Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 07:27 AM   #1
Gurglespit Fruggybasher

Default this damn game

Been bored lately.. and thinking of coming back and messing around in this damn game. My question is.. how is the beastlord?? Are they a viable class?? Can they solo?? Are they useful in groups??

I played one to 9th level or so when they first came out.. then pretty much quit playing again.. but I have been toying with the idea of playing something again, and well I have done the warrior and SK thing, so all I have left is shaman or beastlord (gotta be a fatty! ) but I figure'd I'd ask about beastlords so I can decide which of the two to be.. I know shamans pretty well but really have no clue about the other.

Also, anyone else have some noobs out there... and if so look for me.. soon as I figure out what my name will be

Old 10-15-2002, 09:44 AM   #2
gonades

Default well...

They are good at soloing, atleast my 40 beastlord is in DL, with fungi staff, not much downtime. Dont plan on tanking though much, as they are rangers lacking some melee abilities < double attack> very fun class. I quit playing my BL though becuase Necros are just too much fun 8-)

--------------------------------------------
Bigtiny 41 gnome Warrior
Slower 21 Barb Shaman
Acetate 40 Dark Elf Necro < fun stuff >
Gonades 42 Vah Shir rogue
Treeslayer 46 Wood Elf Ranger
<*> 40 iksar beastlord
<*> 37 Wood Elf druid
And some other chars..who will remain anon 8-)

Old 10-15-2002, 09:12 PM   #3
Solathan Honorshield

Default Re: well...

Who can't tank much? With a mere AC my Savage lord can tank 5-6 blues at same time ( in karnors/HS/old world unslowed ) or 2 slowed ( in umpral plains! )

That beastlords can't tank is a myth!

Have a nice day!
Old 10-16-2002, 01:05 AM   #4
kdsktan

Default beastlords

They seem a pretty fun class to play, but I rarely see any at the upper levels and I think some people still aren't sure what role they fill exactly, so would tend to go for the more known classes. So if you like grouping for exp then you may want to play something else.
Bear in mind that monks are about to get hit with the nerf stick too.

Gulug
57 Myrmidon

Old 10-16-2002, 02:15 AM   #5
Ailarie

Default Re: beastlords

If you do return, look up a BL by the name of Bobkatt (I may be off on the spelling). I see him soloing in OS all the time, and as the highest BL that I know, he could probably give you some helpful information.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:15 AM   #6
Alethia or Celoria

Default Re: beastlords

I think the new BL Warder changes are going to effect the solo-ability of BLs in a HUGE way. One big part of a BL being able to be so successful at soloing is that their Warders lvl buff acted as a CH for the Warder.. Since with this patch the Warder lvl buff will only act as a summoning for the appopriate lvl Warder it will take out the Warder CH factor.

Warders still have hella damage output but taking away that CH is going to be harsh I think.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:29 AM   #7
Grammaw

Actually, the c-heal bug for BL really only helps between levels 22 and 49. Past level 49, the time to cast it buff spell makes it pretty unreliable. Additionally, it negates any HP buffs already on the warder. Thus, it is better to use the regular heals, which are pretty durn efficient anyway.

In truth this new BL warder change is going to be very helpful to we animal lovers. Being able to just pop out a level buffed pet with just one spell will be a great improvement. And I dun think I need to mention how freeing up a buff slot makes me happy =)

Old 10-16-2002, 07:30 AM   #8
Gurglespit Fruggybasher

hmm.. so groups don't really look for them?? or do they still manage to get in groups.. and what do they do in groups.. just damage?? they get any useful buffs at high levels?? Just curious is all

Thanks for the input all

Old 10-16-2002, 07:48 AM   #9
Adom Wraithbane

Default Dont bother with a beastlord now!

Gurg they modified BL this patch, read Stacy's post under Rants and Flames. I wouldnt even bother playing one now.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:02 AM   #10
Grammaw

<whispers> Pssst, take it from a level 58 beasty...this patch was nothing but gold for us. We got upgraded in a severe way. I mean *really* upgraded. Dun tell anyone though, I do so hate the competition for loot.

Old 10-17-2002, 05:27 AM   #11
Solathan Honorshield

Patch was pure bless...

Old 10-17-2002, 05:30 AM   #12
Suicidal Slayne

Your notice that the points Stacey whines on, are minor and exploits. Then there is the fact she's only 32. If your looking for the long haul, her post definately doesnt reflect anything worth while.

I enjoyed my beastlord, but since it was on another account I no longer have, I wont be remaking him. Went wizard this time since a friend was nice enough to let me use his account too make a twink on.

Figure this way, no one can be ride of me now ^_^