Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2002, 05:32 AM   #1
Riffstro

Default Little CBC thing about EQ

cbc.ca/consumers/market/media/everquest_qt_021015.html
Old 10-17-2002, 08:38 AM   #2
Daveena

Yeah, I watched it when it aired on Tuesday night.

I think the shrink needs some help getting the words EverCuhcuhcrack out =)

Woolley is a nutcase herself and seems to be addicted to her own website.

Worth a watch anyways.

Will be interesting to see the 48 Hours program this Friday.

Old 10-17-2002, 09:37 AM   #3
Blytzz

The only people that get addicted are the ones that already have problems in thier lives. You could agrue that it is better that they get addicted to a game than real drugs.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:43 AM   #4
Kidin

Hail,

Thanks for the link. I don't watch much television, but I did want to see that.

Take care,
Old 10-17-2002, 11:45 AM   #5
Tormarc Truelight

that mother is just bitter that she didnt do more to help her son, now she can help others! Everquest is addicting to some, but not to all, i would say it depends on the style of play. as for it being the cause of someones death, well, thats pretty big stretch. was a good video to watch.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:05 PM   #6
Martigan

Her son probably had a meager social life, then tried to create on in EQ. Maybe that fell apart and he figured he didn't "fit" anywhere. It's a harsh world out there and in eq because you are dealing with people.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:28 PM   #7
Charnicc

Hmmm ... kinda sounds like the 'witch-hunt' that unfolded around Dungeons and Dragons during the late 70's, early 80's.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:44 PM   #8
PuffinEM

I find it interesting that the word Patches was on the tomb stone of the guy that killed himself.

P B & J

Old 10-17-2002, 08:02 PM   #9
Seering Heatwave

hehehe how many people wanted to watch it but didnt cause they didnt want to log off eq.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:06 PM   #10
Fyrwalker

I'll be the first to admit that I'm quite addicted to this game. But I think that anyone who has any sort of addiction needs to be able to recognize when addiction turns to obsession.

Whether her son was obsessed or not.. only he will know. The only person responsible for his suicide is himself. He obviously wasn't in touch with himself.

When is the 48 hours thing on? time as well if anyone knows?
Old 10-17-2002, 09:23 PM   #11
Aishen

I'm antsy to see the 48 Hours bit tomorrow, too. Foofoobard, check your local listings at the TV guide page. Alls I know is it's in the evening.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:41 PM   #12
tinamas01

what i find funny is there was a time everybody was worried about that dam tv addiction. watch out it will rot your brain.
lol
Old 10-18-2002, 03:09 PM   #13
Emarr Orilzon

Yup, Tv addiction. RolePlaying addiction was D and D for a long while (OMG, SATANS GAME! /gasp!) now people have something else they can blame other then themselves and the person who actually killed themselves. Gee, if that was the case, we would be responsible for our actions!! ..nah, its better to find a scapegoat then addmit we have a problem with ourselves.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:31 PM   #14
Azraelwrath

Yeah it is addicting. I quit when my friends started hooking me up with starcraft. Then I realized how lame it was and I needed a life.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:12 AM   #15
Ghia Stormwolf

I thought that Patches thing was odd too. I noticed it said patches on the bottem of his grave marker. Didn't it say somewhere in the story that was his cat when he was a child?

So what did they do like dig up the cat that had died and then bury the dead cat with him. Or did they kill his cat and then bury it with him.

Either way talk about wierd! Seems maybe the mental illness the son suffered from might have perhaps been an inherited mental problem.

I loved how they showed the mother there crossing herself as she prayed....Gee how sweet they tapped her praying on TV.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:05 AM   #16
Chukzombi

Damn, didnt see Ghias post. we think alike .
Be afraid be very afraid .
Old 10-19-2002, 07:51 PM   #17
Ghia Stormwolf

Lol Chuk, I just got around to looking at the R and F board and saw your post and was laughing came over here to see when I posted mine. Both posted within like 15 minutes of each other scary.