Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2002, 09:00 PM   #1
Padishan

Default Anyone have a solution to this problem?

I have been crashing to desktop all the time. Sometimes i cant stay online for more then 5mins, its a really pain. Anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Padishan Nadbasher
51 Disiciple of Divine Synergy
Old 10-26-2002, 10:43 PM   #2
Carathos Ollathir

If you are running a modified UI, then you will need to update it. Here's what you do: copy the entire contents of the default folder in uifiles in the EQ directory to the folder which contains your custom UI. Then, copy your modified UI (just the custom .xml files) and that should get your UI up-to-date.

The problem is, people that have a custom UI have it kept in a directory other than the default one. That's a smart thing to do, but whenever you patch, and the UI is updated, those updates go to the default folder, not the one you're using. It would be nice if they would patch it to your custom one, but, c'est la vie.

If you aren't running a custom UI, then I don't know what your problem is (><)
Old 10-27-2002, 03:58 AM   #3
Ironskin

Actually if you are using a custom UI you only need the files that are changed in the custom UI directory. If a file dosent exist in your custom directory, it will automatically use the one from the default directory. So delete all the files in your custom UI directory and just add your custom files to it, dont add any of the default files...