Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
Hammie

Default Tech knowledgable people please help.

Ok guys, been having a problem that is really annoying and as usual Tech people are of no help and will admit no fault. I have seen ALOT of people in the chatroom with the same excact problem that I am having. I am open to any suggestions that you may have. ok here it is :

When loading is EQ I have no problems what-so-ever, loads quickly and smoothly like it always has. Once I get to the character selection screen I pick my character and select enter world. Here is where the problem begins - 1 of 2 things will happen at this point - 1) the screen goes black and says " you have been disconnected" then kicks me back the server screen. 2) My character will load in game but 1 or 2 minutes after the lag bar will go crazy then kick me off once again back to the server screen. But there is other times I can log and play for hours with no problems at all, but that is not very often lately.
I have updated all my video and modem drivers just to be safe, but was no help. I had the phone company check my line for noise or "trash" and found none.
EQTech has been no help at all as of yet. I tried to email them again and am waiting for a response.
Once again, I have seen alot of people in the chatroom with this same problem. Have any of you had this problem and if so how did you fix it ?

Thx in advance for any and all help that is offered guys.

Hammie
60th Cleric of Emarr.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:42 PM   #2
Fori Shadowmoon

happens to me if i use EQWindows and dont patch.

I assume however that EQTech has told you to repatch and do a full repatch?

Old 10-29-2002, 12:18 AM   #3
Hammie

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by a FULL repatch? Usually when it boots me off numerous times i will shut down the comp completely which makes me have to re-patch again, is this what you mean?
I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to computers so any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

I logged on tonight and had no problems at all, no lag or anything. Maybe its just that POP is over loaded ya think?

/sigh
<-------------very frustrated.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:10 AM   #4
Fori Shadowmoon

it is in the same place you find the optional patchs

click all the exp patches.. velious, kunark.. ect.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:35 AM   #5
Hammie

Ok, thank you Fori. I will try that ASAP.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:08 AM   #6
Fori Shadowmoon

cant say as it will work.. but worth a try if you've never done it