Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2002, 09:05 PM   #1
Tolyn Nylot

Default Sars UI 3.0 Final

Took way too much time....now i can get back to XP!

Enjoy =D

Screenshot
Download
Old 10-03-2002, 09:40 PM   #2
TheClericBanton

Quick Question, Is it caster Friendly?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:56 PM   #3
Astryne

Very nicely Done...
Old 10-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #4
Kerrol The Fury

I've tried dozens of UI's and this is the only one so far that doesn't lag me to hell. Very clean and smooth. This will remain my UI of choice (when I need it turned on) until someone comes up with an exact replica of the Velious-era UI, which I'm not holding my @#%$ breath for. I'll still use the old UI for everyday play.

Only thing I don't like is the buff bar. Seems very cumbersome, although the design is very good. I actually just drag the buff icons out of screen and use the text to know what I have on me.

The grey borders do wear on the eyes a bit. Any chance you'll be doing maybe a black/blue or black/black scheme?

Karaj
Affliction
Old 10-04-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
Submina Dominatrix

my UI might not be an *exact* copy of the old Velious UI (which was much nicer due to simplicity) but its *close* appart from the listed buffs and new icons, and I've not touched any of the caster crap, I'll find a Screenie and post it, see if you like kerrol.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:44 AM   #6
Kerrol The Fury

Please do, thanks.

Karaj
Affliction
Old 10-04-2002, 05:21 AM   #7
Dwarkarn

Wow Sars that looks damn nice.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:08 AM   #8
Kamakasi Battlemaster

Very nice looking, and if it makes the user happy that even better. Personally(I know you don't care) im not willing to give up 25% of my world display to all that. I only use the new UI and tweek it IG. I have a window for my hits, and one for getting hit. Both windows are compleatly transparent. This allows me to still see all my info, in any back ground color(Looking at the sky, or something else will not loose the text) and I still get to see everything behind it.

Nice job on it though, It sure is purdee.

Kama
Old 10-04-2002, 10:13 AM   #9
Submina Dominatrix

here you go kerrol

its only minorly tweaked and atm I cant be bothered to fix a few things to make it even more like the old UI, and I'm no artist to get rid of some of the bits, but its simple, and looks closely to what my old UI does

Screenshot
Old 10-04-2002, 12:32 PM   #10
Ray the Shammy

Quick question, Im having trouble keeping the boxes where i want them. When i start up eq they are all in the middle again. How do i save them in the places that i want. Thanks in advance.

Sook
Old 10-04-2002, 01:29 PM   #11
Graiden Broodbattler

Sars This is and awesome UI i was usen your old one before and it was good also.

The only thing that i found Wrong in it is the Merchant Window is Not wide enough if only shows 1/2 of the second row of items, And the loot screen its like Messed up a bit. other than that its Great
Old 10-04-2002, 02:48 PM   #12
Darue Ivywood

ray..right click and select ' Lock '

this will lock the windows in their position.

Old 10-04-2002, 05:13 PM   #13
Ray the Shammy

Doh, i knew it was going to be something even a 4 year old can do. Thanks for the help

Sook
Old 10-04-2002, 06:31 PM   #14
Tolyn Nylot

thanks graiden i will fix that asap...please post any other problems you may find with the zip as well. anyone else having problems with the starting location of the buff window? been getting that a lot. taking the night off but will unzip it myself later tonight and test it myself to find out anything else that may be wring with my upload.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:42 PM   #15
Zarney Emarr

nice nice ui man, i brought it to graidens attention about the loot window thingie but otherwise i loved it !!
Old 10-05-2002, 06:43 AM   #16
Metzen Megablades

Hey sars, What do you have for your text colors? all of mine crap out against the window background
Old 10-05-2002, 08:31 AM   #17
kingwhip

For a complete computer illiterate person, how exactly do you make your own UI like this? Is the program easy enough to use for a novice (even though it might take forever for me to do myself)?

Wherez
Old 10-05-2002, 09:18 AM   #18
Tolyn Nylot

Metzen, i use the standard colors for the most part and the only text i had problems reading was dark blue - but i always had problems reading that. I found the horizontal pattern actually enhanced the visibility of most other text colors. Do you have any gamma correcting software to check your monitor? If not you can always right click the window and turn off the texture to use a solid color, or you can change the color of the background lines by opening the background.tga file in photoshop and manually change the color.

Sars 3.1 is now in the zip file for anyone downloading - this contains the fixed loot/merchant windows and an updated READ ME file with a F.A.Q section that addresses the other problems that have been reported, but are not bugs. For everyone that already have downloaded the UI, you can get the patch from the link below.

Sars UI 3.1 Patch
Old 10-05-2002, 04:37 PM   #19
TheClericBanton

Wherez, I dont believe there is a program yet to help make UI's, I know there was rumor of one in the works but as now you need to do XML (lang its coded in) by hand. Just typing it out like Html and C++, hehe

But its alot easier then both of them, especially C++, its ALOT easier then that

/goes back to coding his C++ Homework...
Old 10-06-2002, 12:26 AM   #20
Parum n Silarik

Two questions:

What screen size you using?

and

Am I just missing it, or is there a way to resize the chat window?

Parum
Old 10-06-2002, 12:55 AM   #21
Boggrok

Very nice.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:23 PM   #22
Tolyn Nylot

If anyone is still experiencing problems with the loot or merchant windows, my initial patch was correct, but shortly after i was convinced it was a bad patch so i reuploaded it and for 4 hours that was actually the same exact files you were supposedly replacing, ...it is now fixed so either re-download the complete zip or just the patch to fix any problems, and as always doubloe check the Read Me file for any questions as most of the answers are there.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:10 AM   #23
olorin00

Could you make a link for you timer only please? I would like the timer with my own UI (made from what I find)

Tks
Gildorr
Old 10-16-2002, 12:29 PM   #24
Drozzt

Default Re. Interface

After a friend showed me your UI i had to download it and try it out, and all i can say is WOW. One thing that bugs me though, and i don't know if it can be fixed or not, is the flashing red box that is above and to the right of the target lock window, it doesn't flash around the target window ;(

Other then that, killer job!!

Old 10-16-2002, 01:22 PM   #25
Colwynn

That flashing red box can be dragged to where ever you have your target window. Just so you know.