Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2002, 08:29 AM   #1
Birren

Default xupiter

has anyone figured out to get this damned thing off your puter yet? its really, really, really irratating
Old 10-12-2002, 09:28 AM   #2
Tormarc Truelight

i went to their webpage, went to the customer service link, clicked on the uninstall link, rebooted like it said, then dragged the xupiter folder to the recycle bin.

after i got xupiter a few times in a night i decided to go with mozilla as a browser forget exactly what to do to the options with it but basically it stops like 95 percent of the pop ups.

i dont like it as a browser really as its a netscape clone i think and i hate netscape but for reading ezboards its cool, least till get some extra cash to make my account a community supporter.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:14 AM   #3
panidwenthedruid

Default What I Did

I searched my computer for anything with the name xupiter and deleted it all. I for one would not trust an uninstall program from a site who already has basically hacked your system and changed settings. I never agreed to install their toolbar yet all of a sudden I am getting error messages that it was improperly installed and then proceeded to crash every program I tried to run. It also changed my default website to theirs. I wonder if what they do is illegal.

Panidwen
Old 10-12-2002, 11:59 AM   #4
Aishen

Default Re: What I Did

omfg i thought i was the only one. h8 xupiter! h8! h8! h8!