Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2002, 10:29 AM   #1
thibble13

Default Speedy Grand Master Tailors

Was just wondering how long it took people to get to grand master tailor?

Dwynir
Tailoring - 36 ......10 minutes
Old 10-18-2002, 07:45 AM   #2
Aabe88

ROFLMAO (gasps, can't breathe)...

(edit) Ok, after re-reading your post, I need to clarify. If you are suggesting that Tailoring seems easy because you got to 36 skill in 10 minutes, then my laughing is applicable. If you did not suggest that, then I offer you this response: VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME! There are currently only a handful of 250 skill Tailors on EMarr. I can think of only 3 atm (plus one more almost there - GO Jvani!), there are probably more.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:27 AM   #3
thibble13

the 'Tailoring -36 10 minutes' was a joke. The question was simply so I could see about how long It would take me to reach GM.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
Dreadwolfff

Long ..long time .

Huntuing the skins , silks etc at the higher end takes forever

Old 10-19-2002, 07:46 PM   #5
Araya LeBon

Supposedly it's hella easy to the point that GM tailors are crying for it to be nerfed now after this last patch.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
Siilverain

The skill-up rate was not increased *that* much seriously. If you do a 100 combines at once, sure you'll notice a moderate difference from 1 skill-up every 30 to 1 skill-up every 25.

But to answer your question, it is *the* hardest skill and it will take you tons of time - regardless of how much money you have. You can only click so many times per minute.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:15 AM   #7
Alethia or Celoria

Getting to 158, Wu's trivial, is a cinch if you have the distilled mana's made up by someone already. It's after that that it gets hard.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:31 AM   #8
Desbarolis

Default ...

I recently did tailoring to 156, and I'll tell you, it kicked my ass.

You can hit 76 tailoring in a very short period of time -- maybe an hour, 2 tops -- by one means. Once your at 76, you'll wanna do some of the leather recipes.

At around 85-90ish, start doing crystalline silk stuff. You can farm it in crystal caverns, and it takes you up to like 115. 115 to 125ish cna be done with HQ pelt recipes. 125-158 is wu's, which is normal silk's from old-world.

All in all, hitting 156 tailoring took me about 3 weeks of busting my ass, when i had no job (I had one, just it hadn't started yet, and school was starting soon too).

Now, to top that off, I had a little ahh ... help, from some other sources, that GREATLY decreased the amount of time it would have taken me to do all of this. Had I not had this ... help ... it literally woulda taken an absolute minimum of a month, maybe 3 months, to hit 156.

Now, here's the kicker. above 158 combines succeed less often than below 158. All of the combines require items that aren't all that common drops, and require you farm groundspawns (yew leaf tannin (which requires yew leaves from wakening lands and a decent brewing skill), and some other groundspawns) ... all in all, it is just a major pain in the ass, no matter how you look at it.

Even with the new 'help' for combining stuff, it would still take someone 4 months absolute minimum time from 0 to 255, if they had VERY easy access to all the pelts, spider silks, or what have you.

-Desbarolis -- Virtuoso
Old 10-21-2002, 08:54 AM   #9
Alethia or Celoria

Default Re: ...

above 158 combines succeed less often than below 158.
And you know I gotta say that I think the reason this is true is because of the simple fact that they don't, or didn't, have any gap bridging recipes from 158-250. With Velious we got all the new sorta class specific recipes but all of those trivialed post 250. It's a known fact that the further the gap between actual skill capability and recipe trivial the less chance of your success. It's been the BANE of aspiring tradeskillers since I can remember. That and the fact that some ingredients are just rediculous to have to get whether it be in price or rarity(and no I don't mean like BDs for the GM armor).

Even with the new Luclin recipes you've still got a jump from 188, studded acrylia trivial, to 242 for reinforced acrylia. Yeah there is that shaded hide armor but I don't see many people hollering for Mide Worm hides..

There also shouldn't be just one course of advancement that everyone has to follow.. A larger variety of recipes would cut down on all tradeskillers vying for the same types of ingredients.

/sigh oh well. I've rambled enough.