and play moo of that...

Old 10-09-2002, 06:00 PM   #13
Bubu DwarfEater

eeeey...I just had a great idea, a windows 98 "boot disk" makes a ram drive...have the moo dir on a CD and just copy it over to the virtual ram drive once in dos...
Old 10-09-2002, 07:38 PM   #14
Zmek

WoW didnt know MoO 3 was even in the works. for the last month or so i have been playing a game MoO2 about every other night. been seeing how fast i can completely win the game wipe out all races and bet the antaians(sp). (404 turns is my best so far) I loved MoO and love MoO2 will deffentily be looking into it. need something form my christmis list anyways. I hope that is is aleast as good as the last two.

Zmek
Old 10-10-2002, 04:02 AM   #15
Nirecnad the Trademaster

I'm lookin'g forward to Moo3, heh heh I remember long LOOONG hours playing Moo2 over modem....and friends bitching cause I fell asleep all the time lol

Old 10-10-2002, 05:30 AM   #16
Keltarin Stormshadow

I'll definately be playing Moo3... I've been following it's development since it was announced. Apparently the reason for it's most recent delays are because:
1) It was too complex, so they had to go back and rework the interface down
2) The helpful-governer-AI was too good, and people were just turning it on, letting the turns go by, then getting bored because they didn't have enough to do.

Old 10-10-2002, 10:01 AM   #17
Fori Shadowmoon

Bah i cant play it on my PC either (xp) and yes.. i cant wait for moo3
Old 10-10-2002, 11:31 AM   #18
Baledin Trueblade

MOO?? *dredges through old memories* wait... MOO?!!! I loved that game, I have 1, used to have 2 (friend "borrowed' the CD, never returned it), and now 3 is coming out.. if it lives up to it's precursors.. I'm there.