Old 10-17-2002, 04:40 AM   #1
Kamakasi Battlemaster

Default 11 Sniper Victims.....

9 of them died.

=

Kama

Old 10-17-2002, 05:42 AM   #2
Alethia or Celoria

I think it's stupid it took so many victims, Sniper on their 9th victim I believe which was a little kid, before they actually got serious about trying to catch him. It's like "Oh there is some person out killing people at random we should really try and catch him." *child gets mortally wounded but lives* "OK guys lets go out and catch this sorry mofo!!"

Makes me sick.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:54 AM   #3
Revellion reborn

He does it while at work.......

At least its what i think
Old 10-17-2002, 06:14 AM   #4
Chukzombi

Hes been spotted and still hasnt been caught.
That says 2 things
Hes very stupid for letting himself be seen even though a sniper sole purpose is murder from immunity of detection. thats why you have a high power rifle. Also hes using the Death card of the Tarot and anyone who knows a little about the occult knows the Death card does not mean death.

The investigation are a bunch of idiots if they cant catch this guy already, hes been spoted , his van or whatever has been spotted, hes working within a certain radius and hes getting sloppy.

I get the feeling nobody really cares about catching him and this guy wants to be caught if he allows himself to be seen.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:16 AM   #5
Cassaendra

When I first heard about this (victim 1 or 2 before the boy in school), I figured the guy was probably doing this to toy with/taunt the cops. I commented some time later rather cynically that the guy probably doesn't attack on weekends because he's stuck on raids all weekend or on CS/SoF.

Maybe I watch too many movies...or play SoF with my husband too much.

Still a very sad and at the same time frightening/maddening situation. We can't even feel safe walking outside or doing anything. Someone out there probably wants us to live in a police state or something. *growl*

Old 10-17-2002, 08:34 AM   #6
Elnots Sadnes

I listen to the Mike Savage radio talk show often, and he was talking about this the other night and it makes me think..

Police Chief Moose is an ass. And he can't even speak English correctly. His main objective in this is to NOT HURT ANYONE's feelings! he doesn't want to release a racial profile even though they've seen the guy because it might paint bad looks upon said racial community!

They instead tell us about his van and hope that's enough for us to catch the @#%$.

Ultra tolerance will be the end of this country, I tell you that.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:48 PM   #7
Darue Ivywood

edit <eh ..your right zol..prolly not the best place to prove a point>

Old 10-17-2002, 03:23 PM   #8
Zolmaz Zo Boto

Default ...

Your off topic Darue Ivytroll.

I also listen to Savage.. Hopefully more people will..

I have a hundred thoughts on this topic but ATM im to poed
overr the bungling idiots investigating this case.

Btw they so have surveillance photo's of the suspect's vehicle but they are refusing to
release the info they have due to Ignorance and improper
investigation tactics. Which may also lead
to Bad court drama's when and If this Person is caught..
And allowing this person to keep going..

Oh.. and the Media ? Damn the Media.. I blame them for taunting this killer and getting that
child shot.

Zolmaz.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #9
Darue Ivywood

Default Re: ...

sorry for the troll..just provin a point is all.

as for the topic..

IMO this case will never make it to court even when they do find him.

why? because if this nut job is as whacked as he appears to be, he prolly has a 9mm at his side and if he is settin up someplace or leaving a scene and knows he is surrounded...chances are he will use his sidearm on himself.

I honestly dont think they will ever know *why* he did it, unless they follow him home and tear his door down in the middle of the night not allowing him the chance to off himself.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:32 PM   #10
PuffinEM

Hes very stupid for letting himself be seen even though a sniper sole purpose is murder from immunity of detection. thats why you have a high power rifle.
As you said later in your post, he is getting sloppy.

The investigation are a bunch of idiots if they cant catch this guy already, hes been spoted , his van or whatever has been spotted, hes working within a certain radius and hes getting sloppy.
I would not go so far as to say the investigators are stupid. This guy, or guys, is most likly doing a bit of intel on his target areas. He knows about the opfor. Knows their response times and tactics.

Btw they so have surveillance photo's of the suspect's vehicle but they are refusing to
release the info they have due to Ignorance and improper
investigation tactics.
Look at this as a high stakes poker game. You don't tip your hand unless you want to loose or want to come away from the table with pennies.

he prolly has a 9mm at his side and if he is settin up someplace or leaving a scene and knows he is surrounded...chances are he will use his sidearm on himself.
They are not going to kill themselves, they are going to kill who ever they can get their crosshairs over. The fight will run until the local SWAT or FBI HRT snippers get into position and take them out with long guns. Only 2 ways to get a snipper, IMHO. Either by indirect fire, artillary and the like, or a counter snipper team.

P B & J
Old 10-18-2002, 03:15 AM   #11
Cassaendra

I would be surprised if the police don't just kill him/them, even if surrendering unarmed.

Old 10-18-2002, 03:31 AM   #12
Hoppkins

Ya Cheif...SERIOUSLY....he just um..tripped and he fell on that rock over there....6 times!!!!

It was horrible I tell's ya!!!

But really what a nut. I would really love to know why he is doing it. Im sure people will reply "Cos he is sick, a @#%$ etc"

But people dont just go out with a rifle and shoot and people seemily indistrimitaly.

He seems quite professional and intelligent.....to evade the police so long.

He needs to be stopped.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:54 AM   #13
Cassaendra

As far as Moose being an ass...he really appeared like an ass on an interview I saw a week or so ago on CBS. Yes, reporters are trying to get soundbites and want TOO much information, as well as him being first and foremost a law enforcement officer...but this guy needs to be trained in public speaking if this is part of his job. He makes himself look like a d!ck with his terse and insulting remarks. Otherwise, there needs to be a spokesperson/mediator between the press and law enforcement on this one. Sheesh.

Old 10-18-2002, 07:36 AM   #14
Hymdall

I guess the authorities are all back to square 1 now, the witness that saw the sniper...he didn't, he lied.

These statements from Monday's "witness" have all been discredited:

1. That the sniper was only 30 yards away when the shot was fired
2. That the sniper is a male and had olive skin color
3. That a cream-colored van was used in the escape
4. That the sniper used an AK-74 rifle, stepped out of a van, put the gun to his shoulder and then fired
5. That a partial license plate number was reported

They're planning to charge the witness with giving false information.

Some more developments, The ACLU is trying to determine if the use of military personnel and equipment is a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

"Posse Comitatus Act, an 1878 law prohibiting the military from direct involvement in civilian law enforcement." Though amended several times since 1998, several statements have been made to the illegality of military involvement in the hunt for the sniper.

My personal thoughts: The investigators, while needing to keep the public informed, have tipped thier hand. The sniper knows they are looking for the white "box" truck, he seems smart enough to ditch the truck and change. If he is a trained sniper, then he is an expert at adapting to situations and changes.

The investigators got extremely gung ho Monday with all the false information they were fed. Alot of hopes were sky rocketed because of this information. I can't really fault them here though, it's just pathetic that some ass has to do that for attention or whatever.

The media is most definitely feeding his ego. Giving the report a sensational name doesn't help. Sniper on the Loose, Terror in the Capital, etc... Instead of calling him what he is, a sociopathic piece of @#%$ coward, let's give him some movie style super title, I'm sure that won't swell his ego any. While the media may not be directly responsible for his action, they sure as hell aren't helping.

Old 10-18-2002, 10:11 AM   #15
Maltzeform

Another reason they aren't giving out descriptive details or a profile is that there is a group of vigilante's that think he is giving gunsmen a bad name. I'll agree with them there. However their solution has been to go out looking for him with, yes high powered rifles, and to top it off some of them were wearing ski masks so if the sniper saw them they wouldn't be recognized. Methinks this is NOT gonna make the police effort easier, and these guys may actually be given gunsmen a worse name than the sniper.

Ritt
Old 10-18-2002, 10:50 AM   #16
Ghia Stormwolf

I think its some person with a family and a job. Most likely at home with the family all weekend. With a job that is high enough on the totem pole that they can be out of the office/work place at odd times without being missed.

It seems clear they have some fairly serious sniper training. I also doubt we will ever really know why they have done this. I am glad I don't live out there I would be scared to leave the house and and wouldn't be sending my kids to school.
Old 10-18-2002, 04:00 PM   #17
Darue Ivywood

I dunno...im with what was said on AMW (america's most wanted) last night ..special edition thingy..

with the information thats available, I dont believe he is a military trained sniper either.
Anyone could potentially do this with a little practice at a target range.

hunting at age 16, i was able to bullseye repeatedly at 200yards with a .243 and a high powered scope. He would be a piss poor sniper as two people lived. remember, 1 shot.. 1 kill. No more, no less. And picking unsuspecting people off would make that even easier.

Besides, a trained sniper is good for much farther than this guy is said to be shooting from. Im sure he knows the area quite well, what streets lead to other streets and highways, but I also believe thats really all he has going for him. I would dare say he has a family, or else why would he stay within the radius of which he is. Why not really elude authorities and move randomly across the country.
(which IMO a trained sniper would do)

I, and sure many others, really hope they catch this guy alive to at least see why. But as stated earlier, dont think its gonna happen.

Old 10-18-2002, 04:13 PM   #18
TheClericBanton

1 shot.. 1 kill. No more, no less. And picking unsuspecting people off would make that even easier.
You also forogt the line, no women no children, but he doesnt seem to be following the rules.

I have to agree it doesnt seem the police is really putting such a strong effort into this. The sniper himself probably isnt a trained professional but he could be and maybe injured some of his targets intenionally. You dont know what this man is thinking, but what we do know is that hes a sick individual.
Old 10-18-2002, 04:18 PM   #19
PuffinEM

It seems clear they have some fairly serious sniper training.
The shooting he is doing is short range, 30 to 100 yards, and is easily mastered with a little practice. A decent weapon, optics and ammo will also increase his proficiency. The intel side can be learned from any number of books, websites or even a Federal Depository Library. If he is a hunter then he will already have the field craft under his belt.

The skills that these guys are showing are easily learned. Anyone of you probable knows a person that can pull this off.

P B & J
Old 10-19-2002, 08:07 AM   #20
Elnots Sadnes

It's funny how you mention how he must have sucked to have not killed two of his targets..

9 dead, 11 shot. And no new ones so far..

I think he's done. I think it's true that he wanted to do 9-11.

But we'll see.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:40 PM   #21
Dwarkarn

Hes very stupid for letting himself be seen even though a sniper sole purpose is murder from immunity of detection. thats why you have a high power rifle.

No he isn't stupid at all, I would fit this guy into the "serial killer" category and with most serial killers as they go along they try and leave more clues as to who they are, not because they get sloppy it's because they do actually wa
Old 10-20-2002, 03:16 AM   #22
Elnots Sadnes

Well I was wrong, reading in the paper it appears he has a 12th victim now, and that he's moving away from the lock down area slowly.

I wonder when he's going to be finished... and I'm thankful to God this isn't happening in Houston.
Old 10-20-2002, 03:24 AM   #23
Dwarkarn

No he isn't stupid at all, I would fit this guy into the "serial killer" category and with most serial killers as they go along they try and leave more clues as to who they are, not because they get sloppy it's because they do actually want to get caught.....

That was what that @#%$ up @#%$ I posted was meant to say.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:56 PM   #24
yumten101

Default My views...

Well I was watching some news show on TV and cases like this have happened before. Like this one guy he would go out and snipe people that were hunting in the woods. He use to pick up his shells just like this guy also. What eventually happened to this guy is that he confessed. They had a psychological profilist guy on there. He was saying that people like this go out and kill and kill and eventually get bolder and bolder as they kill more. Then they either A) Give up and turn themselves in or B) Keep giving themselves away and eventually get caught. I believe this guy wants to be caught. I also think that killing has become like a habit you know. Like smoking he kills and kills but eventually he is gonna want to stop but can't. Maybe im wrong but just what I think.