Old 10-22-2002, 02:01 PM   #1
Raedwulf

Default You gotta love this!

www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/eu...index.html

Airline pays woman squashed by obese passenger

Discuss.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:15 PM   #2
Ghie

Obese people should buy two tickets. Most airlines now make people who hang over a single seat, pay for two.

Of course Airplane seats are so small now that, me a normal 6' 200lb man, cant sit and have both shoulders on the back of the same seat.

Old 10-22-2002, 02:30 PM   #3
Igota

I know what you mean Ghie, I am 6'6" 220 (so rather skinny for my height) but my shoulders are WAY too big for a regular seat, I usually sit in the aisle row so I can hang one of them off the side of the seat and let one leg go in the aisle, then it is just a matter of moving everytime someone walks by

Fuggin business class, I need first!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 06:26 PM   #4
Treage

Think I stumbled over you 2 getting to the restroom!!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:07 PM   #5
Aishen

holy sh!t, igota, 6'6"?
Old 10-22-2002, 07:33 PM   #6
Igota

Yup, tall mo-fakka... Really sucks when you are walking around an strange house at night, some of those damn door ways are just about 6'5"

/e rubs his head.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:26 PM   #7
Racter Vargun

Default I feel yo' pain

6'7" here, Igota. I feel your pain. Luckily, in Arizona, it seems our architecture allows for slightly larger buildings. Which means for me, higher doorways and such. I go back East and find that it's all drastically smaller.
I've only had one problem here, and that's with fans. Specifically, the light bulbs that hang from fan. The really hot lightbulbs, that are easily knocked down and shatter.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:31 AM   #8
Misty

Default Re: I feel yo' pain

I'm only 6'2" and bang my forehead getting on trains and trams all the time. I find stadium seating just plain cramped. Same thing with bus seats, I bring my knees up towards my chest to sit down in public seating and I still push the backs of seats in front of me with them. That's the only way I can share the 2nd place beside me without cramping grannies.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:44 AM   #9
Dwarkarn

Default Re: I feel yo' pain

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Obese people should buy two tickets. Most airlines now make people who hang over a single seat, pay for two. [/quote]

Fvck yes they should, but airlines are always on the guard because , these obese fvckers are always looking to blame there obesity on someone else and play the victim role. Airlines have been succesfuly sued for making "large" people pay for 2 seats before.

Personally I don't think there is any discrimination invloved, if you are a fat arse muther fvcker then you get the joy of paying for 2 seats to sit your proud fat arse in. Do I treat fat people any different than normal people, no I don't but when it comes to how much room you are taking up on an airplane don't go all fvcking sooky when someone asks you to pay for two seats to sit your arse in.