Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2002, 02:41 AM   #1
Daveena

Default PoP - first impressions

I like it!

Now, this isn't going to be a really detailed message since I used my level 42 Cleric to explore Plane of Knowledge a bit.

I basically just explored awhile and checked things out, hailing any NPC I found and seeing what was what. Also found the Blessing of Piety and Faith spells for him.

One thing I was disappointed in was Plane of Tranquility. I was under the impression that this was going to be an open zone for everyone like PoK.

I guess it is considered a normal "plane" in that my cleric is too young to use PoT =( ...he just bounced back when clicking on the portal getting the message that he wasn't experienced enough(C'mon Jimi Hendrix!!!! Gimme my PoT and let me get Experienced!).

I might have to bring Daveena out of semi-retirement and take a look around.

The switching of music to mp3 format is nice. I hope they redo all the ingame music.

'Nuff for now...
Old 10-24-2002, 04:57 AM   #2
Dwarkarn

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The switching of music to mp3 format is nice. I hope they redo all the ingame music.[/quote]

WOW They finally came out of the darkages?

Old 10-24-2002, 05:20 AM   #3
Daveena

Yeah, you just might have to come back Dwark!

Old 10-24-2002, 05:37 AM   #4
KunoRepo

Personally I love it! I exped on Plane of Nitemares Tuesday and the music was awsome. I sat around in the plane of Tranquility for a few hours just talkin cause the music just drew me into the game. I personally think the Plane of Justice is a tad creepy.

Rubenn
Old 10-24-2002, 07:18 AM   #5
Cassaendra

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in PoInnovation...I found myself thinking about it all day yesterday while at work. I couldn't wait to get home to see more of it. (I feel like watching "Terminator" again. ) Cassaendra = geek

We tested /raid...it was a lot of fun. Groups no longer have to be "balanced." No one needs to whine about KS experience anymore, weee!

As a druid, I never really felt the need to have two chat windows open. With /raid, I feel the need to. Being the only "healer" in PoInnovation (with a lot of help from 3 paladins and 2 rangers) of a group of 10, having the /raid window up helped a lot in buffing and clicking to see who needed a heal. It will take some adjustment...it felt like putting on glasses or contacts for the first time. Interesting, but needs some growing in to.

A nifty suggestion that might possibly be too taxing (and perhaps a cheat?) would be if we could have a health bar of each member of the raid.

The background music/sound makes a difference for me. It sets the mood. I really like the music/sounds in Justice and Innovation a lot. I haven't gone to a lot of zones though.

PoDisease has a cool look to it. Had my fill of duoing there with my husband after I died with 3 respawns that I could not root. LOL. He is a skilled ranger, so I'll leave the soloing there to him.

I loved PoTranquility. Walking up to the portals was very cool. I felt like a tourist gawking at monuments. I should pack some picnic food the next time.

I am quite happy and impressed so far.

Old 10-24-2002, 07:20 AM   #6
Suicidal Slayne

First hour was filled with me whining about not being able to move with over 150 people in the zone, clipping and all effects off and the framerate being just utter crap.

I can run around Bazaar wtih close to 300 people with the same options off and not have that kind of problem.

So I'm waiting till the weekend, hopefully things will come down enough for me to explore. In the mean time, homework and classes beckon.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:45 AM   #7
Inmountains

Default PoP

I am still questing to find PoP. No, there is no EB within 400 miles of me, my choice is Wal Mart or Sam Goody, and both are sold out. And I am not paying shipping to anyone!!!! Keep posting, I love reading about it though.

Old 10-24-2002, 07:47 AM   #8
Dunwut Speeritnite

Same thing here Slayne. I finally turned off about every thing and was able to move around some but anytime I get near the library it turns into a slideshow. My system ain't top notch but jeez I can move around in the bazaar much better with more options on.

I know texture caching improves load times but does it do anything to help with graphics lag?

Old 10-24-2002, 08:06 AM   #9
Korinn eq

Default ...

I think PoP is WICKED AWESOME! Really I am loving it so far. With the new graveyard system I can go and not be afraid of losing my corpse in zones that I know little to nothing about.

I don't think melee classes got very much from the expansion as far as new abilites and skills compared to all the spells that were added so I'm going to concentrate on getting the AA's I still haven't gotten from the luclin expansion. Once I have those I will reding 61 and charge forward.

Korinn
60 (again) Warlord
Old 10-24-2002, 08:21 AM   #10
gonades

Default great exp!

plane of justice is just too good, exp is great there in lower basement. Plane of nightmares is also pretty good , although killing in PoJ is easier and mobs have less hp. Plane of disease wasnt great at all for exp. Died once the entire day in these zones on my 46 Necro, but was fun and made an entire level< about to ding 47, was falling asleep on keyboard> . Only zone i had resist problems in was plane of disease. Nothing dropped but items prolly used for quest, so dont really expect anything, unless your going after the bigger stuff which woudl take atleast 2+ groups in PoD < was told 15 ring of destiny members were all killed there> Hoping to check out more planes today. PoP has turned out to be great.

----
and you dont have to be in a Guild or anythign to group in these zones, thanks to those people Acetate grouped with yesterday, was too much fun

Acetate 46 Dark Elf Necromancer of The Raenore!