Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > News, Polls, Rules and Feedback > Our Website > Request forum features


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2002, 05:56 AM   #1
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Bowels of Hell, A.K.A. New Jersey
Posts: 9,564
Default some suggestions

Please cut down the large number of useless forums, quite a few have been more or less inactive for months (years?).

Please add a poll option or at least have a poll forum.

Please remove post count. nothing more annoying than people post camping to increase their number.

Please add avatars but have strict rules. this is a good example http://pub146.ezboard.com/bthesafehouse#

Please have a non partisan (or as non partisan as possible) person to do the server news. it would be neat to have news on what mobs are being killed by whom and when .

Please can we have a "gallery" section where anyone can post a favorite EQ pic (can be 3 people killing orcs in WC for all i care ) as long as they host it themself and perhaps a restriction so you can only post 1 pic per account per week so things dont get too cluttered.
__________________
Chukzombi Astrocreep
Magister (re-united)
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:57 AM   #2
Ogmuk
Administrator
 
Ogmuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,334
Default Re: some suggestions

Originally posted by chukzombi
Please add avatars but have strict rules. this is a good example http://pub146.ezboard.com/bthesafehouse#
Setting rules on an ezboard like Safehouse does, does not work. I've experienced that first hand. For example, when a webadmin decides to change the picture that you've been using as an 'avatar' into something nasty, the moderators will have to delete all of your posts manually or turn the feature off entirely. With vbulletin on the other hand we can allow uploads of pictures, set a max KB that can't be exceeded, alter a users signature and each of his/her posts will get changed or just prune and wipe all the user's posts. Many features that makes moderation a lot easier than ezboard.

Originally posted by chukzombi [B]
Please have a non partisan (or as non partisan as possible) person to do the server news. it would be neat to have news on what mobs are being killed by whom and when .
Yup, was planning on that when we get the index of our site designed and running. We could even make it so that everyone is allowed to post news but that a moderator/administrator has to verify posts before they're publicly displayed.

Originally posted by chukzombi
Please can we have a "gallery" section where anyone can post a favorite EQ pic (can be 3 people killing orcs in WC for all i care ) as long as they host it themself and perhaps a restriction so you can only post 1 pic per account per week so things dont get too cluttered.
Something like that will likely be added later.

We're not altering the forum's code too much since it will be wasted when vbulletin 3 gets released. So for the first few months it's mostly graphic changes to this board, features will be added later.
__________________
Ogmuk <Da`Kor>
Ogmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.