Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2002, 05:09 PM   #1
PrincessRazz

Default Everquest Widows (48 hrs)

Watching 48hrs tonight as they talked about addictions and how EQ is one. Well i would have to say they couldnt be closer to the truth. Hell yes EQ is addicting and it will suck you in just like a big fat line of toot or a hit of crack.

I know i sat in front of this computer for over 2 years day in and day out playing EQ i missed many days of work and i am sure many of you have to. How many of you know people who neglect home life (husbands,wifes,kids) or have lost their jobs over the game?

And for the guy who killed himself in front of EQ well i cant say it was the games fault cause he was probably a little wacked in the first place but hell i know my feelings have been hurt and i have been really pissed off about @#%$ on the game. But i would have to say to his mom it was something much bigger then EQ to make him blow his brains out.

I guess what i am getting at is that people who say that EQ isnt addicting need to wake up and look around because it sure the hell is. Now maybe most of the people who play can do it on occasion but their are hundreds who probably need something major to happen for them not to play for long periods of time. And it is sad that people need a support group such as Everquest Widows to help them get threw a day couping with their loved ones and EQ /em shakes her head.

I loved EQ and my friends i met here but i am glad i could get away from it and give RL a try cause its pretty dam good. LOL i guess i am not to far away from it i still read these boards daily but hell i dont miss work over em. I am not saying gameing is bad but its just like any thing good you have to do it in MODERATION!! And i hope when Star Wars comes out i can practice what i preach.

Razz 1.0
Old 10-18-2002, 05:16 PM   #2
TheClericBanton

You know there is a discussion about this news report already right? Here

Old 10-20-2002, 04:28 AM   #3
Dwarkarn

You know something is only addicitve if you are weak minded and get addicted to it don't you? Dont blame Everquest for being addicted blame yourself, after all I don't blame cigarettes for the fact that I smoke 30 a day, I blame myself for it.

Old 10-20-2002, 11:30 PM   #4
Hoppkins

Try pitying those of us who live in areas where there is f**k all else to do after work than play EQ until the weekend.

/cry
Old 10-21-2002, 02:11 AM   #5
Dwarkarn

Try pitying those of us who live in areas where there is f**k all else to do after work than play EQ until the weekend.
So in your area there is no Masturbation, Alcohol or drugs? Shame on you!

Old 10-21-2002, 03:58 AM   #6
Valrus Delkor

Default hmm...

Well EQ is additive, I have never been addicted to anything in my life, ive tried to quit 9 times (actually way more I just only remember 9) But like Hoppkins said, some of us have absolutely nothing to do in our states, mine theres umm.. go to friends house watch them play D&D get pissed cause they do nothing else.. go down town and watch the illegal street racing get caught by police as an accesory to racing illegaly.. then go home feed your dog and play EQ til you have to go to work..

So, um anyone live in the San fransico area and looking for a room mate? need to get the F out of nebraska!!!! Dear god I hate this place PLEASE! will do anything!!!! err..... *looks around* oops...

~ Me
Old 10-21-2002, 06:19 AM   #7
dalanon fadon

Default or...

thats not true hoppy, you could always call americans and harass them.......
dal