Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2002, 11:30 AM   #1
BlessingAngel001

Default Extremely long good bye post. I h8 you all =P j/k

When I first started as a mage by the name of Linare, I was in a guild that was made of friends and family. We shared our joys, sorrows, frustrations, pains, and suffering with one another. We were really close and soon we became a family in my eyes. The family consists of 8-11 people from all over the world. These were people that stood by me as I rose up and fell down. They were there to comfort me and share the pains and struggles that I went through. I never told them how much they meant to me. That is what I always regret. Not so long ago, 4 of the family members left the game and soon after the family started to fall apart. Everyone went his or her own way, joining uber_guild101 or just rarely playing anymore. I hated those that had left because they broke up the family. I hated them so much that I wish them to have suffered. I never understood why they did what they did until now. I look at myself today and realized what they did. It was their time and today it is my time. My time has come after 3-4 years of playing Everquest. So, I finally understood them after 2 years of hating them. It was their time and now it is mine.

I have met many people in the game afterwards and I started new friendship since then and many enemies afterwards. I have met many people from around the world of different shapes, sizes, ethnicity, intelligences, handicaps, etc. I even met 2 people, a mage that I met as Linare and a cleric that I met as Blessing, who were extremely jealous of me that they even went a step further to cause conflict and created a paranoid world for themselves(and no, they aren't me. So stop trying to twist my words =)). For those two, the vessel of good journeys that they seek will eventually end up in pain and sorrow for them until they find therapeutic and psychological assistances. So find some help before something bad happens. This is an advice coming from a caring person. =)

Many knew me as the crazy pulling cleric or the crazy pulling mage because I would pull even though my class was not meant to be a pulling class, especially in OS. I defied their beliefs and proved them wrong. I played with a passion and/or spirit. To be so bold, I will say that I was a great cleric and a great mage as I played with a passion and learned their abilities to their extent. I play to the best of my abilities.

This game was a learning experience for me. I started when I was in my teens and as many have seen teens these days, they are as messed up in the head as many were when they were younger in your time. I made a lot of enemies because of misunderstandings and whatnot. I apologize to those that I have wronged. I learned a lot about myself and how people are. I learned to better myself to a certain extent. No one is perfect and I will never reach perfection as a human being, but I am sure as hell that I will be better at being a person. I learned that a lot of people use games like EQ to escape reality because it hurts so much to deal with reality and to deal with pain they experience in reality. I learned a lot about human nature and differences of opinions.

Although this is a game of pixels and electrical currents, the people that play behind the game are real and they have real feelings. I treated this game more than a game because of them. Like many, I was addicted to the game. I started with the addiction of greed and now my addiction to the game that kept me going this long are the people that I have met, the people that have a place in my heart.

I lost the spirit to play EQ because of multiple reasons--- health problems, game play, time, drama, etc. This game is no longer fun for me and even my friends cannot keep me here anymore. The passion is gone and I can no longer play as I once did.

I will steal a phrase or paragraph from Bubu’s farewell post and add a bit of my own. “I will not name those that had associated with me because of fear of being prosecuted,” but I will always remember them for their kindness and deeds.

I will always remember the good times that I had with friends and family. The joy we shared and the guidance that you guys have given me on the path of life. These are memories that will always be cherished and never be taken away. I love you guys for being there for me, even the monkey who kept on telling me to take a break everyday. =P You guys are very special to me and that is something I will never forget.

I will be making a scrapbook of real life pictures and characters of people that I have met, so I can always remember their faces. If you are a friend of mine, send me an email at blessingangel82@hotmail.com. I will give you my real email and AIM so we can chat and have you guys send me your pictures. =)

I don't know what my life has in store for me, but I do know that I am going to finish college with a business major and enter Culinary Academy of California. Hopefully, I can open my own restaurant and serve poison to u guys =D j/k.

One day, I may come back. But I doubt it though.

It is my time.

P.S. a few quotes

“Power Corrupts” someone who was in the U.S. government

“With great power, comes great responsibility” Uncle Ben, Spider-Man

“tis a life we live, tis a world we hate, so let us die in peace and forget that we were ever awake” Linare/Blessing

P.S.S. I will be around for a few more weeks to get rid of everything. I made posts on the auction boards. Bargain and Item boards. Check it out.

P.S.S.S. My proudest moments were getting Linare and Blessing to 60 in a really short time and having them epic'd. The few proud achievements that I have were being the best I can be, the best cleric/mage I could be, and acquiring 1.7-1.8 million PP. Never though I would've gotten so much.

Old 10-07-2002, 11:38 AM   #2
thibble13

prosecuted??? screw that Blessing. You were the best damn cleric i've ever grouped with. I don't give a rats behind what anyone else thinks. Anyone who thinks otherwise never really got to play with you and made much much too quick judgements. Anyone that has anything bad to say about you can come over to my house. I've got a trusty ole Lousville slugger and colt 45 waiting for you. Finally, all I have to say is that too those that have pushed Blessing to leave a game that she loved to play, screw off. YOU CAN GO BLOW A DONKEY. Suffice it to say i'm pissed that other people have caused a dear friend of mine to leave something she loves.

Good luck to you Blessing, i'll keep in touch on aim with you like I have the past couple of months.

Dwynir- A true friend.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:57 AM   #3
Igota

Best of luck to you Blessing, I hope you can find what you are looking for in RL, and congratulations on getting out of EQ, it is a nice change of pace.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:13 PM   #4
Kemora Kementari

I even met 2 people, a mage that I met as Linare and a cleric that I met as Blessing, who were extremely jealous of me that they even went a step further to cause conflict and created a paranoid world for themselves.
LOL.. did someone cast Delusions of Grandeur on you before you posted this?

Old 10-07-2002, 12:17 PM   #5
Kelin1

that wasn't so hard to say now was it Linare (and you know damn well what im talking about), coulda told us the truth in the first place. Anywho, peace, have fun in RL. No this wasn't a flame, just been wanting to say it for a while.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:27 PM   #6
BlessingAngel001

Yes, it was a bit hard to say Kelin =P and thanks for your kind words. I really really never expected u to say nice things to me =)
Old 10-07-2002, 12:45 PM   #7
patric

Default bleh

Im kinda confused, are you the original crack smoking loot whoring train making Linare I knew? I've been told yes and no by different people. Hey if you are you did a good job shaping up cuz for a while I had no idea blessing=Linare.

See ya!
Old 10-07-2002, 12:50 PM   #8
GunnonHierophant

Default Goodbye Blessing

Sorry to hear you go, Blessing

It's always tough to see people whom I know quit the game. I can feel you on that one. like you said, it's just a game for people to escape from reality (at least most of the people are) and i'm sure's one of those zealots. Though it might not be a bad thing to change your pace if you are tired of this damn game. Anyway, I wish you the best and hope everything goes well for you. maybe sometimes visit us again.

and for those people who like to cause trouble, just backoff and get lost, because when a player leave the game, you wont hear from much ever again, just shut up and leave it be, dont show yourself as an ass or something and lower your own status. Because it's just very low.

Gunnon the Nobody

pardon my typo
Old 10-07-2002, 12:55 PM   #9
patric

Default .

Good thing im a low life nobody who doesn't care huh?
Old 10-07-2002, 01:13 PM   #10
Dauragon CMikado

Default Re: .

You sucked. Go home.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:18 PM   #11
Bodar the Mage

Default Re: .

Blessing / Linare

Thanks for being a friend.
Thanks for amusing me and always being there.
Thanks for trusting me with your dual identity.
Thanks for trusting me to transfer a gazillion plat.

I will miss you.

Yoora Mook / Bodar the Mage
Old 10-07-2002, 01:20 PM   #12
Kidin

Default Re: Blessing's farewell

Hail,

I'll miss your gentle touch in restoring my flattened carcass to fluffy furryness. Many times have you brought me back from death's door, though you may not remember me at all.

Thank you for your kindness, and safe journeys wherever you fare in life.

Take care,
Old 10-07-2002, 01:38 PM   #13
Basiliscus

Default Re: Blessing's farewell

Where to start...

Well I really didn't get to know you untill the past few months and although you hear stuff about people in game some good some bad, it's hard to judge what you hear based off other people's point of view. There are a lot of different personalitys in this game and not all of them mix well. We spent a lot of time talking in tells just about crap in game and a few RL things and you were very down to earth about it.

We share the same lack of patiencs for "stupid" people and although you are a bit quicker to speak your mind we could confront each other with our on dislikes with out either of us getting mad at one another. I enjoyed having you as a guildie and even more as a friend. I hope you find what you need while trying to escape EQ but I know our paths will cross again in some other game =P

I'm not very good at saying goodbye, so i'm going to leave it short or try to=P We'll miss you blessing and I hope one day you'll come back with that same passion about the game and frinds that you are leaving behind.

Basiliscus
Old 10-07-2002, 02:20 PM   #14
Ssetti

Blessing, sorry to see you go. Say hello sometime before you delete the chars.

I even met 2 people, a mage that I met as Linare and a cleric that I met as Blessing, who were extremely jealous of me that they even went a step further to cause conflict and created a paranoid world for themselves.
LOL.. did someone cast Delusions of Grandeur on you before you posted this?
Oh god ... the irony ... help, I'm laughing too hard to breathe

Ssetti
Old 10-07-2002, 02:24 PM   #15
Gulyenn Meerkat

Later blessing..I remember grouping with you in lguk when you were running around in the rubi legs (or red fine plate whichever)
Old 10-07-2002, 02:53 PM   #16
BlessingAngel001

Ssetti! I couldn't find your email =/
I want to / need to talk to u when u get a chance =)
Yes, I want to make out with you =O j/k hehe
Old 10-07-2002, 03:04 PM   #17
Kemora Kementari

I'm glad I could share the feeling with you, Ss.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:34 PM   #18
BlessingAngel001

Kemora, if your flaming go somewhere else.

And yes, I understood what you said and what Ssetti said. I am cracking up too =)

Old 10-07-2002, 03:44 PM   #19
Zeddi

Fun times Blessing... Thats about all I can say about EQ.. It was fun and all but.. blah.. No more... Glad to help you make your decision =)

Zeddi Zolander
60th Sorcerer of Erollisi Marr
Member of Radiant Eclipse
Old 10-07-2002, 04:25 PM   #20
Blytzz

Thanks for letting me click your amulet of necropotence (even if I did have to hand over my life savings + my soul just to touch it ) We had some fun in Sol B. Cya on the other side.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:37 PM   #21
BlessingAngel001

Did you actually say something nice about me Patric??
Old 10-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #22
Barrymore Yorke

It just isn't cool to flame someone, even obliquely, in their goodbye post, Kem. Please, think of the haffer children.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #23
Hammie

LOL....Patric isnt capable of being nice...its just not in him =)
Old 10-07-2002, 11:54 PM   #24
Charnicc

Hun,

First ... Slayerxx is back, but he never reads the boards. So, if you have a chance I'm sure that he'd really like to hear from you before you go. (Silentpaws is his favorite alt these days).

Second ... umm wow!
Although I haven't talked to you recently (erm ... due mainly to the fact that Char is on hiatus while I try to finish this damned degree /growls), I will remember with fondness our long talks about nothing in particular ... and everything in particular.
It was you who made the game fun for me when I felt that I couldn't continue.

Thank you for listening, thank you for sharing ... above all, thank you for your trusting friendship.

Take good care of yourself ... and you know that I wish you all the best!
(... and if you ever want to shoot the sh*t, you still have my e-mail address )

/big hug

Lady Charlotte
Old 10-08-2002, 03:23 AM   #25
Dwarkarn

Best of luck to you Blessing, I hope real life treats you damn well.