Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2002, 02:17 AM   #1
Smashgnome

Default Velious Newbie With Question!

Hello all,

Since I have spent an entire thirty minutes in velious in my entire EQ career (as I quit before Velious came out, and went there recently only to be stuck in "shortie town"), I have a question about Velious gem armor quests. Now let me get this strait, all I need to do is buy 3 gems, pay somebody has the SS or Kael plate piece I want, and I can complete the quest for velious armor? Also, do i need any sort of key to complete SS or Kael quests? Thank you in advance for your patience with this Velious newbie, and any insight you can offer.

-Meconan 60 War (Retired)
-Blubbie 54 Warrior/Trader
Old 10-17-2002, 02:31 AM   #2
Nogem

That's all you need and no keys. Although you can get a shrine key in SS to go from SS to CS and vice versa.

Crypte X`Y
Assassin of A Twist of Fate
Old 10-17-2002, 02:32 AM   #3
Nogem

Forgot to mention you also need proper faction. Need ally with kael or SS, wichever you do.

Crypte X`Y
Assassin of A Twist of Fate
Old 10-17-2002, 02:33 AM   #4
Keldarn

The two major hangups in getting the Velious quest armor are faction, and the rotted/corroded/umm...tarnished?(can't remember the third one). Gems are a cinch with the bazaar in now. The only faction I'm certain on is Thurgadin. You have to be high amiable (suggest warmly) to complete the quest. If you're multi-questing the armor, both parties have to have the needed faction.

Quick and dirty run-down on how to obtain factions:

Thurgadin faction - kill drakkel dire wolves, and frost giants of all kinds in Velious. (Storm giants inside Kael give only +CoV.

Kael faction - kill dwarves in Velious, also dragons. There are three different giant factions; Kromriff, Kromzek, and King Tormax. Not real sure how to raise all three at the same time.

Claws of Veeshan (Skyshrine) - Same as Thurgadin, kill copious ammounts of giants/wolves. (All giants / drakkel wolves give +CoV, just certain giants give more CoV than others.)
Old 10-17-2002, 02:45 AM   #5
Smashgnome

Default reply

Thanks for the info guys. Since most of Blubbie's my gear is decent (3cobalt, and Bezerkers BP) i'm shooting for Shyshine or Kael faction. Looks like a whole lot of dwarfs, dragons, giants, and wolves are going to have to die before this Ogre is seen as very warmly to any NPC lol.
-Meconan 60 War (Retired)
-Blubbie 54 Warrior
Old 10-17-2002, 02:55 AM   #6
Keldarn

Default Re: reply

Looks like a whole lot of dwarfs, dragons, giants, and wolves are going to have to die before this Ogre is seen as very warmly to any NPC
That depends. If you happened to have chosen Rallos Zek as the diety for your warrior, and haven't killed any giants/wolves, then you'll start out at dubious to both the 'riff and 'zek giants. Where everyone else starts out at threateningly. And in my experience (with CoV), getting from KoS up to just dubious is the longest trip...or seems like it.

With Claws of Veeshan though, I believe everyone starts out KoS.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:39 AM   #7
Carathos Ollathir

You pretty much can't raise Kromriff, Kromzek AND Tormax faction all at the same time. Usually the things that raise Tormax faction don't raise the other two and vice versa. I've found that killing dorfs and their wolves in GD raise both Kromriff and Kromzek faction, and killing pretty much anything in SS will raise your Kromzek faction (which is the only one you really need since the quest giants are on Zek faction). Bout the only reason you would need to raise Tormax faction would be to give him Dain or Yelinak's head.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:20 AM   #8
Suicidal Slayne

Actually you need High Kindly for Thurg armor. Ally for CoV/Kael.

Easiest way to get CoV faction besides hitting boss kael mobs, is sitting in the arena in my opinion. The hardest part is getting to dubious, from there you can get warmly in 4 hours. I've done it. It took me a couple days, 4-5 hours each run, to get to dubious. One Vindi slaying, which took us 4-5 hours from lack of people at the time, and I noticed I was warmly. I died several times, so I had plenty of time to check.

Boss hits of course help, but still, I think arena is the best way to go if you want CoV faction. Just need to get lucky and find a raid going on or something so you can leech some hits.

And welcome back.

~Slayne
Old 10-18-2002, 03:59 AM   #9
Shazanti

About Kael armor...

There are 3 factions in Kael. Kromrif, the bearded ones, who are more common on the EW side. Killing Coldain raises 'rif.

Kromzek, no-beards, start to be more common from the plaza on back to WL. ALL the armor-quest-givers are on KROMZEK. Killing dragons (dragonkin, anything in Skyshrine, etc.) raises 'zek.

The last faction is King Tormax himself, and the few buddies he's got on his faction.

All classes (barring shaman I believe, who have another faction mob near their quest giver) can get back into the quest room even if they're KOS to all but Kromzek. You just have to be careful (and hug the right wall).

It is also possible to be non-kos with Coldain and both 'rif and 'zek. Simply raise your 'zek via killing CoV aligned mobs until you can turn in Coldain heads to Captain Bvellos...then buy a ton of Coldain heads for turn ins. You can also turn in heads to the Kromrif Recruiter near the EW zone, if you have 'rif faction, but the faction hits aren't nearly as big.

If you go with SS armor, just kill massive amounts of giants. The higher the level, the better the faction hit..so loads of greenies or a few stints in a Kael Arena group. Claws of Veeshan is the ONLY faction you have to worry about in Skyshrine...everything there is on that one faction barring Lord Yelinak himself, and he's in his own room rooted in place...you can even go in there and say hi to him if you're KOS without fear. Just don't get TOO close

Kael armor comes from West Wing Temple of Veeshan, and SS armor comes from Halls of Testing (East) wing ToV. Thurgadin armor comes from Kael (the Arena is a good drop spot).

Good luck & happy factioning!
~Shaz
Old 10-18-2002, 07:55 AM   #10
Huksh02

Blub,

I can probably get a factioning group going for the arena this weekend. I know another person in our guild needs to raise SS as well..talk to me in game.

Huksh