Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > News, Polls, Rules and Feedback > Our Website > Request forum features

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2002, 09:19 AM   #1
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Default Guild Section

Have a section in the forums called "Guilds."

One forum will have the links, and one will be where folks can make a recruitment pitch for their guilds.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:43 AM   #2
Ogmuk
Administrator

I was thinking of putting all guids into a database and assigning 'guildleaders' vbulletin accounts to them. In the control panel people will be able to pick their Guild from a dropdown menu and a notification will be send to the guildleader that the user wants to wear the tag. He or she has the final word so people can't give themselves a tag of a guild that they aren't part of. The guildname could be shown under the username on this board, and it could be a hyperlink to the website of the guild.

How does that sound?
Old 11-14-2002, 11:11 AM   #3
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Good idea.

Also, make a page where folks can post a "Guild Add" request. You (or whoever the moderator is) would have final say in approving the addition. The person requesting the guild creation would have admin rights to that guild and to the member list (like you mentioned). You can also include a calendar that allows folks to "schedule" raids. These scheduled raids will have about as much weight as what's posted in "Dragons and Planes." Make another page for sign-ups to pickup raids. Hehe, I'm full of ideas.

I still think the guild needs a forum to post advertisements for guilds. I am starting a new guild and feel uncomfortable posting under general for unguilded recruits.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 03:55 PM   #4
Megaeros

Default Best idea to date

I think this is probably one of the best ideas to be added. A guild section would provide a nice consolidated place for unaffiliated players to look at guild information, for guilds to communicate with each other, and for smaller or newer guilds with no web page or forum of their own to use. Most larger guilds already have web pages and their own forums, but it can be very cumbersome to visit each individual guilds page (and some pages are guild-only viewing) to find the information.

On a related side note:
The information for mob/raid information is also a very important idea to add, and should be seperate from the guild information. Some epic or rare spawns do need a way of being identified to help people plan raids. I know some of this exists already, but it's not very concise.

Resilience

Megaeros Gix
retired
enchanter
Megaeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 08:49 AM   #5
Aeolwind

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind
Dope idea. I'm in the same boat as Martigan, open recruiting can turn into a massive bloody, headache quickly.

Semi-something, not-fully-nothing, could be anything

I have walked my way since the beginning of time. Sometimes I give, sometimes I take. It is my choice to know which and when.
Aeolwind is offline   Reply With Quote