Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2002, 05:43 AM   #1
zandos_soultaker

Question Windblade

Lo all!

First off, let me introduce myself. I am Zandos Soultaker, a lvl 55 warrior and current guild leader of Renshai. I have been playing EQ for 3 years (as of Nov 9).

I've been hearing about Windblades lately, and I'd like to pick one up. I am a warrior that actually came into some PP, for once. I was hunting in OS and came across the spell Torpor and sold it for a pretty penny. Browsing the steelwarrior.org website I see prices that range from 10K all the way to 50K, depending on server. As I was browsing through the bazaar I saw prices mostly at 30K and up. I have 28K left to spend after upgrading some armor.

1) Basically I want to see what people on this server think about this item. I hear rumors that range from it dropping in price, raising in price, or not dropping as much. What do you all think is going to happen? (And if you don't care, please don't ruin this post, I'm looking for a mature disscussion)

2) I also like to hear what other warriors would do with 28k . My AC is around 1024, if that helps.

================
~Z~ May death avoid your footsteps.
zandos_soultaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 07:25 AM   #2
Nuzum

Default Why use a weapon

I think all warriors do the most damage with a muffin in one hand and a nice frosty beer in the other, screw the windblade grab the keg.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 07:54 AM   #3
Frekkels

Default 28kpp budget for a Warrior

Hail,

/wave Zandos
Since a decent chunk of your recent windfall came from my bank account, allow me to make a few recommendations.

1. Post your Magelo. This will help the warriors who visit this board evaluate where you can get the most out of your platinum.

2. Make some friends in game that are further along the road to Warlord (or already past that point, whatever the 65 warrior title is) and ask them to mentor you or give you advice. This has done wonders for me in making decisions about where to upgrade first, and how to prioritize my future goals & expenditures.

3. Visit the class boards for Warriors. I'm not familiar with them myself, but I'm sure you can find some good advice there.

4. Is there a serverwide warrior channel? If so, set that to autojoin. You will get less biased information from people who aren't affected by the E. Marr economy, and they might be more willing to share an easy spot to camp for upgrades for you than a warrior on our server that might be competing against you. Why spend money when you can just kill something to get the item you want.

5. Now that you are somewhat wealthy, be leery of jumping on the first good deal that comes your way. Since you say you've been broke for some time now, you are probably a little out of the loop with the high ticket item economy. Keep your eyes & ears open, and be careful before making an impulse purchase that you may regret later.

Good luck shopping!
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:05 AM   #4
zandos_soultaker

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the advice Frekkels!

1) http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=38129 The AC and ATK are wrong but the gear is right.

2) I'll see who I can find IG. Good idea.

3) Been there I just wanted to see what people on Emarr had to say also.

4) I think there is a steelwarrior serverwide channel. Another excellent idea.

5) Heh - I already blew 12k !! But I feel I got some nice upgrades. I'm very out of the loop with the high priced things. I have NEVER had more than 3-4K at a time. So I had to stop myself from blowing what I have left and junk. I don't think I'll have this much PP anytime soon again, I'm too casual of a player.

/salute Frekkels
(And thanks for the description of Torpor)
~Z~

Last edited by zandos_soultaker; 11-18-2002 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:52 AM   #5
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
You'll get a more accurate number to what your unbuffed AC is on your Magelo profile if you go through your character, record all of their skill levels, and go through your Magelo profile and input all of them in. But it doesn't seem to work with ATK. O.o

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:42 AM   #6
Sandain

Default Equipment

Hello,

I would recommend doing Kael raids, to improve the overall standard of your equipment. During these raids get to ally CoV faction. If you have any spare pp, spend it on resist gear so you can start attending HoT raids.

If you get say, 4 k or so, but some SCHW or Sash of the Dragonborn. FBSS's should be outgrown by now.

The best gear comes from raiding. You could do far worse than a set of SS armor.

Sinadain 60 Rogue
Sandain 60 Cleric

Egat - "I have to agree with Hormadrune"
Sandain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:07 AM   #7
Ironskin

Speaking from a paladins perspective, I just picked up a windblade recently and i love it. It does some really great damage. The lowest i have seen them in the bazaar is 22.5K, and i have seen a few different ones at that price. Also if you get lucky and find someone auctioning one in the bazaar, you can probably haggle them lower than that.
He's got 15 bindles of cocaine tied up in a sack
Ironskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:56 AM   #8
zandos_soultaker

=================================
I would recommend doing Kael raids, to improve the overall standard of your equipment. During these raids get to ally CoV faction. If you have any spare pp, spend it on resist gear so you can start attending HoT raids.

If you get say, 4 k or so, but some SCHW or Sash of the Dragonborn. FBSS's should be outgrown by now.
=================================

Sandain~
I am on the CoV faction and hunt in Kael once and a while. I have 28K but what does SCHW stand for?

Ironskin~
How much did you pay for your wingblade? It would be great if I could get one for under 25K. I'll try and keep an eye out.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:14 PM   #9
Savya Ras

SCHW = Silver Chitin Hand Wraps
LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM
AC: +10 Str: +3 Agi: +3 Dex: +3 Magic Resist: +3 Fire Resist: +3 Cold Resist: +3 Poison Resist: +3 Disease Resist: +3
Weight: 1.0 Effect: Haste
Type: Permanent
Charges: Unlimited
Savya Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 04:13 PM   #10
Exarch Burro

Windblade has either stopped dropping or is now an ultra-rare drop. I havn't seen a single one drop in the past few days. Soooo..expect prices to be alot higher than what they were within a few weeks.
Exarch Burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 05:00 PM   #11
Hawkfist
Supporter

Two things:

RBG to replace the FBSS

Lodi Shell Shield to replace the Coterie cape

You should have a little change left over no matter which one you do... )
Hawkfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 08:32 AM   #12
Felixican

Barbed ringmail to replace the treeweave, i know, i know, it was hard to part with my weave too. But i did it, and for 5k-ish, i feel like a better person. And i get spattered all over the ground somewhat less.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:38 AM   #13
Baidieneriy

forget lodi shield....no HP = shitty for a warrior, pick up a Heirophant's Cloak, or Ancient Seahorse hide cloak.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:01 PM   #14
Ironskin

I paid 20k for mine. The drop rate was nerfed about 2 weeks ago i think, but there are still alot out there that people want to sell, expect the price to go up for a week or 2 because of all the nerf rumours with this patch. Then the price will come back down.
He's got 15 bindles of cocaine tied up in a sack
Ironskin is offline   Reply With Quote