Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 05:59 AM   #1
Gilgamel Avamar

Default Have you ever done something and.....

shortly after, you reallize it was a mistake. I just came back to the game. I played since Emarr came up, and quit 8 months ago. I was a ranger. I loved being a ranger. When I came back, I decided to try something new. I am now a shadowknight. At level 41 I reallized that I am simply playing the closest non-ranger character. So I have decided to start again. With a fungi and ok gear I figure due to fall break I can get him to where my SK is by early next week. My question is: Do you think it's worth switching, or should I just hang out with the SK and not redo all my leveling? Also any high level rangers tell me what has changed since Luclin came out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Gilg
Old 10-09-2002, 06:50 AM   #2
Ziktiny

If you want to play a ranger, I'd definately switch. Always play a class you feel you will enjoy the most. Don't look at the time getting your SK to 41 as an "investment". It should be looked at as what it was, just having fun.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:53 AM   #3
Garoan Swiftbolt

You will like a ranger again Gilg, once you get him up and getting some AA skills. Endless Quiver and Archery Mastery have made ranger's bows worth having on a raid.

We still fold like nobody else when we get hit, but we have maintained the ability to do damage, and it seems like if you stay smart, you can let the fat take the punishment.

So, in the end, if you liked your ranger before (of course you did, rangers rock) then you will like a ranger still. The role has not changed, and there are some new tricks to help us perform.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:06 AM   #4
Bubu DwarfEater

Default sks...

Gilg...If you want to play an SK can do why don't you just offer to pick bubu up off the current ownership...change his name if you like...I'd sleep better at night knowing that atleast someone who a clue was running him around.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:20 AM   #5
Gilgamel Avamar

Default Ok Mr. Ogre.

K Bubu, e-mail me with the specifics. Probably just going to remake Gilg, but I'd be interested in hearing more for sure. JPSke@hotmail.com. Thanks bro.

Gilg

PS: Anyone seen Gilg 2.0 lately? I'd like to talk to him but I have yet to see him online.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #6
Gurglespit Fruggybasher

Default Re: Ok Mr. Ogre.

you sound like me Gilg

I ended up just sticking with my SK until I got so bored that I just quit yet again.. only way I'd come back now is if gurgle v x.0 offered to relocate gurg to me.. and last time I talked to him he still liked him too much

so I suggest going back to what you love.. if you can stand the low levels again

Gurg v 1.0
Old 10-09-2002, 11:19 AM   #7
Xenevorash

level 41 is nothing, especially if you have a fungi and decent twink shiz.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:00 PM   #8
Nentin emar

gilg just make what ya wanna play i had to start over ima 47 monk now hehe.

name is frostfistt send me a tell ro soemthing mayble ill pl ya a little
Old 10-09-2002, 12:03 PM   #9
Purifyre

Default re:

If you are going to start over as a ranger you can take advantage of the greatest ranger improvement ever seen in EQ - you can re-roll as a HAFFER!!!!

rwarr
Old 10-09-2002, 01:50 PM   #10
Bulvyne

You know your class sucks when.... someone playing that class decides to ditch it for a RANGER!

Gilg, you should start your Ranger over TONIGHT! If playing a Ranger is where your true love is, then do what makes YOU happy!

The horror, oh the horror of it all!

See ya in game,

Bul

Old 10-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #11
Ghie

41 is nothing.

I would restart any character under 59 if I thought I would enjoy another class more.

The only time changing characters because another class is more fun is when you play your current level 60 character so well that no one will let you stop.

Really if you think another class is better suited to you start over.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:56 PM   #12
SileaEmarr

Default Ranger

Really Gilg 41 is nothing.

I will help with my Mad Wizard PLing skills. Damn is it hard to PL with a Wizard btw.

I never see your old char online see if you can get him back.

Silea
Old 10-09-2002, 04:05 PM   #13
Ojuillean

Default Re: Ranger

man I really h8 Bulvyne ><
Old 10-13-2002, 01:32 PM   #14
Arsdenyl

Default Re: Ranger

UI had the coolest rangers. =)

Gil
Chas
and whats her name =)