Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
Hammie

Default Cleric solo'n tactics and methods.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. I've tried solo'n some but not much because its hard to find places that I can solo safely. If some other clerics could suggest where to go, what spells they have up when doing so etc etc , I would be very thankful ! I'm working on getting my AC up , I know this is part of the problem ( 877 AC unbuffed) but I am working on the rest of my Skyshrine armor so hopefully that will help.

Post up your suggestions !!

Thx guys.

Hammie.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:13 AM   #2
Hoppkins

Cleric solo is boring and slow.

The grey is good for it tho.

Mark of retribution + hammer pet + proc hammer + yaulp + undead dot = dead mob eventually

But seriously....get ANY other class....ANY AT ALL and you will kill faster and get more exp.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:26 AM   #3
Greywolffe

/agree Hoppkins

Grab anybody else and it makes it much faster. I usually group up with a shaman friend and we've done TG on several occassions. Also alien hill in ME. It's not the fastest xp you'll ever get but it definately beats the hell outta soloing.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:37 AM   #4
Kalrie Healingmirth

dunno if you're asking about melee, nuking, or just whatever is the best path to the most exp.

melee-wise, I did 70% or so of my skill building in fg on shrooms, but I'm reasonably sure you can't single-pull those (easily) til 60. They don't hit all that hard (my defense was already maxed, self-buffed ac a bit over 1000, your mileage may vary)

celestial elixir, remedy, complete heal, MoR, Hammer pet, DA, DB, yaulp V. I hate having to swap spells around midfight.

If you've got sufficient mana regen, drop a heal or an invul for judgement. If you scare easily or you're in a dungeon, drop something for root.

I haven't found any undead worth the effort to melee solo.

I try root-rotting undead every once in a while (most recently drudges and bats in ME, its too bad all the undead but the Lord in LGuk are light blue now ) but honestly I don't like soloing all that much, its just something I do when I can't commit to a group.

I spent the last few days root-nuking (ha) in skyfire (rawr light blue exp). if you feel the need to root-nuke, bug a mage for a damage bracer, it is so completely worth it (possibly a quick-cast ring as well, depending on how well you channel)

I highly recommend having a pet snarer over soloing any day.

Old 10-16-2002, 05:34 AM   #5
BarrelriderBones

Default My Solo Skillz

Since they added the new hammer spells and Yaulp 5 i have been soloing in FG time to time when i cant get a group. My hp is 3391 self buffed and ac is 1199 self buffed. Basically pull a shroom with MoR, cast yaulp when needed, hammer pet, and 1 or 2 stun spells and A heal in between, i keep up DB at all times in case of EMG.

If you have the higher lvl Undead dots such as Epitah of Life which does 750 you can solo Bats in ME on the big hill near the ME/DS zone< guess they call it alien hill? > Its decent exp but FG is better overall in my eyes.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:04 AM   #6
Hammie

Default Re: My Solo Skillz

Sorry it took me so long to answer back.
Thx alot guys for your suggestions, I will make sure to try them all to see what works best for me. I have been stuck in my last blue to 60 for almost a week now. Raids, or slow XP keeps getting in the way. I hope to get it in the morning =)