Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2002, 07:53 PM   #1
Teargiver Crystalwind

Default AC2 Beta Account, anyone have an extra?

I recently downloaded AC2 Beta from Fileplanet.com on a friends file planet account.. and, well.. we didnt know we'd get the same account.. =P

Anyone have a beta account they dont play anymore, that I could possibly use? It would be a great help, as I wouldn't have to download 555 MB again. =)

Thanks for reading! =) If you can help, just send me an E-Mail at Mala-kiteAquab-laze@hot-mail.com ( Make sure to remove all the -'s )

Teargiver Crystalwind ( Retired )
Old 10-17-2002, 08:30 PM   #2
Nocte

I'm in line to download it as we speak! Christ, the queue is longer than the download I think.

Looks pretty sweet from what I've seen. If I can log in and actually play, I'll be joining the exodus.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:40 PM   #3
Teargiver Crystalwind

Default =)

Don't get too excited. So far I've seen this many NPC's:

There arent any vendors, or difficult monsters so far. But the worlds huge... Mayeb the towns I've seen are just the ruined ones you need to rebuild.

Quests are really.. wacked right now. I found an elixir on a monster.. and got a quest from drinking it. It was very dramatic! Kill 10 edge beetles! =p

Ahhh... I'm still in line downloading too.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:49 PM   #4
Teargiver Crystalwind

Default ...

If you don't have anyone else to play with Nocta, feel free to come hang out with me and a few friends. I'll be starting out as level 1 and I can explain the interface and such to ya.

We're on server Red, using the Canyon Park database.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:15 PM   #5
TheClericBanton

Default Re: ...

There are NO Vendors in AC2, Every item will be crafted till the world is rebuilt. That is why you see all the ruins.

The world dynamically changes on how the quests are done throughout its time.

I have been playing the Beta for sometime now and i love it. The game is such a change from EQ, No longer must i sit in one stop to xp, hehe

Dont know if its worth leaving EQ tho, Its good but not great. World of Warcraft looks better
Old 10-17-2002, 09:51 PM   #6
Teargiver Crystalwind

Default Banton =)

Well, so far I've seen very little challenge. I don't mind 0 vendors really.. but what is gold used for?

Are there any very challenging area's? So far all I've seen are a monsters spaced far enough apart to single pull them...

How are the dungeons? I really need to look into it more.. but so far I'm unimpressed, other than the worlds size.
Old 10-18-2002, 04:47 AM   #7
Nocte

Default Re: Banton =)

I'll look ya up Teargiver. I should be on tonight... gave up last night and went to bed... started the download this morning before work.

It was my understanding that there were to be no vendors as Banton said. As for NPCs and monsters, I would imagine that a lot of the "cool" content is being saved for the big "go live" patch where they introduce more of the story. From reading their boards it seems "monster density" seems to be one of the biggest gripes from the testers.

It appears that they've removed and polished a lot of the much ballyhooed EQ time syncs, though that may not be good if they made it too easy.

Are they doing a character wipe prior to going live? Haven't had a chance to research much of the beta program yet.

I really don't want to leave EQ, but I can't shake this crash to desktop problem. I've tried all the fixes and nothing works... not even the old ui. It's one of those bugs that have Tech support and CS stumped, so they've stopped responding to mine and others requests for help.

At least the withdrawals have stopped and my hands don't shake so bad . Need a new fix.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #8
TheClericBanton

Default Re: Banton =)

God is used to make equipement. I have found acouple dangerous dungeons. But mainly my lvl 25 character can own it all till they go live with the stronger mobs.

Old 10-20-2002, 11:16 AM   #9
Fozzul Silverscale

After having played eq for over 3 years its a nice change of pace and to me its really fun. I kind of like the no npc's.

As for quests there are more than just the few drink an elixer and kill a number of mobs, some give insane exp and some have some nice items and are really fun to do. The vaults(dungeons that tell a bit of the story at the end) are very well done and look and feel like a dungeon and are a nice chunk of exp for completing them. They are still balancing the exp from them, they used to give so good exp you could go from lvl 20 to near lvl 40+ just from the vaults making it a bit too easy.

The low lvls (1-15) are pretty painless and not hard. But when you start getting to the 20+ stuff it gets tougher. There are 2 classes of mobs in the game, solo mobs and group mobs. Solo mobs are fairly low on hp and let the solo players get exp at a good pace. Then there are the group mobs which some can kill a solo player just by sneezing at you. They have a lot more hp and hit harder than the solo mobs yet give more exp. It can be a fun challange to a solo player to try to avoid the group mobs and get solo ones as they are mixed in with one another most times.

Got an archer up to 28 and having a blast. I both solo and group and like the coice of doing whatever i am in the mood for. And my oh my the graphics look nice!

Overall I am really having a blast and aside from a few minor problems I have with it(chat and crafting might need a lil work still) I am really considering buying it when it goes live. Will give me some good fun till SWG comes out. It just might give me a reason to cancel my eq account as I have pretty much burned out and no longer have fun but I just dont have the heart to do it yet with all I have put into it.