Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
Emarr Orilzon

Default UI issues

Tried loading in my skin aftre the latest patch, keep getting this in the UIerror file:

[Tue Oct 15 16:14:20 2002] [Line:5 Source:UIFiles\shaman\EQUI_CompassWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CompassOverlay' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:19 Source:UIFiles\shaman\EQUI_CompassWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CompassStrip' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:33 Source:UIFiles\shaman\EQUI_CompassWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CompassStrip' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:132 Source:UIFiles\shaman\EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Tue Oct 15 16:14:20 2002] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

Tried replacing the files it shows, no dice, had someone send me the files they had (and worked with thier skin) no dice.

any ideas?

Orilzon Bhelliom
Shaman
Old 10-16-2002, 12:23 PM   #2
Mensha

I removed the EQUI_Animations.xml from my setup, and this worked for me. I will edit a new copy from the default folder for the changes i need later, but for now it only has a minor affect on me to not have it customized.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:29 AM   #3
Kerryn Darkwater

I've got to say but the idea of a customisable UI has been a resounding failure.

For the first few weeks people loved it, mods were coming out all over the place but now the best mods are obsolete because the people doing the programming are getting tired of all their work being for nothing everytime Verant patches a window.

I used to have a very nice buff box but the guy has announced he wont be remaking it this time. Same with my hotkey box, the guy says he will do it but not until PoP goes live because he's worried he'll have to do it again.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:16 AM   #4
Nogem

Most of the issues are with the Alarm clock and that now when other people buff you and the buff lands you sometimes make an emote. Someone gave me VoG and I drew back like a mob hit me

If you use VertMod the patch for it is here. Note that you may have to register in order to see the forum/thread.

Crypte X`Y
Assassin of A Twist of Fate
Old 10-17-2002, 01:48 AM   #5
RazerZedgeEmarr

I downloaded the fix for vert, but it made no difference.

I went into equi.xml in the default folder and deleted the inclue lines for alarm and loadskin windows, saved, and the skin worked after that.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:54 AM   #6
Ironskin

I've got to say but the idea of a customisable UI has been a resounding failure.

For the first few weeks people loved it, mods were coming out all over the place but now the best mods are obsolete because the people doing the programming are getting tired of all their work being for nothing everytime Verant patches a window.
No, it hasn't. Dont blame verant for people doing hack jobs with their xml. Just because a UI mod looks nice dosent mean the creator had any idea at all about what they were doing with anything other than photoshop... The main problem with UI mods is that people keep editing the EQUI_Animations.xml file in their mods. There is no reason at all for anyone to modify this file to make their mod. You also cant blame verant for people refusing to update their mods that they made, its not verant who is unreliable, its the skinner...

Do you also blame iD for all the crappy quake mods/maps that have been released?

Old 10-17-2002, 02:16 AM   #7
Kerryn Darkwater

No...and I don't blame Bioware for the crappy NWN mods or Raven for the crappy JK2 mods.

What I do blame Verant for is listing the files and a breakdown of those on their site, letting people build their mods around those files, changing the files and then removing their guide because it's obsolete.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:07 AM   #8
Ironskin

Which guide is this? The only docs i have ever seen are all still available. Also to be perfectly honest, a listing of the different ui files and what exactly they do, would be of minimal help. Assuming you have at least a minimal understanding of xml, once you read the docs on the data types its pretty obvious what each file is.