Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2002, 06:36 PM   #1
Sayain Aeroscar

Send a message via AIM to Sayain Aeroscar
Default First time Ranger questions

This is my first time playing as a Ranger, and i just wanted to know, since a ranger is a magic user and a good attacker, is there lots of equiptment that has magic and Good fighting stats on it, or will i most likely be mixing matching with AC/str and Magic stats Etc.?
Thanks
Sayain Aeroscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 07:00 PM   #2
The Earth Keeper

Send a message via ICQ to The Earth Keeper Send a message via AIM to The Earth Keeper Send a message via MSN to The Earth Keeper Send a message via Yahoo to The Earth Keeper
Default Twink or not twink?

Number one is AC higher ac less damage taken.

Number two is hitpoints more you have the less you die.

You dont get spells untill 9th level so dont worry about them untill then.

If your past 9th level but under 50 your spells arent all that great stick with ac and hitpoints. About that time your spells get pretty good start going for mana hitpoint items and even more ac.

Keep your skills trained in slashing blunt and piercing and practice with your bow often.
The Earth Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:24 PM   #3
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Paladins must have a secret ranger option built inside them... NERF PALADINS!! >.<

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:27 PM   #4
Sayain Aeroscar

Send a message via AIM to Sayain Aeroscar
Default Nah.

No, i'm not twinking my chars, just going to start off from scratch... I mean, I know what Ac and Hp is/are but, i just wanted to know if there were many items that boost up Both 1. A good amount of Intelegence and wisdom. And 2. Good amount of Ac, Str, Dex, Etc.
But i guess there is..because of the ranger only armor. But.. Thanks a lot for the info on the spells, I wasn't sure what level a Ranger first gets his spells at and what level they start getting good so...Thanks again..

Sayain Aeroscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:53 PM   #5
Jellybean
Jelly: It's what's for dinner

Send a message via AIM to Jellybean
Ok, Crom was close, but take it from the real thing:

#1 FIRST AND FOREMOST: You need hitpoints. That means +HP gear, STA gear, whatever you can get for hitpoints!!! As a Ranger your defense cap can screw up your AC, I know I had over 1300 AC (similar to lots of paladins I knew when I played) and I couldn't tank nearly as much as they could because of the HP and defense differences. Trust me, go AC.

#2 You need STR. Higher STR, higher ATK , and rangers are ATK machines.

#3 DEX, AGI are both nice to have.

#4 WIS... you'll really only need mana if you're in a funky group or for buffs, but you'll still need it.

I am the Ranger GOD!

"I hope you drown in this mess you make, of your self-inflicted hate. You turn your back on the friends you lose, when they don't follow all your rules. But people are what they want to be, they're not lemmings to the sea. Maybe it's time that you looked at yourself. Quit blaming life on someone else."
Jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 10:50 PM   #6
Felixican

interealms.com/ranger

Best place to get to know your new character. We're a hella lot friendlier than some class boards. Enjoy the ranger, we can be quite the fufilling class to play.

edit: stupid non-link parsing.....